Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

It's possible....I really haven't played the Shadow Campaign at all...but I know in the Shadow you go thru the gates while in the Light Campaign you go thru the cave to get to Human Lands.

I've been thinking of 'sprucing up' the Shadow and Light Campaigns though I doubt I'll go thru all characters.....So I guess an appeal goes out to our community....if you know if something particular to a character let us know and we'll add that :)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! We were desperate for some kind of filled pages when the game was first released. I know a lot of the early Wiki Quest pages are nothing but skelelal bullets with some images. That TLC of yours we've seen you put into the Wiki for a few hundred pages will create big improement.

Ysne, it does look better, and saw the links, those are updates?

:)

gogo

Yep -- I'm going through the places page by region in alphabetical order and getting the npcs sorted. I'll be posting links as I complete each one and only adding comments if I find a problem or need to do more than just sort the names.

Edit: I put the codes for the different letter of the alphabet in my user page for easy access when I'm adding letters. If anyone needs that feel free to use, just hit the edit button and copy the letter code you need and paste it where you need it, don't forget to cancel the edit when you are done.

I also built a file with that code on my computer, but computers can go south.

Edited by Ysne58
  • Like! 1

Ysne58, on 04 Aug 2013 - 10:37, said:

I can't help but think we are missing something. Has anyone been through with all 7 character types to check that?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Dragonmaw_Pass#Quests_.26_NPC.27s

Assuming you're replying to me... Um.. I've been far enough along on all light characters and the Inquisitor to know there's nothing going on there. I found the island by accident - I was trying to maximize my revealed portion of the map and lo and behold there was a teleporter.. I was wondering where it led and checked it out.

As far as the Dragonmaw Pass lingo goes - I can see ONE minor issue. The border guard will tell you to take a hike all right - but only if you're on the LIGHT campaign quest. On the dark side, she will greet you and let you through. That much is said in the NOTES section, but not in the NPC's.. Should be clarified.

I fixed it.

Moving along...

In the Seraphim Garden page, it says there are no enemies there. Er.. What about that spy you've got to hunt down and whack in the only quest in the area - Gardens of the Seraphim? The Seraphim priestess there is concerned because she suspects there is someone spying on their meetings so she asks you to do a little "pest control". So you go looking and track the guy down and put an end to him.

Fixed it

Also did a bit of a tweak on the enemies section of Derelict Manor. Actually, added the enemies that do show up there when you take on the quest that leads you there (Sinister Figures) and talk to the quest giver Lily who is there....

Edited by wolfie2kX

I thought that was what I said but if you said it better that is fine with me.

Edit: I do like your clarification, it is much clearer.

Edited by Ysne58

Works for me - tho I did see a couple of issues -

1.) The page for the In Accordance with Nature does exist - I fixed the link so it points to the existing page. NO need for someone to come along and duplicate effort by creating a new one.

2.) The Farm Owner quest is CM Patch only - and it should be noted as such. Otherwise those not playing may scratch their heads and wonder WTH is going on... Fixed..

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Jail_Island#Quests_.26_NPC.27s

The icon box isn't 3rd person formal, first time I've noticed that. Not sure how to fix that.

Um.. Me either...

But I think I found a problem - several actually.

1.) The Too Many Fish quest is dark side only. There is no note on the Jail Island nor on the actual page for Too Many Fish saying as much.

2.) The Deadliest Catch quest doesn't take you to Jail Island. It takes you to the OTHER small island near it. No idea what that island is called - but there isn't much there - except some ruins with a crate you can open, a barrel at the far end of the island, and of course the missing husband and the murderer's knife.

3.) Pete the Fisher is not involved (AFAIK) with the Deadliest Catch quest...

EDIT: The two quests DO mention their orientation - in the notes section. Thinking somehow this should be more prominently placed.

Also... Pete the Fisher, IIRC, is located on the docks near the 2 small boats - in Thylysium Harbor.

Edit: Fixed... I think..

Edited by wolfie2kX

I'm not sure I have ever done those quests. Once I finally get my two characters into niob, I do plan to start fact checking the quests on the wiki by actually running through them, I have a seraphim and then on the shadow side a shadow warrior.

I did some fixing up of the transportation section on the Orcish Byway page as well.

Edited by Ysne58

High Elf Outpost #4.. LOTS of things missing...

1.) There are quests to be had here AND NPCs too..

a.) There is a quest called Strange Rituals that gets started there. Added!

b.) There is a guy named Bartislartfast who is involved with the Broken Amulet quest for Kerry in Clearview. Bartislartfast is also an Easter Egg - is name is a scrambled variation of Slartibartfast, a character from Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Added, noted, logged and cross referenced!

c.) With the CM Patch installed, the Undead Legion gets a precursor quest called Back to the Front - where you talk to the general who sends you schlepping back all the way down to the tavern to retrieve his soldier. The soldier then tells you to have a chat with the Mage there who gets you rolling on the rest of the chain quest. Added

2.) Scorpions? HUH? The 2nd picture is titled "Outlying Tower and Scorpions" Changed to "Outlying tower across the road"

Last I checked there were rats, wolves and heaps of undead in the region. Scorpions don't make their debut until you get to the desert region.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Also had an error in Mailyn's location - she's EAST of the camp, not west... Fixed... BTW..

I'm ambidextrous, I tend to keep getting left/right and east,west mixed up. Good catch.

High Elf Outpost #4.. LOTS of things missing...

1.) There are quests to be had here AND NPCs too..

a.) There is a quest called Strange Rituals that gets started there. Added!

b.) There is a guy named Bartislartfast who is involved with the Broken Amulet quest for Kerry in Clearview. Bartislartfast is also an Easter Egg - is name is a scrambled variation of Slartibartfast, a character from Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Added, noted, logged and cross referenced!

c.) With the CM Patch installed, the Undead Legion gets a precursor quest called Back to the Front - where you talk to the general who sends you schlepping back all the way down to the tavern to retrieve his soldier. The soldier then tells you to have a chat with the Mage there who gets you rolling on the rest of the chain quest. Added

2.) Scorpions? HUH? The 2nd picture is titled "Outlying Tower and Scorpions" Changed to "Outlying tower across the road"

Last I checked there were rats, wolves and heaps of undead in the region. Scorpions don't make their debut until you get to the desert region.

Also very good catches. Shows how badly we need to fact/spell/grammar check things on some of these pages.

I get directions wrong on occasion too. Tho, I do try to go out of my way to double check things...

Spelling Checkers - Most modern browsers have them built in - IE 11, Chrome and Firefox all have it built in - not so sure about Safari - but seriously - who uses that pile of waste on their PCs?

Grammar checkers - Eh.. Don't know of anything like it that works properly. Not even Word gets that kind of thing right most of the time. There are many lines in my story that are perfectly acceptable bits of English that it considers to be hopelessly wrong.

Fact checkers... That would be kewl... Tho I think we're gonna have to do that manually.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates