Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

CA level 150 is not nearly as easy as it may seem. even with focus at mastery and +120 all skills. the 200 rune limit on my level 158 seraphim will only get me to a 132 CA. so I think level 150 is possible, but only at end game. Even with double hits of AW doing 124K damage each(boosted by BFG mods and rev tech lore). level 190 champs still take 2 shots sometimes. I can't imagine Pillar at that level yet, but it would be something to strive for if I could get it to a high threshold. especially since deathblow no longer works with spells as it did in 2.40

Yeah this is probably my issue, I tend to start back from scratch rather before I even get into gold (Actually, I haven't ever reached Niobium). I guess I'll have to try to stick to it and get to niob sometime and see what experience I can get from that.

Those numbers are sick by the way, champions still taking 2 hits some times at those levels. My current build will be an Area of Effect build, it's going fine now, but I'm afraid it might fail MASSIVELY after reading that post of yours. Doesn't bode well for me and my tactics ;)

Places pix done for

Orcish Byway

Academy of Arcane Science

Island of Malday

Urthak's Moxie

Urthak's Bay

Pointed Peaks

pics ready for cemetery near Orcish Byway once I figure out what to call it

I'm especially happy you got those two done.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...rthak%27s_Moxie

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Orcish_Byway

Because of the mount quest, a bunch of links linking to those two pages have now gone blue. It's like dim, dark lights that have been waiting to come on line are finally getting to blink life!

:D

gogo

I've done some edits, I hope you guys don't mind!

I tried my best making this as easy on the eyes as I could (In this post), if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Seraphim CA Hallowed Restoration:

Mod(s):

Changed:

No longer heals 20 HP/s + 40 HP/s per CA level with the bronze recuperation mod. I do not know the exact number, but 20 + 10 is much more accurate (But still not dead-on)

Usage Strategies:

Changed:

No longer implies that the player is "indestructible" while this CA is up, as it's been balanced and counters have been added for mobs against it (Some bosses and champions have the ability to remove the regeneration buff)

Pro(s):

Changed:

"*When modded for Recuperation, allows for near invulnerable characters"

Into:

"*When modded with Recuperation, may void the necessity to use health potions"

Con(s):

Added:

"*Certain bosses and champions have the ability to remove the Recuperation buff effect"

Stats Chart:

Changed:

"*Duration (for '''Recuperation'''?) is 10 seconds."

Into:

"*Duration of all modded temporary effects is 10 seconds."

To better reflect that all three temporary effects (
Recuperation
Prevention
and
Antidote
) have a 10 second duration, not just
Recuperation

Seraphim CA Radiant Pillar:

Mods:

Changed:

Ordeal (Gold mod) calculation is incorrect, it is definitely not 25% + 0.5% per CA level, according to various in-game tests. I changed it to + 0.?%, for lack of knowledge. (I think it's better to let people know it's unknown rather than give them a false sense of knowledge, feel free to change of course)

Usage Strategies:

Changed:

Fixed a typo "Baneful Smile" into "Baneful Smite". However, a funny typo! (Pun intended)

Well that's it for now, nothing major at all, I'll stick to the "Walking a thousand miles begins with a single step" quote :)

Good job here mate!. I remember a while back that rooster had posted about the Seraphim's number had to be updated. I just saw all the work you've done reconciling the changes into the wiki

:D

gogo

I did another two more sets of writing in those dang item mods ... I can do two sets a day before I go mad :) After running away from those sets, I ended up landing in the elemntal damage section... I also got to really figger out some better flow and really begin to reconcile

elemental damage types

Detrimental magic efffects

Secondary damage effects

socketable damage converters...

all of them are all related but all kind of different... I finally gave up and just started making individual pages for all the different sections. It came to me in a dream last night. I think we can build off all those section/pages from the core elemental damage types.

So... we'll have a page called poison, for example, and I can, on that poison page list everything that describes it and also shoot links to how it manifests in the game via socketing it as a converter, how it can be a part of our resistances, how it can defeat someone else who doesn't have poison on, etc etc. Plus, as well, on those awesome core element pages/damage types, we can also list enemies that do high poison damage and enemies that have low poison damage for example. With the data arranged like this, peeps can now research easily elemental builds and even know where to kill without having to discover it all themselves ^^ As well, we can list uniques that have associations to great poison values.

Then it was off to Erris ( MIss her! :()'s amazingly detailed game glossary and began to reconcile some of her definitions against the new pages put in for the elements...plus added a few links for fun.

Ahh, wiki's are lovely

:)

gogo

I did another two more sets of writing in those dang item mods ... I can do two sets a day before I go mad :crazy: After running away from those sets, I ended up landing in the elemntal damage section... I also got to really figger out some better flow and really begin to reconcile

elemental damage types

Detrimental magic efffects

Secondary damage effects

socketable damage converters...

all of them are all related but all kind of different... I finally gave up and just started making individual pages for all the different sections. It came to me in a dream last night. I think we can build off all those section/pages from the core elemental damage types.

So... we'll have a page called poison, for example, and I can, on that poison page list everything that describes it and also shoot links to how it manifests in the game via socketing it as a converter, how it can be a part of our resistances, how it can defeat someone else who doesn't have poison on, etc etc. Plus, as well, on those awesome core element pages/damage types, we can also list enemies that do high poison damage and enemies that have low poison damage for example. With the data arranged like this, peeps can now research easily elemental builds and even know where to kill without having to discover it all themselves ^^ As well, we can list uniques that have associations to great poison values.

Then it was off to Erris ( MIss her! :cry:)'s amazingly detailed game glossary and began to reconcile some of her definitions against the new pages put in for the elements...plus added a few links for fun.

Ahh, wiki's are lovely

:drool:

gogo

Gogo, what you have done to the poison page has ruined the poison damage bar template on any page that has it, boss page/specific boss pages and so on, instead of displaying the damage bar and the word poison, they displayed everything you had put onto that page. I fixed it up by adding the little poison.jpg icon and the <onlyinclude> tags to the page correct words to neaten up everything, but you may want to go through and check it out to make sure I have it correct.

Edit: I also think that its kind of confusing to me how everything is worded at the moment on the wiki. You have detrimental effects and detrimental magic effects as two separate things when detrimental effects is the actual description ingame, there is no mention of them as det. magic effects, I think the page should be simply det. effects and no mention be made of det. magic effects anywhere. And the same thing with secondary damage effects, burn, freeze, poison, slow, weaken...they are all detrimental effects, there is no difference between them...so something like the following line:

All elemental damage types have their own elemental damage converter which may be socketed to increase its elemental damage as well as the chance to inflict their own corresponding Secondary Damage Effect which is also a type of detrimental effect:

should read more like the following I feel:

All elemental damage types have their own elemental damage converter which may be socketed to increase its elemental damage as well as the chance to inflict their corresponding detrimental effect:

Again, no mention of vague extra terms that are only on the wiki (secondary damage effects/det magic effects) and only detrimental effects being used as page name and description for the page detailing the various effects.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Thanks for looking of the pages DB, and now some feedback is a great breakfast for me ^^

Course I'm up early this morning back at it, so let's see what's happening. A while back, when the pages were going up , me, llama and schot had a discussion about how to reconcile ingame use of the words secondary damage effects versus a word we thought was correct at that time... Detrimental Effects

We all ultimately agreed that we would then use those terms to give a kind of hierarchy , by having secondary damage effects come first,

damageeffects.jpg

as being part of a subset of Detrimental magic effects ( I still haven't culled the list of every single Det effect in the game but it would have been nice to have here)... Secondary Damage Effects, only having to do with weapon/ranged damage as impacted by whichever elemental transmuter is socketed within it or natively to it via make up of weapon.

Ahhh, and I'd completely forgotten that that particular page could be being called from...

DOH!

*face-palm slap!* I'll take a look at the what link pages and see what's been impacted, easy enough to fix, and thanks for the loan of the eagle eyes^^

Now onwards mates, the third part of this tricky, early morning post with half a coffee...ah ^^ ... we'll try to prevail :crazy:

So... now that we are defining Secondary damage effects as being a subset of Detrimental ... it now comes down to ...the detrimental effects page being filled out with all the effects, and finally we'll have our list. Detrimental questions keep coming up on our forum all the time. It's because they haven't been documented properly, so my best dream wish is that soon, we'll have that list and have a list of nasty stuffs that Spell Resistance and some of the other item mods can keep off our back.

Detrimental effects is what I had originally put into the wiki for reference a few months go when I first started writing these articles. However, I began to rewrite the word last night as Detrimental magic effect because I had remembered seeing that word as well

detmagiceffects-1.jpg

And when I do shopping...I find that the new word I had just put in last night is actually correct as coming off an item modifier:

realmagicdetreimental.jpg (just shopped that now)

I'm now thinking that when I originally put that word detrimental effects into the wiki a while back, it could have been me and schot trying to come up with a kind of blanket term to try and cover everything...but after reading posts on this forum and having a look at ingame terms, it's looking more and more to me like the word to be used is Deterimental magic effects?

Maybe someone can offer me some feedback soooooooooooo early this morning if they have some researched findings different than mine?

DB... I'm off to take a look at the broken links you mentioned... dang, there goes Mcd's

noooooooooooooo

:drool:

gogo

Ok, I think I fixed the poison template linking issues so no real worry there.

As to det. magical effects, my bad, didnt realise that was what the game called it :crazy: Secondary damage effects makes sense being listed as a subset of det. magical effects (although its a subset containing the whole set of det magical effects...), so maybe if you reverse what I said before, scrap det effects and only use det. magical effects...?

PS. A thought...maybe if the term Secondary Damage effect describes the action of a type of damage causing a detrimental magicel effect instead of them being subsets of the other. So poison damage causes a chance to inflict the detrimental magical effect chance to poison, through its secondary damage effect. It makes a little more sense to me thinking about it that way through providing a bit more distinction between the two terms.

Edited by Dragon Brother

hahaah, now you see why I never did this for months :drool: I started putting in the pages long ago...but I just didn't "see" the overall pic till a few days ago and was able to map out the Venn (I'm a horrible drawer btw :oooo; I don't even want to guess what ascaron's sketches look like :cry:) Sacred is SO deep and the devs seem to have every part of this game connecting to each other...ultimately it made the elemental damages idea of this game tricky to map out for readers, because Ascaron uses so many terms almost interchangeably and have made mistakes, and I wanted to come up with a way that would recognize what we see with all the words that Ascaron uses in game. I'm still doing work on the Poison Page (love the alliteration) and I I have my eye set on community members who I know have been hiding their drawing skills but which I KNOW they have :devil: I think it would be wonderful if at the top of each element page there was a unique frontispiece to headline the data. The element pages can go on forever...we can keep finding ways to connect elements to player searches and even tie in the map let's say to areas controlled by, let's say, non-poison resistant creatures...this way peeps, all in advance, look at an element map, with which Schot's map tech, can take us there so we know where it is and instantly know where to develop a build for with no surprises against the enemies in Ancaria weakest to our madness!

:crazy:

gogo

The element pages can go on forever...we can keep finding ways to connect elements to player searches and even tie in the map let's say to areas controlled by, let's say, non-poison resistant creatures...this way peeps, all in advance, look at an element map, with which Schot's map tech, can take us there so we know where it is and instantly know where to develop a build for with no surprises against the enemies in Ancaria weakest to our madness!

:sick:

gogo

Thats a lot of work...and more stuff for schot to do too...does he ever get a break:)

PS. Is the forum ranking Sacred 2 site guru a ranking or what? It doesnt quite fit into the whole trend of warrior this and mercenary that

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just browsing the recent updates screen on the sacredWiki and I have to say:

Knuckles the work your doing on the places pages is just........ well, its just down right impressive, professional looking. Great Job man!

Thx loco :)

Check out the pics on the Hagelstein page I just did.....I'm really liking how that turned out :woot:

added a brief note about something I found to be a bit quirky... For a village that's been isolated from the rest of the world, how is it the bard can sing the same song every other bard is singing - the one Blind Guardian also sings in the in game concert...

Edited by gogoblender

Thx loco :)

Check out the pics on the Hagelstein page I just did.....I'm really liking how that turned out :woot:

Before, and after pix..I've never seen this done before, but it's an amazing "camera shot" idea you placed into the page! I actually didn't know much about this particular quest until your pix actually had me take a look it it. See? Every photographer has their eye. Unique. Wolfie, thanks for the writeup for info and the NPC as well! Attacking these page from both pic and prose editorials has done a clean sweep on this page.

NIce work guys

gogo

I was just going over all the edits this morning. Knuckles, you've turned the Places in Ancaria into a National Geographic spread!

And... after seeing all that and seeing that wiki is looking to be pretty solid these days, I'm looking at some other ideas after that huge great jaunt we had with a bunch of pages a few weeks back. I just want to make sure we've covered the other ares well, and then we can look to see if some other areas of discovery interest us.

gogo

I was just going over all the edits this morning. Knuckles, you've turned the Places in Ancaria into a National Geographic spread!

And... after seeing all that and seeing that wiki is looking to be pretty solid these days, I'm looking at some other ideas after that huge great jaunt we had with a bunch of pages a few weeks back. I just want to make sure we've covered the other ares well, and then we can look to see if some other areas of discovery interest us.

gogo

Sigh.....This means I got another big project ahead, huh? :P

p.s. Nor Plat should be done within a few days....got all the pics I need

ha, we're going head to head tonight Robb. I've finally undertaken an old project that was growing old for a while, the moving of antitrust's beautiful "Wounds" pages to ones named without the x% modifiers for google to track better. It's a big job, and moving is always nerve wracking but the snowshovelng has gone well and I'm feeling all giddy from the extra adrenaline.

So far so good.

gogo

I'm glad you're doing it...I'm sure I'd misplace a few things only Schot would ever have a chance of finding again :D Will probably have Nor Plat done tonight as my back is barking at me. Just waiting for pill to kick in. Though I seem to get a burst of energy taking them too, so I might be plugging away for another hour or 2. Just got a couple left in Orc region and then I might tackle the Mount Island page before calling it quits

edit: Orcs are done...Mount Island tomorrow :D

wheeeeeeeeeeee..Item Modifiers page is finally coming along a bit better.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Item_Modifiers

We've got almost all the links on the page turned blue, and we can finally again start to add in all the links from items in the game to their mods pages. This is going to be the ultimate level of depth for the wiki, with every single unique, set, combat art and Skill, finally completely cross-referenced to any and all of their item mods.

Whew

gogo

wheeeeeeeeeeee..Item Modifiers page is finally coming along a bit better.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Item_Modifiers

We've got almost all the links on the page turned blue, and we can finally again start to add in all the links from items in the game to their mods pages. This is going to be the ultimate level of depth for the wiki, with every single unique, set, combat art and Skill, finally completely cross-referenced to any and all of their item mods.

Whew

gogo

That is quite an accomplishment. Thanks Gogo, I'm glad to be back.

Thanks Ysne, I've been waiting a while for this part of the wiki to get there. Item mods are pretty much what distinguishes this game from so many others out there, and the sheer number of them is mind-boggling. For a little game, it's cool having such a big wiki.

We've been lucky to have great writers, pictakers (is that even a word :lol:), formaters, coders...

never ending project, but kind of relaxing

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates