Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I removed the random uniques to avoid the confusion, the database is clean now.

I'm not so sure about Executoner's Axe:

execaxestats.jpg

I removed it for the time being, as it seems to be random. We can undelete it if people find it in the new patch.

Nice work Trust...clean sweep!

ahh, that axe... I may have found it post patch...as soon as I can get in game... grrrrrrrrrrr... I'll check to see if it dropped for me with recurring stats... mark of a true unique.

;)

gogo

I've updated the Ancient Bark Table with some more data (defense values provided through a conversation in game a few days ago).

It has been redone using my 'formatting' script straight from the spreadsheet. I simply have to rerun the script to ensure that I have the new data and then paste the text file into the wiki. User:Zinsho Was my first use of it.

I still have a bit of redundancy in my code (well the python script for it at least), particularly as far as column heading requirements. I can probably optimize it given time and I should be able to put up a google document/spreadsheet download that will have the required formatting provided for future tables. The python code isn't quite so obvious because I'll have to also provide the links to a library required for the commands within.

Next step: Create a snippet of code that allows for fast creation of new tables, with the desired headers, needing simply to be filled in.

I'm currently translating everything into french, starting by official game content like books, deities, race and so on, I will translate the "user made" articles later.

If you want something to be translated in priority just let me know.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

I've gotten the spreadsheet creator/converter made, however it has 3 requirements (that I can think of) to it for running.

It only works with Open Office and not with Excel. I can put in a .xls to .ods converter (and a .ods to .xls if necessary) however by default that isn't included.

Additionally you need to have Python installed to be able to run the script.

Finally you'll need to install an extra Python Library to be able to execute the script, if you're using Ubuntu (and to some degree Linux in general I suspect) I can point you to the right folder for installation purposes, however for Windows I'm not certain where the proper folder is.

If people are interested I can upload the script for others. I'll also put up the default formatting template as a google document, so if people want to quickly build a spreadsheet for use as a table I'll be able to finish the conversion for them.

The script thingy sounds very interesting, what exactly does it do with the text files?

I'm using both Open and MS Offices, but I'm on Windows XP. Will that work?

Wow, that's some work on the french pages :4rofl: Good job.

Edited by Antitrust

It should work, just have to install python then find the equivalent of /usr/lib/python/site-packages/ to put the extra libraries in.

What it does is take a "standard" formatted sheet from a spreadsheet, pulls out the data and creates a .txt file.

The .txt file contains all the same information, as well as the extra formatting text that wikipedia needs to create a table like User:Zinsho

A few uploads for people to see:

The Template

The Output for use in the Wiki

If you copy the output into an editor for the wiki and preview, you should get a very similar result to the template itself.

User:Zinsho Contains the link to the template along with the resulting output.

Edited by Zinsho
I'm currently translating everything into french, starting by official game content like books, deities, race and so on, I will translate the "user made" articles later.

If you want something to be translated in priority just let me know.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

Wow Stéphane. You are a machine! You put those pages up so fast. :bye: Awesome work. I love it! :4rofl:

I've gotten the spreadsheet creator/converter made, however it has 3 requirements (that I can think of) to it for running.

It only works with Open Office and not with Excel. I can put in a .xls to .ods converter (and a .ods to .xls if necessary) however by default that isn't included.

Additionally you need to have Python installed to be able to run the script.

Finally you'll need to install an extra Python Library to be able to execute the script, if you're using Ubuntu (and to some degree Linux in general I suspect) I can point you to the right folder for installation purposes, however for Windows I'm not certain where the proper folder is.

If people are interested I can upload the script for others. I'll also put up the default formatting template as a google document, so if people want to quickly build a spreadsheet for use as a table I'll be able to finish the conversion for them.

Really cool piece of techno magic you put together there Zinsho. I'm definitely curious to at least see the script. I may not fully understand it but why not show off what you did eh. You should really start a topic all about it. Definitely topic worthy! :)

Oh and awesome work on that other thing you did. Not sure if you're saving it for a surprise so I ain't sayin a word. Cept it's great work. :D

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...taffs_and_Wands

I have added Ronthron's Legacy for the 2.34 patch maybe has replaced the Tnthron's Legacy (same specs!)

Nice one Spyrus

I even think I"ve got a that weapon myself. When I have some time, I'll take a pic of my toon holding it. Unless you're able to take a good one already? I usually use elite grafx with highest resolution.

:(

gogo

I added the experience table. Not much practical use, but curiosity did kill the cat.

I also added the Item Levels section, since it seems to confuse people. Featuring a reference table of character levels and item levels that they can use. Neatly organized in 4 sub-tables :P I guess it could be useful for twinking purposes.

I'm abandoning the use of horizontal tables, vertical ones are so much easier to look at.

Edited by Antitrust

Beautiful work Chloé. The Books section I think was the first big project that we finished on the wiki and was so satisfying to see it all. Your additions just make it so much better. Thank you. :P

P.s.

Ok ok Traps is missing... Shhhh!

Very nice work Max and... Oops! I saw this post earlier and as soon as I did I made the neccesary adjustments but neglected to post the fact. {{Languages}} bar has been added. For future reference the instructions are ->Here<-. All you need to do in addition to what you did Max is to add the text {{Languages}} to the English and French versions of the page you worked on. Putting at the top of the page with the page content 2 spaces below is how we'd like it placed. :)

I did some filling out on the page for the Inquisitor's "Callous Execution" and "Clustering Maelstrom" combat arts. At the time of this post, Clustering still needs tactical recommendations, but I'm on it. I had to stop and go eat before I could finish it.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...llous_Execution

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ering_Maelstrom

Take a look and see what you think. They probably could be a little less wordy and/or use better formating. I'll appreciate revisions or advice.

Edit:

Clustering Maelstrom is now finished (for now at least). I also filled out Purifying Chastisement. This one was very awkward due to its incredible importance to the Inquisitor in general. You'll see what I mean when you view the page. Any thoughts?

Edited by Cthulhu
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates