Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I was just looking at recent history. A few of the links actually show a smaller number of characters because I removed duplicate links. I am assuming that we still want just one link to another page on a linking page. Is that correct?

Edited by Ysne58

Just look at recent history. The only history there is the changes I made on Thursday. There were several links that were duplicates (as well as one that was linking to the wrong page that was listed on several of those pages). Some of the changes I made led to the pages being fewer characters in length, one was actually 150. There are not alot of changes there. I just want to make sure I'm not messing anything up.

I think she asking whether there should be multiple links to the same page (I.e. should the NPC TyBosso be a link every time the name appears, or only the first time it appears).

I have not done wiki work in a long time, and a lot has changed since, but when I did the rule was only the first instance is a link.

post-3093-0-48370100-1407085549_thumb.jpg

Some of these entries show that the edit has fewer characters than the original. I've gotten feedback in the past about being careful when removing content. I just want to make sure that the policy is still to only link once to a specific page from the page that is being editied.

Thanks for the feedback Knuckles.

Ah, I see what you are referring to now :)

If you are just fixing links and editing sentences for syntax/clarity then it's no issue if the result has a few less characters. Short and concise is always preferable to a rambling or confusing sentence :)

I'm also adding content where it feels right. I'm not removing anything other than duplicate links. If I come up with a question about something that I think needs a dramatic edit, I'll ask first, just because that is less complicated than making a chance and trying to fix the damage later.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Places_of_Ancaria

I gave this page some love.

I'm also trying to take a close look at a page when I'm done with it and linking up things that should have a link but don't. There wasn't a link for Sloeford on this page even though it's listed.

Edited by Ysne58
  • Like! 1

Thanks Ysne. Now that most of the "big" chunks of information are on the Wiki, it is good to refine what's there and make sure all the finer details are filled in, accurate, and up to par. Looks great.

One interesting thing I might add about the Lord Gemma NPC is that he's involved in 2 quests (Hungry Wolves is listed, but he's also part of Settling Debts). The other interesting thing (kind of a bug) is that the game spawns two separate Lord Gemma NPC's (1 for each quest).

Edited by Flix

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Bluestone_Lake

I removed the duplicate links in the NPC section.

Enemies section: Someone took the lazy way out on this page in the enemies section and referred to the notes at the bottom of the page instead of listing them out. That just looks sloppy considering how detailed the other enemy sections on other pages are so in depth.

The note(s) in that section should probably be removed as those places are each referred to in the first paragraph. I did not want to remove that content without discussing it first.

Updates to the Wiki, a few hundred pages last night in fact. yeeeeeeeeeeeowch me hands... Looks like we have some big new tenants moving in... gotta make room...

:whistle:

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates