2863 replies to this topic

#41 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,825 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

heh, that kind of coding is the way the wiki works. We just go into someone else's edits and see the code they used to format/edit their page then apply it with new data.
Gene, if you need more ideas on the code used to set up pages, check out the way that nihilith did it for Albion here:

http://darkmatters.o...dex.php5/Albion

you can easily copy the template over into any new page that you add to the wiki. Also see how he added it to a larger listing of uniques here:

http://darkmatters.o...niques_Database

you can find a place in that last link where your item would go and then just enter your unique name directly onto that page by eding that page itself, and then use the wiki code button at the top (Internal Link) to create a new page for it by highlighting and using the Internal Link button at the top to create an interwiki link to a new page which will be create it if an old page does not already exist.

Also check out this wiki section here... some peeps have found great code like NO INCLUDE etc...good examples of this can be found in the CA pages like this one here:

http://darkmatters.o...d_Hit/Gladiator

That's a quick walkthrough of what the gang's found while experimenting, and if you find more code please post it up...a great example of good wiki codes would be in other game wikis across the net. If you see them using wiki code in a way that could help us, just post and share.

Good luck!
:twitch:

gogo

p.s. Gene, I just looked at your additions...they look great. This is the way the wiki's holes can be filled in...one item and one sentence at a time. Great that you got the code working and it looks like you've already got the basics in hand. Nice work.

#42 Funkilicious

Funkilicious

Mister Einsteinium

• Fellowship
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

I haven't forgotten this project but just haven't had the time needed at home to work on it, sorry guys but you are all amazing :P :twitch: p.s. if you had only started this in my Winter time :blink:

Posted Image

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but, by the moments that take our breath away

#43 gial

gial

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 798 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

I haven't forgotten this project but just haven't had the time needed at home to work on it, sorry guys but you are all amazing :) :blink: p.s. if you had only started this in my Winter time :P

The beach is soooo inviting when it's warm. :twitch:
Too bad there is no wifi there. Besides, sand ruins the keyboard.

#44 Funkilicious

Funkilicious

Mister Einsteinium

• Fellowship
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

I haven't forgotten this project but just haven't had the time needed at home to work on it, sorry guys but you are all amazing :) :bow: p.s. if you had only started this in my Winter time :(

The beach is soooo inviting when it's warm. :)
Too bad there is no wifi there. Besides, sand ruins the keyboard.

So true :4rofl: but it is the Garden and the Pool that beckon us at the moment, rearranging the garden beds and that pesky chore of weeding.
Not sure what was growing in the pool, needless to say the saltwater chlorinator pump died which was the agenda last week, but the good news is it is now back to a sparkling blue. The beach is just a little bit further down the track :D

Trust me I am thinking of you all as I sip my cool intoxicating elixir sitting by the pool :)

Posted Image

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but, by the moments that take our breath away

#45 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,825 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

aww, I want the beach too, lol..
Funki dinna worry, I'm sure there will be stuff to do when the next season rolls around, and you're right...everyone's doing a fantastic job.
And...I just brought in the silly messages...I wrote up a small intro, but the formatting is crappy and...I don't know if I even like my intro!
:)

http://darkmatters.o...Ingame_Messages

If there's anyone that wants to give it a tango go right ahead.

And in the last couple of days:

Gial, that glossary is looking great...nice job.

http://darkmatters.o...y:Game_Glossary

And Schot...the new seraphim on the Character Class page...deeeeeeeeeeelish

Posted Image

The work your doing on the rendered images is creating great new toon pics that noone has seen before. That page is an important one, and is going to turn out to be a great intro to the rest of the wiki.

Epox, you got all the Glad Ca pics done...brilliant!...and what...in just a few minutes...sweet

http://darkmatters.o...ttack/Gladiator

As well, Llama and Ob are bearing down on the wiki relentlessly non stop with the data fill ins for the set items... fantastic job, both of you.

And of course...Pevil has just made an appearance and...done this:

http://darkmatters.o...dex.php5/Mounts

Claire, lol...there's a lot of guides to format huh!
ahhh, darlin :4rofl: they will soon be done, bit by bit... they will be wikified!

:bow: to all

gogo

#46 Epox

Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:42 PM

ooooh very nice :) any other chars that needs some pics :4rofl:

#47 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,825 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:02 AM

ayuh, quite a number of CA pics have to be filled in I think...have a look through... I think the Dwarf needs help, dark elf, possibly.

gogo

#48 Epox

Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:58 AM

Okay I just finished the entire Dwarf section with ca pics

#49 erialc

erialc

Copper Fortune-Teller

• Fellowship
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:28 AM

*hooks up a pc beside Funki's pool*

You deserve a break Funki so enjoy that drink and chilling out in the summertime...hehe I say this with the door open looking out at a very cripsy frosty view! Looks pretty though :D

Posted Image

#50 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,825 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:10 AM

Okay I just finished the entire Dwarf section with ca pics

Awesome Epox!~

lol, I just got home now and you're all over the wiki...lol, you and Gial...nice work guys

+++

:D

gogo

#51 Epox

Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:50 AM

thx gogo hehe :thumbsup:

all Dark elf Combat Arts has been pictufied :4rofl: De done

Bm Combat Arts has also been Picufied

more to the wiki Combat Arts picks :D

only think that seraphim is left now + maybe 1or 2 wood elfs

#52 Shard

Shard

Indium Shaman

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

Spell Damage formula added, I can't add the weapon damage (that poor part of it I've found) because I lost the data :(
Anyway, I'll add the constant parameters in the list in the Spell Damage Formula's Parameters page and than I'll finally start to work on the Daemon's metagame articles :D

Don't expect updates very soon!! :D xD

#53 Guest_FrostElfTwin_*

Guest_FrostElfTwin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

...hehe I say this with the door open looking out at a very cripsy frosty view! Looks pretty though :)

Hey! No peeking! ...and... Definitely NO laughing!

Really!

;)

#54 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,825 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:25 PM

lol, this Wiki's like the coolest online game ever.
A few days ago I was hunting around on other game wiki's for hot table code...then found this one, and Brad helped with getting it going on our Wiki...problem was the alternating of colors was, at five am in the morning...just something that kept evading us.
arrrrrgh
Came back in early this morning form work at 3.30 and ... lol... Gial had stepped in and done a nifty description of the table and...sorted out the alternating colors.

http://darkmatters.o...dex.php5/Skills

Nice work guys!

gogo

#55 Epox

Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

just looked at the tablets for all skills for classes that ya posted in the link their, heavenly magic is red in colour is red.

we still need some seraphim picks :D

#56 gial

gial

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:04 AM

We have 228 "dead end pages" in the wiki now. These are pages that do not link to any other page. Kind of defeats the concept of the wiki. I'm gonna be trying to fill in some data on them, and get more cross linking going here.

There is also a paucity of good tabular setups. I may attempt to write a general purpose table template, too.

and the Heavenly Magic was red because the page had not yet been created (thats what all the red links are - nonexistant pages)

Here's how I've been going about linking and adding pages - just a thought but it works for me:

First, I type the code marking links as I think they should read, then preview it

Second, any links that are blue are good; I leave them alone.

Third, if there are any red links, I open "Special Pages" in a new window, then go to "All Pages" and scroll through the list looking for what I'm trying to link but may be expressed slightly different. If I find it, I go back and change my link to a piped link, so it reads the same, but links to the existing page. If I don't find it, I leave the link as is.
Finally, (if I remember), I click the red link and {{ stub }} the page, so it gets created. Super ambition would even put something useful there too.

#57 Schot

Schot

DarkMatter's Imagineer

• Administrator
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:10 AM

Ah good eyes gial. Looks like most of those dead ends are CA pages and Uniques pages. That should be easy enough to fix while I work on other things. Very nice tip about using the piped links too. It's come in handy a couple of times for me. For those not aware of piped links read this:
Help:Links

Just popped in to say formatting and CA videos as well as pics by Epox are complete in the Gladiators CA pages. :D Here's a few examples:

http://darkmatters.o...ok/external.png) center right no-repeat; padding-right: 13px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Stomping Jump
http://darkmatters.o...ok/external.png) center right no-repeat; padding-right: 13px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Dagger Stare
Back-breaker

Cheers!

#58 gial

gial

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 798 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:14 AM

Just accidentally discovered the page inclusion ability by looking at some of Schot/Nihilith's work. Wow. I have a big learning curve to cover here. :D I think a lot of what I've done could be done much better this way. So neat and clean. A lot easier to keep synchronized, too.

Good news and bad news: Good for me, I am finally able to get some time off at work. Bad for my contributions here, I will be gone for about two weeks. I may have occasional access to the 'net on dial up (Mom and Dad live waaaay out in the boonies in New Mexico), but no guarantees.

@Schot: I really like the look to the skills table. I was bugged by all the headings being left aligned, so went in to fix it. hehe. After a half hour of trying everything I could think of, I had to Cancel the edit. Could have saved myself the trouble had I but used my noggin -- you've way more experience than I, and if you left the heads left aligned, there's a reason. :P

{{: tata for now}}

PS: Schot: You've nudged me enough now about IE 6. Went out and downloaded Firefox tonight. The runes look much better now in the tables. It'll take some adjusting on my part, but I was not enamored with IE -- it's just what I need to use for work.

Edited by gial, 25 October 2007 - 12:20 AM.

#59 Schot

Schot

DarkMatter's Imagineer

• Administrator
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

lol gial. Oh it was not by any amount of want that I left it left, hehe. I was going bonkers with all the aligning and just had to take a break. Aligning the headers is proving a bit of a task. They just don't seem to want to center. If I change the headers into regular cells like the rest then it all centers easily... Where there's a will there's a way though. :P

Ah and so you're getting some much deserved time off then eh? Well I hope you enjoy it well gial. We know you had a very busy few weeks at work. No doubt you'll be smiling for the first few days straight, haha.

Say hi to mah and pah for me! :hugs:

P.s.
@gial: lol Woohoo! :D

#60 ~Night.Wolfe~

~Night.Wolfe~

Head Admin Wolfe's Lair Site

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

On your funny message list Gogo.... my guess would be that the Blue Fairy one is a reference to Pinocchio... the character name was even "Blue Fairy".....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users