Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I got the first 4 places listed in Tyr Lysia sorted. I'm listing the quest type(s) even if there is only one, because I think it looks better.

I think I'll stop at 4 today, this does take a lot of concentration.

• Like! 1

I know, putting stuff in order like that is so time consuming and gives me heaches

I eventually gave up on it, and just used this for any length of lists

https://www.google.ca/search?q=alphabetizer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr

punch it in, press enter, list done

Merry Xmas!

:l_santa:

gogo

Once they are all set up like that, it will be much easier to add in npcs that aren't there yet. And the new set up is much, much easier to read. I really, really like the latest set up on Sloeford. Thylysium is going to need that treatment too.

I've now finished with that Copper Peaks page. Annete Boelke needs to be fixed though. I'm not sure what is going on there and don't really have time to look at it. It's possible that there is a wrong link.

• Like! 1

Um.. Just a question - How did this island get it's name..? I don't recall seeing anything on the subject myself anywhere in the game.

Btw.. the location doesn't seem to make much sense. It's not located in the middle of Bluestonbury - that's the town on the northwest shore of the body of water known as Bluestone Lake.

Edit: Fixed the typo and location...

I've now finished with that Copper Peaks page. Annete Boelke needs to be fixed though. I'm not sure what is going on there and don't really have time to look at it. It's possible that there is a wrong link.

Yeah.. Had a quick look at that... And yes, the spellink of the link is wrong. The gobbledygook that was there was likely the character "o" with 2 dots on top in another font or another version of the same font being used on that page.

The thing is - it may be correct with the o with 2 dots - in German. My UK version of the game spells her last name Boelke - with normal English alpha characters.

I corrected the spelling on the Copper Peaks page... Not sure what, if any effect that will have if I change the page title on the page for her that actually exists - so I left it alone. Also, note the page is also linked to from the Epic Office Quest page - where the link is spelled with German characters...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

OK.. Followed a few links from the above post. Cleaned up Bluestone Lake, and added the 4 EOQ employees that are found around the lake...

Also cleaned up some of the language - islands are not found NEAR a lake, they're usually found IN the lake.

Thinking the page needs a few more pictures... There are more places listed at the bottom in the notes section than there are pictures. Thinking that while they do have a page of their own, there should still be a few snappies previewing the location.

I'm also glad to note that I'm not the ONLY one who's got a bad sense of direction. Bluestone Lake is on the EASTERN side of Tyr Lysia - not the west. :D Fret not, I've made the same mistake too..

Also cleaned up the language in the notes section - some of the descriptions for places near the lake sounded like a computer wrote them. Made them sound a bit more travelogue like.

Also cleaned up Villa Boerdijk... Got rid of some confusing language and directions. Someone apparently wasn't sure of the owner's name - clarified that by getting rid of the question mark following his name and removing the Bold attribute which wasn't necessary.

Also changed the title of one of the pictures - One caravan does NOT a village make!

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

Nice work with the Wiki, both u!

Wolfie, re pix, Yah, a few more could work on it, but are there really that many more that available in the area? For why that island got named that way, I think Schot came up with a naming scheme that could help us when a place that was found was not actually named in game. It was usually clearest description with geography. I'll ask him to take a look at it as well, name must have come from somewhere, and if it's not in game, Wiki policy is to discuss for ideas and consensus.

:)

gogo

p.s. I love how picky the wiki team is!!

OK.. For what it's worth - that island is being featured in the last couple of chapters in my "short" story that's now grown to over 300 pages.. It's the home of a mad scientist type that built a bomb to blow up the world.

The island has a name in the game.

As far as the in/near for the islands, not everyone editing this wiki speaks English as a first language so mistakes like that happen.

Thanks for fixing all that. I'm only focusing on the npc lists right now so I'm really glad someone is coming in and cleaning up the rest of it after me. It makes things look so much nicer.

Boelke does have the umlout in the German.

OK... Any idea where it is? There's pretty much nothing associated with that island (as far as I've seen)... No quests, no people, nada. Maybe I'm missing something on the dark side? Do you know where that name comes from?

Yes, I'm sure that may be the case.

Cool. And not a problem, we'll get thru this one of these years.. :D

So.. How do we work it? The English version clearly doesn't have the umlout as evidenced by this screenshot.

post-14586-0-15890600-1375562217_thumb.jpg

I blew it up and cropped it to make things clearer... Oddly enough. Simon Trumpler's name does have the umlout on the U in his name - which is why I'm kinda confused on the spellink on Annet's name...

Can we get someone with the German version to take a look? Oh... Sneak0r... :D

Schot had somehow figured it out when I was going through the quest and writing up description for all the NPCs back in the day..

As far as getting to that Island, there should be a small portal to the north of Sonnenwind that takes you there. I'm guessing that there was a planned quest for that, that somehow never got implemented.

Edited by Ysne58

Yeah.. I know how to get there.. Was there this morning with a High Elf. It's just north of the location where the zombie appears and the cave where the Seraphim meets the Black seraphim

It's possible....I really haven't played the Shadow Campaign at all...but I know in the Shadow you go thru the gates while in the Light Campaign you go thru the cave to get to Human Lands.

I've been thinking of 'sprucing up' the Shadow and Light Campaigns though I doubt I'll go thru all characters.....So I guess an appeal goes out to our community....if you know if something particular to a character let us know and we'll add that :)

• Like! 1

Both need attention. I did clean up the shadow entry that covers Dragonmaw as far as I could. I still wasn't completely happy with it, but it looked better.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates