Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

• 1 month later...

I've just translated the page about the Vampiress to German and I saw that the CA wiki entries for her are pretty clumsy. Is there a way to get a list of all the wiki pages that link to a certain page and then simply to rename the pages?

For instance change "Bats:Confusion(Vampire form only)" to "Bats: Confusion".

EDIT: I'm asking because I know that the SharePoint wiki has such a feature, where you can simply rename the file and all links are automatically changed.

Edited by Liloe

I've just translated the page about the Vampiress to German and I saw that the CA wiki entries for her are pretty clumsy. Is there a way to get a list of all the wiki pages that link to a certain page and then simply to rename the pages?

For instance change "Bats:Confusion(Vampire form only)" to "Bats: Confusion".

EDIT: I'm asking because I know that the SharePoint wiki has such a feature, where you can simply rename the file and all links are automatically changed.

Liloe, thank you for the translation!

There is a way to get a list of what's linking to a page, along the left column you can see a link called What Links Here

I think this wiki is probably different from the one you mention, share point...that functionality sounds awesome... usually a name change for us is some work...we have to pull out all the pages linking to a page we want to change then me or the other admin Schot can make the real name change, moving the history of the contributors and their work to the newly named page.

There was a procedure for us we were using for this, where peeps would create the new page I think then copy the source info from the old page into the newly named page and then me or schot (other admin would delete the old one) I'd have to go over this process the post it for you if you're interested in this.

:)

gogo

There was a procedure for us we were using for this, where peeps would create the new page I think then copy the source info from the old page into the newly named page and then me or schot (other admin would delete the old one) I'd have to go over this process the post it for you if you're interested in this.

gogo

Well of course I don't want to cause too much havoc, but I just think that the names are very clumsy and if you use the links inside a wiki article, one line suddenly becomes like 2-3 lines and it's very hard to keep the overview =)

The good part is, that the pages in question don't have a lot of information, yet, and I don't think losing the old contributions would be too bad ;)

Well I was hoping the description was only in the 2nd part of the link syntax but it's in both parts. So no easy fix :(

[[sacred:Bats: Blood Swarm(Vampire form only)|Bats: Blood Swarm(Vampire form only)]]

[[sacred:Bats: Blood Swarm|Bats: Blood Swarm(Vampire form only)]] (if it looked like this all we would have to do is delete the text (Vampire form only) , but since it's in both sides we have to create new page)

What you would need to do is for the CA page itself, is create a new page with correct title. Then pm both the old CA page link and new CA page link you created to gogo and/or Schot and they will transfer the information over. If you simply copy/paste we would lose the history of all the contributors (the history of each page is very important to us - we really want to make sure each person who helped on the page is shown in the history tab). You would also need to see what other pages link to the old page by using 'What Links Here' on the left side of page under 'Toolbox' and manually edit each link to point to the new page.

If you would like me to do the first one or walk you through it, let me know. Plus don't worry about possibly messing anything up. We can always roll back any changes you make if needed.

If you would like me to do the first one or walk you through it, let me know. Plus don't worry about possibly messing anything up. We can always roll back any changes you make if needed.

I'll do that asap and let you know ;) Thanks a lot =)

I'm also working on a lot of German Vampire pages at the moment, so if there's some English in German pages, that's normal, because I don't have time to do everything at the same time and with all the cross-references that also need a German translation, it's a damn lot of work ^^ (thanks OneNote to keep track of what needs to be done and re-edited)

I'm also working on a lot of German Vampire pages at the moment, so if there's some English in German pages, that's normal, because I don't have time to do everything at the same time and with all the cross-references that also need a German translation, it's a damn lot of work ^^ (thanks OneNote to keep track of what needs to be done and re-edited)

Your work is amazing, lol the last page is showing a full page of edits, on fire!

I got your pm with the links, I pmed you just as this post of yours here went up, I will try and do the name changes tonight when I get home from work.

Exciting that finally this wiki is getting real pages done in German, in the native language of the game that's meant so much to us. Russian, french, so many...finally German...is this a sign of new horizons ^^

Thanks for the new pages!

gogo

Knuckles' arrived in this topic in nick of time to help out, his info here is perfect and with him helping you out, Liloe, the set up you sent me was so easy to work with.

With all the ordered links that you pmed me, I was able to cut quickly through all the pages this morning, job done! As I was going through it , I began to remember this process with Knuckles when we were going through (in days past) so many pages for redirects and renames and the nostalgia crept in^^

Folks and fans, there are new wonderful German pages, looks like this game's legacy will live on with it's original language intact in the game's Wiki!

gogo

Thanks gogo for doing the transfer. I've cleaned up the whole Vampire article in English before translating, because there were a few mistakes and inconsistencies.

Hehe and then I found a pretty good way to translate all the pages, which might be interesting for all other translators. I've saved the source code of every article I want to translate in a Word document and imported that into the translation memory Across, which is freely available after registering on their site. This means terms and descriptions should be consistent through all articles. It also makes translating much easier, because repeating components get translated automatically.

There also seems to be a problem with the page Sacred:Combat_Kick/Vampiress I think it is due to the /Vampiress that this page cannot be translated into other languages correctly. The page /de exists, but the original page doesn't link to the German one, only the German links to the English original. The page Sacred:Combat_Kick already exists, so it might be good to transfer the old article to that new one and manually edit the few links that point to the /Vampiress page.

• 4 weeks later...

Lilo, hi, I hope I'm not getting back to this too late. I was looking through the Wiki, saw your pages,

Can you pm me any changes you need, I will update and get them in order.

Happy Monday!

:bounce:

gogo

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Guess it makes sense for us to update this when we're happy to see contributions and to give a cheer out.

YSNE has started the ball rolling with the rearrangments of quest pages, Thanks Knuckles for jumping in with the help, Wolfie, for assorted edits in all part of the wiki Universe, we've added sneak0r onto the team, don't want to give away the surprise he's got for us, all I can say is... FINALLY! :bounce:

And our newest member, Unkham, has finally gotten registered for Wiki, and created his first edit.

This is a great morning, we have a lot of projects going on, Wiki Power...

On!

:superman:

gogo

awesome!

I just checked out Orcish Byway

Side Quests

Will you alphabetize the side quest npc's there too?

gogo

Thanks. Sloeford and Thylysium were the two pages that were really bothering me. It's the same sensation that one gets when someone scratches fingernails accross a chalk board. I do plan to gradually sort all the pages places over the next couple of weeks or so.

One thing I'm wondering: has anyone pulled together the info on the hirelings/companions who will fight alongside the player? I think that would be a useful page if it hasn't already been created.

I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

Edited by Ysne58

I've seen compiled lists floating around on GameFAQs (for the console versions), which led to this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/949630-sacred-2-fallen-angel/faqs/56748

Unfortunately, this only covers the console version. It might take a mini-project to cover anything new from I&B and the CM patch.

Edited by Mystix123
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates