Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I need to get something clarified about the employees. Some of the pages refer to this quest as the Epic Office Quest and others refer to it as the Something Wonderful quest. Which title do we want to be using? As soon as I know for sure I can make corrections.

Been wondering the same thing. My links on the Places page say 'Something Wonderful' But the Quest page has 'Epic Office Quest' . I almost want to say it was called one thing but changed in a patch to the other. I'd have to go and do it again as I can't be 100% sure (been awhile since I've done the actual quest)

I believe wolfie has done it recently and hopefully still has in logbook, or someone else could confirm

Sorry for interrupting your conversation. I just got one idea about what else could be added to wiki.

Browsing the wiki I got surprised with the fact that all Christmas sets are listed properly, yet the Easter Cult quest doesn't mention the fact that your character can get himself/herself nice ears like this.

f13c3c57ce65.jpg

How about taking pictures of all characters in easter attire? That would make a nice addition to the quest description.

By the way, is idea about translating wiki still alive?

Hmm.. That is a rather odd oversight on whoever wrote up the quest. Then again, the bunny ears don't show up anywhere on the wiki either - probably because they're not a Unique or Legendary item. They're just ordinary armor.

I'm sure no one has done a full on photo shoot for the ears mainly because it's only a set of Playboy Bunny ears - not a full set of armor as with the Christmas Island quest. But I think we need to fix that oversight... I've added mention of the ears to the quest reward on the wiki page for the 2nd part of the quest. If you'd like you can create a page and put up the info for it. Be sure to get a screenshot of the item in your inventory AND with it's statistics.

Hmm.. That is a rather odd oversight on whoever wrote up the quest. Then again, the bunny ears don't show up anywhere on the wiki either - probably because they're not a Unique or Legendary item. They're just ordinary armor.

I'm sure no one has done a full on photo shoot for the ears mainly because it's only a set of Playboy Bunny ears - not a full set of armor as with the Christmas Island quest. But I think we need to fix that oversight... I've added mention of the ears to the quest reward on the wiki page for the 2nd part of the quest. If you'd like you can create a page and put up the info for it. Be sure to get a screenshot of the item in your inventory AND with it's statistics.

Well, I considered this fact a developers' joke, something like sunglasses you can receive in Sacred Underworld for completing a holiday quest. I just thought that if they bothered themselves implementing a newly looking item specially for this quest, we should bother ourselves mentioning it. As for the info, I've got two questions.

1. As the ears are not unique(golden) but rare(yellow) item we can't be completely sure that bonus is always the same. But I think that helmet may be something like the bracers you get for 'The Spirit of Atherton'. It's just not concidered unique. Though I never understood why those bracers do.

2. The main trouble here is that I'm russian. Since I sincerely doubt everyone can read our *sigh* great and mighty language, I'm not sure how I can add a screenshot. If placing a screenshot and writing down a description next to it would count, then I'd definitely do it.

Edited by Silver_fox

I'm not sure how the language would affect the upload but you could always upload to photobucket or something and then I could then upload to the wiki and post on the page. Then you could add whatever description/text you want. Or I could give you a quick tutorial on how to upload pics to the wiki.

I need to get something clarified about the employees. Some of the pages refer to this quest as the Epic Office Quest and others refer to it as the Something Wonderful quest. Which title do we want to be using? As soon as I know for sure I can make corrections.

Been wondering the same thing. My links on the Places page say 'Something Wonderful' But the Quest page has 'Epic Office Quest' . I almost want to say it was called one thing but changed in a patch to the other. I'd have to go and do it again as I can't be 100% sure (been awhile since I've done the actual quest)

I believe wolfie has done it recently and hopefully still has in logbook, or someone else could confirm

The log book calls it the Epic Office Quest. You get a message about something wonderful when you first activate it. I will change the template and make sure as I'm proof reading that they all refer to the Epic Office Quest.

I'm not sure how the language would affect the upload but you could always upload to photobucket or something and then I could then upload to the wiki and post on the page. Then you could add whatever description/text you want. Or I could give you a quick tutorial on how to upload pics to the wiki.

I'm pretty sure the language won't affect the upload. It would affect she screenshot itself. I wonder if it would be appropriate to upload something like this to wiki.

f7385b020be7.jpg

That picture is just a sample. If you concider it OK, I'd make one with cleaner background. I can write down the bonuslist in english, but I'm not able to make an english screenshot.

As for the 'something wonderful', that's what is written on the office door when it's closed. And that is a message you get when it opens. Nothing more. This phrase isn't even mentioned is your quest log. I wonder why some people call the quest this. But that's not an official name anyway. Probably you should mention that message, so that searching wiki for 'something wonderful' would still get a result. But the quest itself is now properly named 'Epic Office'.

Edited by Silver_fox

Unfortunately we really need the stats image in English....I was thinking more of the pics of the characters wearing the ears. It's too bad you don't have the English version (your English is excellent btw)

Unfortunately we really need the stats image in English....I was thinking more of the pics of the characters wearing the ears. It's too bad you don't have the English version (your English is excellent btw)

Well, I'll try to get more ears and picture them. I think I'd just collect them and link you to the chest-file. And I really want to write some stuff for the wiki. A quest descriptions and other things. But I don't even know how those quests are nemed in english version. But at the same time the fact I have the russian version moves me to translate CM and to fix the existing translation (I have to say it is not good).

I'm not sure whether or not russian part of the wiki is needed. In fact many russian fan-sites have their own databases and can provide fans with some information. And to tell you the truth I can't say there is a real community of russian Sacred fans. By now Closed Net servers have almost died out. So I can't say whether or not russian gamers are interested in Sacred Wiki. I'm pretty sure some of them are, but such fans are not numerous.

Edited by Silver_fox

I'm pretty sure the language won't affect the upload. It would affect she screenshot itself. I wonder if it would be appropriate to upload something like this to wiki.

f7385b020be7.jpg

That picture is just a sample. If you concider it OK, I'd make one with cleaner background. I can write down the bonuslist in english, but I'm not able to make an english screenshot.

As for the 'something wonderful', that's what is written on the office door when it's closed. And that is a message you get when it opens. Nothing more. This phrase isn't even mentioned is your quest log. I wonder why some people call the quest this. But that's not an official name anyway. Probably you should mention that message, so that searching wiki for 'something wonderful' would still get a result. But the quest itself is now properly named 'Epic Office'.

I see your point. The picture is OK quality wise - but unless the person in question is able to read Russian, that might not fly very well. At the very least, however, you could possibly do the photo shoot - as Knuckles suggested. Your picture featuring the High Elf wearing hers is a very good start. Only 6 more to go... :D

And as I said before, your English is very good... Better than you give yourself credit for, perhaps.

One thing I do find intriguing... That pair of bunny ears.. It seems to be a MUCH better quality item than the ones I've seen. The ones I've gotten thus far have all been gray or white - really nothing to write home about and yet, yours appears to be yellow! What level are you playing at?

I've been puzzled as well as to why it seems to be called the Something Wonderful quest - as you said, it's only the tool tip found on the locked door you open with the switch. For what it's worth, the employees I entered in the last roundup (mostly in the human region), I changed the template to read Epic Office Quest. If you search for "Something Wonderful" it will redirect you automatically to the Epic Office Quest - so that, at least, is covered.

f7385b020be7.jpg

I see your point. The picture is OK quality wise - but unless the person in question is able to read Russian, that might not fly very well. At the very least, however, you could possibly do the photo shoot - as Knuckles suggested. Your picture featuring the High Elf wearing hers is a very good start. Only 6 more to go... :D

And as I said before, your English is very good... Better than you give yourself credit for, perhaps.

One thing I do find intriguing... That pair of bunny ears.. It seems to be a MUCH better quality item than the ones I've seen. The ones I've gotten thus far have all been gray or white - really nothing to write home about and yet, yours appears to be yellow! What level are you playing at?

I've been puzzled as well as to why it seems to be called the Something Wonderful quest - as you said, it's only the tool tip found on the locked door you open with the switch. For what it's worth, the employees I entered in the last roundup (mostly in the human region), I changed the template to read Epic Office Quest. If you search for "Something Wonderful" it will redirect you automatically to the Epic Office Quest - so that, at least, is covered.

Thanks Wolfie. I am going through and proof reading each employee. By the time I am finished they will all have the correct quest listed.

I am keeping track of pics that need to be added. Knuckles, should I pm you with that list when it is complete?

That would fine Ysne...or you could list them in here. Wolfie helped with all the quest pics so he could help out also

There is a picture of Andreas Liebeskind, but the link is to the old page so it should be fixed.

Thank you very much! I'm happy to hear that my english is fine. That was a really long time since I wrote something in english, so I was really worried.

About this ears... Well it was nothing special. I got them when I was playing 2.43 on silver, hardcore. As you probably can see the item level is only 60, the same that my character was back then. That was more than a year ago. I just found that item unusual and decided to keep it. Today I looked through all the items I have trying to find out whether or not I have something worth mentioning in wiki. So I discovered those ears and decided to ask about them.

Another post reminded me of something...

We've gotten the Sacred 2 map of Ancaria off of Maplib.net - and yet, the S1/SU map is still hosted there. Are there any plans on moving that over as well?

All the employee pics should be there including Morris Rohle. When you put the template in you need to insert existing pic where it says "employee name.jpg"

There wasn't a picture on his page. I'm not sure exactly what I should type at that spot.

The link for Stefan Ruthenberg's picture also needs to be fixed.

That's me again. While browsing unique item section, I noticed the fact that character specific quest uniques (like Atherton's bracers) are not shown in character unique items list (exept for the seraphim and SW) nor in quest unique items list nor even in all uniques list. In fact it took me a while to realise they really are in wiki. Well, I totally remember seing a HE's reward for this quest. But now I can't even find it.

The same goes about Kuan's Pride. Since only the original version is shown in unique one-handed swords list, I first thought that Ice&Blood version is still missing.

I'm not sure whether or not it'd be useful, but I pictured both versions of this sword together.

373492ec90b2.jpg a963a72a4106.jpg

Edited by Silver_fox

I believe the map was moved from map lib over to the wiki server, and some of the functionality wasn't carried over. I know Schot is aware of it and working on it so hopefully it'll be up and running soon. I would keep that code on the pages and just ignore the error message you get when you click on it for now.

There is an embedded map link in the employee pages that I get an error message on. It goes to maplib.net. Can someone explain or fix this so there is a working link?

Maplib.net is the folks behind the technology for Google Maps. It's also quite usable for other things - like game maps. The Sacred 2 map WAS posted on maplib.net for quite a while but a few months back, it was moved to darkmatters.org.

Now there's something to understand about the move. Not all of the functionality is available quite yet. Namely the bit about finding and assigning coordinates on the map so we can zero in directly on a spot on the map to find so and so's location. The feature IS available in the software, it's just that Schot is still working on implementing the user interface in such a way so it works properly with the Wiki. He WAS supposed to have rolled it out - but the project was put on the back burner because of the upgrade to DarkMatters.org. So as soon as that project is stable enough, I'm sure he'll be rolling out something to update the map coordinate system so we can zero in on the employees. The links are pretty much useless until we can do that - so for the moment, nothing's being done about that. So nothing to worry about at the moment.

There is no pic for Morris Rohle. I did add the template and fill it in.

I think I know what may have happened. Morris's last name has a non-standard (for English) character in it. The linked page already on the Wiki for Morris works fine - there's even a pic of him as a Minotaur...

Note the O with the 2 dots on top...

All the employee pics should be there including Morris Rohle. When you put the template in you need to insert existing pic where it says "employee name.jpg"

There wasn't a picture on his page. I'm not sure exactly what I should type at that spot.

The link for Stefan Ruthenberg's picture also needs to be fixed.

I fixed Stefan Ruthenberg's pic :)

On Rohle's page his last name has a special character over the 'o'. So if you didn't include that you would have made a new page instead of going to the existing one. I've done it a few times myself so now I just go to the Epic Office quest page and then click on the employee links on the bottom to make sure I'm on correct page.

I won't worry about that embedded map link then. I was away for awhile, so I missed the upgrade. I will doing that with the epic office quest page if I find anymore missing pics.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates