Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Here goes my first attempt on a page from the 'Places' section, the Dragon Mage Island. If you can critique me, do it please. I'd better learn now. And... I wanted the main image to show that it is an island, something about dragons and DM himself (after all this place is named after him).

One more thing to note. Some time ago, when I had to create an NPC page for the unnamed capitan from this island. I named it Captain - The Dragon Mage. The name for this place was uncertain those days, so I named this NPC after the quest he takes part in. Is it OK?

Here goes my first attempt on a page from the 'Places' section, the Dragon Mage Island. If you can critique me, do it please. I'd better learn now. And... I wanted the main image to show that it is an island, something about dragons and DM himself (after all this place is named after him).

One more thing to note. Some time ago, when I had to create an NPC page for the unnamed capitan from this island. I named it Captain - The Dragon Mage. The name for this place was uncertain those days, so I named this NPC after the quest he takes part in. Is it OK?

I think they both look great.

I hope you don't mind that I corrected the one and only typo I found.

Edited by Ysne58

Thank you very much. And thanks for proof-reading, Ysne. I seem to make a lot of typos today.

By the way, I just noticed a new page for the Multiplayer Island. It looks good. And it makes you think that it is always possible to find something interesting even in the smallest place.

By the way, I just noticed a new page for the Multiplayer Island. It looks good. And it makes you think that it is always possible to find something interesting even in the smallest place.

If, at the top of the page you press History, you 'll get the contribution history... this lovely page, done by our own Knuckles...and yeah, it is a beaut!

If only we can find enough writers to fill out all the place name pages with some good detail to be final capstone.

:)

gogo

Knuckles, you're a beast...I just checked Recent Changes button on Wiki...

wow!

Not only the volume of work, the the detailing with the pics on pages is exquisite... this has been a great weekend with you and the rest of the team!

gogo

TBH those are all minor changes. A couple page name corrections and a few enemy link corrections. I had done all the Crystal Plane areas before updating the Bestiary so some of the links needed updating

Sorry was quite busy last weeks and my daughters changed to playing Patrician4 (another left over from Ascaron). So ido a bit hard to catch up with the forum again. I set priorities at darkmatters to food recipes first and playing secondary ;)

I found all five missing inscriptions! I have no idea what the references to the Potsdam Marketing Department or Wickey's Primitive Screwheads would be. I suspect there is something of note for each of those. (there were six missing inscriptions. I miscounted the number of inscriptions on the page)

Grave inscription at Shadowy_Catacombs:

Welcome to the Potsdam Marketing Department. There are many machines here, although the coffee machine appears to be the only one in use.

What it could be:

Ascaron founded a daughter company in Potsdam (german town) in 2006 I think, planed to centralize marketing. Early press releases about sacred2 were done there.

Potsdam, Germany - August 2, 2007 - Ascaron, a leading German computer game developer, is proud to reveal details.... full text here:

Potsdam marketing department

But it seems that the developers were the opinion that the marketing department did a bad job, saying that only machine working in the department is the coffee machine: no computers, fax, telephon, copy machines, ...

Nearly reads as if developers put a gravestone for their own company in this way.

Edited by chattius

Looks like my plans for the nearest future are the same: NPC hunting and... more NPC hunting. These numerous guys are about to keep me busy for a lot of time. And I really want to wait for a new quest template to be ready before starting to go through the quest pages.

Since I did a new NPC page for Malte the Merchant yesterday and Schot took Desperately Seeking Golem as a test page for a new quest template, I now feel the urge to do a page for Lahrian... and other guys from the Golden Coast as well.

Looks like my plans for the nearest future are the same: NPC hunting and... more NPC hunting. These numerous guys are about to keep me busy for a lot of time. And I really want to wait for a new quest template to be ready before starting to go through the quest pages.

Since I did a new NPC page for Malte the Merchant yesterday and Schot took Desperately Seeking Golem as a test page for a new quest template, I now feel the urge to do a page for Lahrian... and other guys from the Golden Coast as well.

I'm just going through and checking the info on the quest pages. I haven't reached an area yet where the quests haven't actually been started. Except for the HE Shadow chain quest. I did start a page for http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Inquisitor_Tahlreth, there are no pictures on that page.

I haven't started any others because no one has responded to my questions about that in the missing npcs thread. I am willing to do so if people want me to.

I'm not going to add any quests until a new template is in place. I will keep track and have the info ready if I find any more. The only one I found so far was the HE shadow path and I did use the current template for that before we started discussing templates. I still have to proof and edit the detailed walkthrough, but the info is good enough that a user can follow it. I haven't gotten to the second quest in that chain yet. My HE is experimenting to see if the kitty from the stray cat changes at all as a companion like the bear in Playing with Bears does.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:The_Stray_Cat

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Playing_with_Bears

Just to give everyone a head's up, I won't be very active on the wiki for the next few weeks at least. I need to write huge program for an upcoming project and got a fairly tight deadline, which means I'm working nights and weekends on this thing. I'll respond to any pm's but I might not be looking at this section on a daily basis

Just to give everyone a head's up, I won't be very active on the wiki for the next few weeks at least. I need to write huge program for an upcoming project and got a fairly tight deadline, which means I'm working nights and weekends on this thing. I'll respond to any pm's but I might not be looking at this section on a daily basis

I hope the project turns out well Knuckles.

I wish somebody could tell me that 'happy programming' thing, since it looks like there would be hardly any work for me this January. But that meant I would be able to be more active here.

@Knuckles: I hope this project won't be the hardest to work with. Working days and nights is really hard and tiring, yet I hope you'd be able to return to the things you are interested in when this project would be finished.

Edited by Silver_fox

The worst thing is that I'm not really a programmer...I just know enough to be dangerous :) But since I work at a very small company I tend to have multiple tasks handed to me.

Doing this project will be the equivalent to "proof reading War and Peace while learning English at the same time" :Just_Cuz_21:

I just know enough to be dangerous

lol, you went out to fight a blizzard, and you came back a programmer!

:o

I"m glad you made it back home Knuckles, and take yer time with the real work project. We'll hold the fort till you get back.

So.. get back soon okay

:whip:

gogo

Just wanted to say that I plan to do 7 more NPCs today (at least I hope so). So Forgotten Gardens and Seraphim Valley are now the area of construction. Don't worry, the NPCs' layout would be exactly like the template meant it to be.

Just wanted to say that I plan to do 7 more NPCs today (at least I hope so). So Forgotten Gardens and Seraphim Valley are now the area of construction. Don't worry, the NPCs' layout would be exactly like the template meant it to be.

yeeeeeeeeeee... haw!

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. silver these npc pages are just RULING. I was talking to Brad last night and we were scouring web for new ideas for the NPC page for wiki which so far only has a few lines in it.

gonna be good :thumbsup:

Done with 3 out of 8 NPCs I planned for today (yes, they seem to be multiplying!) I wonder if I'd be able to do more since my Internet connection became horrible and tends to get lost every 10 minutes. Not to mention that I have to sleep sometimes... I'd try to do one more guy though.

P.S. If you are interested in who those three are, you may check the Captain Bloodtongue chain quest. I also upgraded Bloodtongue himself to a complete enemy-NPC mix. After all, he talks to you, so our definition suggests that he is an NPC too. I noticed that he was added to the NPC category before, yet he wasn't listed as the NPC in his respectible place.

Done with 3 out of 8 NPCs I planned for today (yes, they seem to be multiplying!) I wonder if I'd be able to do more since my Internet connection became horrible and tends to get lost every 10 minutes. Not to mention that I have to sleep sometimes... I'd try to do one more guy though.

P.S. If you are interested in who those three are, you may check the Captain Bloodtongue chain quest. I also upgraded Bloodtongue himself to a complete enemy-NPC mix. After all, he talks to you, so our definition suggests that he is an NPC too. I noticed that he was added to the NPC category before, yet he wasn't listed as the NPC in his respectible place, so I initially considered him just an enemy.

Sorry for double-posting. My bugged connection is unpredictable.

Edited by Silver_fox

Now the pages for all the light NPCs in the Seraphim Valley and Forgotten gardens are finally done. The next ones would be the shadow ones from the same locations. It looks like there would be only two of them, so I hope to do them today.

Bravo

This is substantial work Silver, and I was looking at all the new pages from yesterday too.

Great work

I'll be home soon, and I'll have my turn with those evil swamp renaming pages...only a couple hundred o_O

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates