Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

heh, guys looks like we're all up super early. I''m up waiting for my mom to arrive and visit, supposed to be here at 6 30, and it's oh, uh... 7 46 now?

:blink:

ahhh, Wolfie, fact checker/grammar checker...is such a thing could happen!

:bounce:

gogo

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Orcish_Byway_Cemetery#Transportation

first added wargfels then went back and corrected 3rd person formal

edit: one of those insomnia nights, got woke up by a thunderstorm

Both look good. Works for me.

HATE when that happens - tho I usually wind up getting bleeping phone calls by bleeping bloody telemarketers... GAAAAH!

• Like! 1

heh, guys looks like we're all up super early. I''m up waiting for my mom to arrive and visit, supposed to be here at 6 30, and it's oh, uh... 7 46 now?

:blink:

ahhh, Wolfie, fact checker/grammar checker...is such a thing could happen!

:bounce:

gogo

Er... Grammar checker - I can see happening. Word has one built in - it won't tell you if you're using the wrong tense (3rd person vs 1st person) but it will tell you if your babbling on with incomplete sentences and such.

Fact Checker? Seriously? You'd need some serious AI to do that. And last time I checked, such things hadn't made it down the pipeline to us mere mortals.

1.) Kobold Camp - There is some serious confusion with the Kobold Blood quest.

a.) There are two quest givers listed for the Kobold Blood quest - one is named Knicknack and the other is Shaman Tschakschak the Exiled. Both have their own pages - and they appear to be different critters. I know the Shaman is the quest giver - recall doing the quest.

b.) either way, Knicknack was left out from the Kobold Camp list.

Unfortunately, the log book entry for this quest is about as clear as mud - this one will need clarification. Currently, I'm not in a position to do this one easily...

2.) Zillions of kobolds? Given the nature of the new writing style that we must adopt... Somehow that sounds wrong... At any rate, the entire section is in need of 3rd person love... Done

3.) Libi's Pratfall - there are a few mutant high elves that sometimes roam around the small islands. They may have drifted off from the T-Energy bog. But I've seen - and killed them in the past. Fixed - Also updated the list of enemies you'll find there to include mutant bears - which also inhabit the T-Energy bog...

a.) There are two quest givers listed for the Kobold Blood quest - one is named Knicknack and the other is Shaman Tschakschak the Exiled. Both have their own pages - and they appear to be different critters. I know the Shaman is the quest giver - recall doing the quest.

Unfortunately, the log book entry for this quest is about as clear as mud - this one will need clarification. Currently, I'm not in a position to do this one easily...

I do plan on going through all the quests once I finally get to niobium. That will be awhile yet since I'm not even at Gold.

needed a little 3rd person magic.

I just checked my toon roster and I happen to have a level 13 dryad that hasn't started her class chain quest in silver yet. I'll work on figuring Kobold Blood out tonight.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:In_Accordance_with_Nature

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Celestial_Dome#Quests_.26_NPC.27s

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Kobold_Blood#Quick_Walkthrough

Ok, I was able to check out the confusion with Knickknack. When the Dryad talks to him and then kills him it both ends the In Accordance with Nature and begins the Kobold Blood quest. He is standing right outside the Celestial Dome so I listed him there instead of the Kobold Camp.

edit: fixed typo

Edited by Ysne58

Thinking we need to do a bit of thinking on how to approach the Wiki... My 2 cents worth on it - if you're going to touch a section - might as well look at the whole page and see if there are any other areas that need to be dealt with. Thinking it's less work in the long run if we take an extra 5 mins to look the entire page over and just deal with it right then and there. Case in point.

You tweaked the Seraphim Valley quests & npcs section, which is spot on - but then there's the Transportation segment which begins with:

"You're in for a long walk no matter where you start from." Fixed btw...

Thinking it'll be a lot less complicated if we work entire pages at once - get the whole enchilada out of the way so to speak and then we don't have to remember what we did, what we didn't do and what needs to be dealt with next. There's an AWFUL lot of stuff on the Wiki these days and we're bound to miss something - so might as well get 'er done while it's in front of you.

Makes sense? No?

Looks a bit better.. Works for me..

Yeah.. I know. Sometimes it is - One simple solution came to mind - use your browser's built in search function. Ctrl-F works on all major browsers these days - just type in "you" and it will do the work for you. More often than not, I'm thinking that would be the most common error. You find it, you can squash it. :D

I appreciate both your work.

There should be no pressure or stress to work on the wiki though. I agree that looking at a larger picture is helpful, but sometimes noone is able to see or have time for what they commit or have on hand. It's cool if contributors are able to "do it all" so to speak...but any help at all, a period, a space, a phrasing, is helpful, shows effort, and most importantly, shows the world we're alive.

We have wiki style guides to help people out for particular and very specific templates, pages, etc, but when a part of a page should be done adds pressure to contributors, and this is a hobby we love.

I love what both you guys are doing.

For effort and vision, style, there may be an ultimate way of having pages done on time, but no way is absolutely right, because last thing anyone wants is people burning out.

No burning out allowed! :whip:

Come in close for a hug, both of you, I want to see some squirming

:hugs:

gogo

Feh.. I don't feel pressured - I just have a work philosophy that says simply - If you're gonna do it - do it RIGHT the first time.

Someone once said - the easiest way to double your workload is to put it off.

Think about that for a second. You get a piece of mail - a bill - you then take it and put it in your "things to do" pile. You don't quite get around to it that day, so the next day, another pile of mail shows up with another bill. And you put it on top of that first bill. If you keep putting things off, you wind up with a HUGE pile of stuff and when you do finally get around to getting it done, you've got to grab that letter for the 2nd time in order to deal with it.

Edit: Cleaned up Bluestonbury just a tad.. Got rid of the non-3rd person thing

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Bluestonbury

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

If you keep putting things off,

lol, this is perspective and a point of view. If all someone wants to do or has time to do is add a period I'm grateful for the contributon.

:)

gogo

Like I said, I'll do what I can. The last thing I want is to burn out.

Piles--those can get pretty deep.

Ysne, you're a constant contributor, anything you can add is more than existed before.

I'm grateful

:gogo:

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates