Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Simon Trumpler and Daniel Muller each has an umlaut over the u in his name. I did try copy/pasting the name from the epic office quest page into that part of the link for the pictures but the pictures still do not show up on the individual employee page. They are the two employees in Skook's Corner.

Everything else should be correct for those two employees.

All you need to do is left-click on their name in the list on the bottom of the Epic Office quest page. Every employee has a page as wolfie and I went and grabbed pics for all of them

We have a problem. The link from the map appears to link to a different page for some employees than the link from the quest page.

Catherina Zeiss is an example. The link from the map is http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Catharina_Zeib. The link from the quest page is http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Catharina_Zei%C3%9F.

I have been working on the links from the map. This would explain why I'm not finding pictures or templates where there should be. This needs to be fixed before I do any more editing of employee pages.

I won't edit from the map anymore, I will work from the quest page.

Edited by Ysne58

I think anything with an alternative spelling will have a duplicate page. Some with access to that mapping feature will need to go through and make sure that the links from the map go to the right page.

Then we can all be on the same page. (pun also intended)

well that explains why we weren't on the same page (pun intended) :)

Are all the map links broken or are just some of them?

{Inserting rimshot} :D

At this point... They should all be toast. At best, the links should point to the general map of Ancaria - without any granular control to where on the map we should be looking. At worst, they're still pointing to the old Maplib site which no longer works.

Ironically, the Sacred 1/Underworld map is still hosted on Maplib.net and still functions normally. Not that there's all that much going on there.. There are only 6 POI marked on that map.

Simon Trumpler and Daniel Muller each has an umlaut over the u in his name. I did try copy/pasting the name from the epic office quest page into that part of the link for the pictures but the pictures still do not show up on the individual employee page. They are the two employees in Skook's Corner.

I suppose I should confess... On a couple of those employees with not so standard names (I.e. characters with umlauts and such) I saved the file names using standard alphabetical characters. When the pics were hosted on Photobucket, it didn't matter quite so much. There wasn't as much attention to spelling detail as is with the Wiki...

At this point... They should all be toast. At best, the links should point to the general map of Ancaria - without any granular control to where on the map we should be looking. At worst, they're still pointing to the old Maplib site which no longer works.

Ironically, the Sacred 1/Underworld map is still hosted on Maplib.net and still functions normally. Not that there's all that much going on there.. There are only 6 POI marked on that map.

If you click on the exclamation point on the wiki map you get a pop-up that has a link to a page for the employee. Any employee with a specialized character in his/her name has a separate page linked to that pop-up than he/she does from the quest page. The duplicates from the pop-ups need to be redirected to the same page as the quest page points to.

I suppose I should confess... On a couple of those employees with not so standard names (I.e. characters with umlauts and such) I saved the file names using standard alphabetical characters. When the pics were hosted on Photobucket, it didn't matter quite so much. There wasn't as much attention to spelling detail as is with the Wiki...

The problem is not with the pictures. It is with the links in the pop-ups you get on the wiki when you click on the exclamation points. I would probably have used the standardized characters as well Wolfie.

We have a problem. The link from the map appears to link to a different page for some employees than the link from the quest page.

Catherina Zeiss is an example. The link from the map is http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Catharina_Zeib. The link from the quest page is http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Catharina_Zei%C3%9F.

I have been working on the links from the map. This would explain why I'm not finding pictures or templates where there should be. This needs to be fixed before I do any more editing of employee pages.

I won't edit from the map anymore, I will work from the quest page.

Yah.. There are some spellink inconsistencies on the map. I've seen Catharina's last name spelled at least 3 different ways - in various locations. Zeib is wrong. It could be Zeiß - which would be the appropriate German spelling and it can also be Zeiss - an Anglicized variation. The ß character is a "sharp S" or "SS" sound in German. The similarity between B and ß is where the error crept in.

There's another employee - Matthias Suß - who has the same problem. It would be more appropriate to spell his name Suss as opposed to Sub...

Edited by wolfie2kX

If you click on the exclamation point on the wiki map you get a pop-up that has a link to a page for the employee. Any employee with a specialized character in his/her name has a separate page linked to that pop-up than he/she does from the quest page. The duplicates from the pop-ups need to be redirected to the same page as the quest page points to.

Ok.. Point taken.. The map, at the moment needs some TLC - and we won't be able to do much until Schot gets around to finishing up whatever he's got cooking. Don't want to be overloading him with stuff that can be fixed later - thus delaying getting the other map features rolled out. So I say let's not worry too much about that. Let's see what he's got cooking and we can then fix it later when it's ready...

Yup! I finished all the functions needed on the map. All that's left now is to write a Mediawiki extension via php and javascript to get it working within a wiki page. It does already work outside the wiki as an independent html page so we're almost there. It'll be linkable by marker or by coordinates. Once it's set up we can revisit the naming scheme of the employees. They "should" be in their German alphabet whenever possible but either way it's not urgent. There aren't too many names with special German characters and when it does come time to make corrections it will be an easy fix.

Actually... Even now it would an easy fix. If one of you could provide a list of names that need to be changed into their German forms I'm sure it could be done quickly. :)

As for my list I also need to work on a new skin for us, eh heh.

Annett Bolke

Catharina Zeiss

Christian Buss

Daniel Mueller

Simon Trumpler

Thomas Dahling

Matthias Suess

Michael Bussler

Marc Oberhauser

Mark Kulker

Simon Volker

Morris Rohle

Ralph Rudiger

I believe that is the complete list of names that spell differently in German alphabet and English alphabet. I gave them the English spellings. I hope this helps.

Perfect Ysne. Me or gogo will see about fixing those page names up this week. Feel free to continue as you were. Whatever is done will be carried over when we rename/move those pages in your list. I'll be sure to check my map links too. :)

Delete the pages with the americanized spellings in the titles. I have been updating the ones with the German spellings and there are differences where there are two separate pages. I am through Tyr-Lysia and Artamark and almost halfway through Nor-Plat.

I checked your list Ysne and deleted the American versions. Feel free to add another list to be deleted if there are more.

Thanks Schot!

I got those names from the list on the Epic Office Quest page so I think I found them all.

Once I'm done with adding in my info, that part of the wiki will be looking pretty darn good.

Later: The Orc region is now complete. I have noticed that the links to Artamark and Nor-Plat are red. There are also some other red links on the employee pages.

Edited by Ysne58

My pleasure Ysne and yes indeed. That whole Epic Office Quest and all the pages associated have really come a long way. Bursting with knowledge. :)

I just checked the Places Section and I got a bit of both (never noticed until you mentioned it ). Some have 'of' and some have 'Of'. Most of the entries were already there before I started and for me to go back and re-do all that would take awhile .Plus I would be breaking links on several other pages and having to make entirely new 'Places' entries. Any chance you could simply capitalize the 'O' for me for that one Ascaron Employee page? Pretty please :)

Edit: Fixed all the Artamark and Nor Plat links for you

It would be two employees who use that location in the description, not one. There may be other locations where it is also referenced. The word of should never be capitalized unless it is at the beginning of a sentence.

Thanks for fixing the Nor-Plat and Artamark links.

My next project will be proof reading all the places pages.

Edited by Ysne58

Few days ago I promised Knuckles to work with the Quest section of the wiki. My current plan is to start a new campaign and to walk through it opening all the map and completing all the quests (like I always do since for me it is exactly what both Sacred games are all about). As my way will progress, I would check all those quests in the wiki, proof-reading the existing pages, expanding them with additional information like quest logs, notes and such if necessary and of course adding the missing quests. I know, in the beginning I probably won't be extremely helpful, since Tyr Lysia quests are pretty much covered (yet I've already noticed some things to add). But I'm pretty sure that with all giant amount of quests in Sacred 2, if I just enter the free-roaming network mod and rush to the less described regions without saving my chara's progress, I'd get lost pretty quickly, since it would be easy to forget which quests are described and which are not. So I'm going to walk through them all using my chara's quest log as a to-do list. Please tell me, whether or not you consider my plan OK. And if you do, I'd probably start it tomorrow.

Edited by Silver_fox

It's really whatever works for you. There is a listing of all the quests on one (actually 2) pages in the wiki but it may not be the easiest way to keep track of them. Also by doing all the quests you may find one or two that were missed or need updating since Ice and Blood. I did list all the quests that I found while going thru each region though it is by no means to be considered complete or entirely accurate but perhaps you could use it to help out. This list doesn't reflect whether it is complete on even in the wiki - just a list I compiled from an in-game character I used when doing the quest bestiary. If you need any help getting started with the wiki and inputting info, just let me know. I'll answer any and all questions you have :D

Quest Listing

I've already noticed that even some Tyr Lysia quests are still missing in the wiki when I tried to report some stuff to CM developers. For example the infamous 'Bandits' quest (which was heavily bugged in Ice and Blood) still isn't in the list.

Some descriptions are quite poor and to expand them I'd need the screenshots anyway. After all, the wiki is supposed to be the ultimate source of all the Sacred information (oh, my... I totally like the sound of it - 'The Sacred Information'!), isn't it.

One more thing here are all the new quests and additional ways of solving that appeared in CM. I think they deserve mentioning in the wiki. Maybe we should do a specific section for them (to prevent them from messing up with the regular quests).

And after all, even with all the patches Sacred 2 is bugged anyway. I think, solving all the quests again may give food not only for the wiki, but to CM BugTracker as well. And sometimes I think some bugs should be mentioned in quest notes, to prevent poor players from going all 'OMG Holy Hannah!!!'

But actually I'm just a cheater, who wants to combine expanding the wiki with a pleasure of playing the game again. Well, I always wanted to give this dragon guy a try...

Thank you for the list. I think I'd compare it with my own one later.