Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

When I get into Noriath's Corner with my Seraphim, I plan to set up Ortlewyn in the same way I did the good abbess. Now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing and where to look for possible links that have already been set up, but aren't properly linked to, I think this will go a bit smoother for me. I want to check out the light path version and make sure it's accurate while I'm adding the info to Ortlewyn's page.

Yes, making new pages is sometimes daunting and strangely risky. I'm always cautious when I make a new link and it doesn't instantly go blue...and if I was expecting it to go blue. The moment I create a link to what I thought would be an easy blue link and I see it instead go red... I usually then instead begin to do searches for alternate spellings in the wiki to see if someone has created another page before me that is close in spelling or perhaps even with a word added just so that I can see if I can connect the word to another body of knowledge already in existence.

If I don't find another page, I then will go ahead with the red link and fill it in with content, at that point feeling pretty sure that I'm not creating pages that someone else may have created earlier.

Yer getting the hang of the "what links here" trick. It's invaluable. That and the HIstory tab lets us ferret out pretty much anything that has happened in the Wiki and let us retrace steps.

:)

gogo

Maybe a page of all the portals? By itself I don't really feel it has enough significance to have a 'Place' page of it's own. Typically all the Places pages where spots where you'd see an in-game name displayed on your screen as you entered. There are a few exceptions but usually that meant that it was visually significant or had a major quest involved

Perhaps not as an inclusion of Place in Ancaria. for that I agree.. (well until Schot gets back :P) .. but knuckles do you think the page itself can benefitfrom using the Places Template? It would mean more yummy stuff to read up if a reader does get to it. And heck yeah...there should definitely be a Portals page with all the portals on it

:bounce:

gogo

I like the idea of a Portals page. having all the portals, boat (or hot-air) portals and rebirth monoliths all in one spot. Maybe the one-way portals too. As far as the layout....hmmm...maybe a slight alteration of the Places template would work. Just use the top section (above where the quest listings start) for each portal on the page. Probably grouped by regions, then type of portal

Hey guys

I moved a bunch of posts from the name change page to here as all the extra stuff was taking the page off topic. Regarding what to do with the portals page, I want to discuss this with Schot, maybe we can make a portals page which has links to all the portals in the game? This way each portal area would need it's own places page, with them all linking to the main portals page all neatly listed.

I think that could be very helpful for players.

:)

gogo

I think having all the transporters listed on one page is an excellent idea. I wasn't sure what to do with that portal but it did need a page since it was cross referenced in so many other pages and when you get there the game calls it by that name.

Excellent Ysne and thank you very much. :) gogo did the honours of vaporizing the page.

Great idea about the portals too. Those are very important places for sure. I never thought that far ahead when I created the places page or even while myself, Zeno and Knuckles were working on it but this would certainly take the Places page to a new and valuable level of knowledge. :)

I think I got it worked out on how to display them if you want me to give it a go on the first one. then if Ysne would like to take over, that's fine - I got bunches still left to do on other sections. Just one question, where do you want to put the Portals page? A sub-section of the Places page or somewhere else?.

All the portal have names when you scroll over them on the Main Map, but rebirth monoliths don't. Plus there are areas with multiple monoliths like in the Carnach Cave. Will have to come up with a standard way of naming them

I think I got it worked out on how to display them if you want me to give it a go on the first one. then if Ysne would like to take over, that's fine - I got bunches still left to do on other sections. Just one question, where do you want to put the Portals page? A sub-section of the Places page or somewhere else?.

All the portal have names when you scroll over them on the Main Map, but rebirth monoliths don't. Plus there are areas with multiple monoliths like in the Carnach Cave. Will have to come up with a standard way of naming them

Monolith naming could get a bit tricky.

Small portal naming might also be a bit tricky. I know there are two that go to Celestial Dome for example and are one way only.

And that Dryad city where there are bunches of em and it's almost a maze....

I was thinking maybe we start with the portals only and see how that looks. We know what they are called so only thing we need to figure out is formatting and which directory it goes under. Once Schot or gogo give the green light I'll set up the first page and we can tweak it from there til everyone likes it.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred2:Noriath's_Temple

There are two quests that refer to this area as Noriath's Corner. I'm not sure if you want to do anything about this or not.

Sorry, I know that I'm late, yet I still wanted to say one thing. According to what NPCs say, Noriath's Corner is the area in North-Western Tyr Lysia, while Noriath's Temple is just a part of it. Some of the quests, like the one about white griffin have nothing to do with the Temple yet still take place in Noriath's Corner. Maybe we should mention it somehow.

By the way, how came that in Seraphim's Whoops quest Noriath's Temple link is red? And why isn't it mentioned in its description?

EDIT

Don't bother yourself though. Looks like I have some time, so I'd fix it.

/EDIT

Edited by Silver_fox

I was thinking maybe we start with the portals only and see how that looks. We know what they are called so only thing we need to figure out is formatting and which directory it goes under. Once Schot or gogo give the green light I'll set up the first page and we can tweak it from there til everyone likes it.

Thanks for the note here Knuckles. We're going to look at this heavily today, and then post about where we think places, portals etc are going. There's been a lot more interest than we ever expected in the Geography of the land, and this makes us look at re-envisioning the scope of Zeno's original intent of what the page originally meant and where it can possibly go.

With Schot's map technology...there can be huge vision here. Imagine, if a single pebble on the map can have a marker reaching out to it's own page on the Wiki.

l...err o... ol?

:D

gogo

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred2:Noriath's_Temple

There are two quests that refer to this area as Noriath's Corner. I'm not sure if you want to do anything about this or not.

Sorry, I know that I'm late, yet I still wanted to say one thing. According to what NPCs say, Noriath's Corner is the area in North-Western Tyr Lysia, while Noriath's Temple is just a part of it. Some of the quests, like the one about white griffin have nothing to do with the Temple yet still take place in Noriath's Corner. Maybe we should mention it somehow.

By the way, how came that in Seraphim's Whoops quest Noriath's Temple link is red? And why isn't it mentioned in its description?

EDIT

Don't bother yourself though. Looks like I have some time, so I'd fix it.

/EDIT

There is a problem with the Noriath's Temple link. I have it listed as a macro now.

[[sacred2:Noriath's Temple|Noriath's Temple]]

Knuckles tried to figure out why just typing it in doesn't seem to lead to a blue link ever. However, when I copy and paste that I always get a blue link.

Edited by Ysne58

That idea about the portal list is a nice one. I'm a bit surprised there isn't such a list in the wiki yet. And maybe it would make a scence to add a comment about the nearest portal to all the quests (or quest-givers) too.

I think I'd continue with Noriath's Temple today. I'm planning to do its NPCs and take a look at the quests if I'd have enough time.

Looks like we are both looking at all the quests. I did the shadow quests for Noriath's Temple a few days ago, but still need to check the NPC's. It is a good idea to have someone else double check my work on that.

I haven't gotten there with my Seraph yet to check the light quests. I'm double checking my work on the Golden Coast right now.

There is a problem with the Noriath's Temple link. I have it listed as a macro now.

[[sacred2:Noriath's Temple|Noriath's Temple]]

Knuckles tried to figure out why just typing it in doesn't seem to lead to a blue link ever. However, when I copy and paste that I always get a blue link.

I just typed it in as test as exact copy paste up above and it gave me a blue link. Knuckles it doesn't give blue link for you?

:unsure:

gogo

I wasn't when I tried but per Silver's post it looks like a little space snuck in there that I didn't see.

Sorry, but after working with Noriath NPC for some time I understood it were actually two spaces. You named the page about the temple 'Sacred2:Noriath's Temple' while all the wiki pages have the names starting with 'Sacred 2'.

Actually I didn't name most of the pages in the wiki including Noriath's Temple. Almost all the links were already there when I picked up the project from where it was left off.

Sorry I didn't want to insult you in any way. Actually by 'you' I meant 'wiki contributors' without naming any person. Since russian grammar allows such a things, sometimes I try it in english too. It's like a bad habit to me.

sorry myself there....a lot of the work was done before me so I'm sure there are some errors that I didn't catch and I'm sure I added a few. I've added so much content that I know all of it isn't perfect.