Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

No rush. I'm going to slow down a bit with editing pages. Made some mistakes today that I probably wouldn't have if I'd had some sleep and taken my time.

Improving those aspect pages will be the next thing. The Dragon Magic page is a rough idea of what I'd like to do with them.

I'm not sure I really even see the point for single images.

It's a fun idea that would be efficient if you were importing a large chunk of data but it's as you say. For a few lines of text it's not really worth it. But I commend the desire for ingenuity! :D With regards to "include" and such the wiki concept is called transclusion for future reference. It seems to only allow a single transclusion per source page from what I've experienced and read. Our Help pages aren't up to date so if you're curious then by all means check out the mediawiki site. This might be a fun page to read:

Magic Words

Amazing work all. It's becoming difficult to keep up!

• Like! 1

Hell...l gogo, couldn't you wrote this 2 weeks earlier with the Transclusion(thx to Schot for enlighten us) stuff? I find this at translating pages. But only to include the full content of a page on the temple guardian page.... As soon as I was able to figure you explanation out, I will be able to include all the aspects skills and combat arts instead of copy pasting them over and over and over again, just like I did so far -.-. If its wanted I can improve the coding for the english pages as I was able to master that function. :)

BTW: Please transfer the language bar on top of Sacred 2 Fallen Angel like it is on Sacred Underworld!

Edited by Sneak0r
  • Like! 1

The link I provided is the NPC page. The quest page, which is titled Shirka Alana, is filled in.

I believe the decision made at the time was to name that NPCs page Shirka and the quest then has the full name.

Thanks for fixing that Knuckles. The Sloeford NPC section was also linked to that wrong page, so I hooked it up to the right one, now that I know where it is.

I think I'm going to revert, it doesn't have the tools I'm used to using and it's confusing me.

• Like! 1

Alright the Mounts Page has been updated with the new pictures and....I'm kind of split 50/50 on whether they looked better before with the frames and backgrounds. Draconicon definitely looks better now since the pic is much higher resolution, but overall are they better "loose" like that?

Also the horse looks lonely with his old picture. :(

I've heard you and here is a new horse :)

Horse1.png

• Like! 1

I was able to figure out how the inclusion code works and to an example on the german version of the concentration skill Now I was able to include the exact same part of concentration that was posted by hand before on the Dragon Mage page only with this:

:{{:Sacred 2:Concentration/de}}

That is awesome!
The idea behind this is pretty useless for the english content, because these pages are all written and no one needs to change anything.... BUT if we use this to the origin english code and ppl translate stuff into other languages they only need to translate the ground page (in this case the conentration page) once and for every class and skill pages the text will be included from the ground page and you dont need to copy and paste stuff (and full source code) over and over and over again...!
I needed to copy and paste evey skills for every of the 7 classes and also need to translate everything new for every class. But now for the concentration skill I only need ":{{:Sacred 2:Concentration/de}}", thats so much easier ^^
Or if the english code would be like this before, there would be never needed to translate 7 times (8 times with the all skils page).
I think that a very huuuuuge need! As I mentioned before, I can handle the source code stuff :)

I hope my point is clear.... and sorry for having only 1 skill on german to show you guys what my point is... but it's 4am and I need to sleep now....

Edited by Sneak0r
  • Like! 1

lol Ysne. You haaaave to sleep!

I was able to figure out how the inclusion code works and to an example on the german version of the concentration skill Now I was able to include the exact same part of concentration that was posted by hand before on the Dragon Mage page only with this:

That is awesome!
The idea behind this is pretty useless for the english content, because these pages are all written and no one needs to change anything.... BUT if we use this to the origin english code and ppl translate stuff into other languages they only need to translate the ground page (in this case the conentration page) once and for every class and skill pages the text will be included from the ground page and you dont need to copy and paste stuff (and full source code) over and over and over again...!
I needed to copy and paste evey skills for every of the 7 classes and also need to translate everything new for every class. But now for the concentration skill I only need ":{{:Sacred 2:Concentration/de}}", thats so much easier ^^
Or if the english code would be like this before, there would be never needed to translate 7 times (8 times with the all skils page).
I think that a very huuuuuge need! As I mentioned before, I can handle the source code stuff :)

I hope my point is clear.... and sorry for having only 1 skill on german to show you guys what my point is... but it's 4am and I need to sleep now....

Excellent Sneakor. I bet yo are going to make very good use of that. :D

It's a fun idea that would be efficient if you were importing a large chunk of data but it's as you say. For a few lines of text it's not really worth it. But I commend the desire for ingenuity! :D With regards to "include" and such the wiki concept is called transclusion for future reference. It seems to only allow a single transclusion per source page from what I've experienced and read. Our Help pages aren't up to date so if you're curious then by all means check out the mediawiki site. This might be a fun page to read:

Magic Words

Ok, I probably won't be using transclusion much in my upcoming edits on the aspect pages, but it's good to know about it and I'll keep it in mind for when it's appropriate. Thanks for that mediawiki link Schot! Learning!

Alright the Mounts Page has been updated with the new pictures and....I'm kind of split 50/50 on whether they looked better before with the frames and backgrounds. Draconicon definitely looks better now since the pic is much higher resolution, but overall are they better "loose" like that?

Also the horse looks lonely with his old picture. :(

I've heard you and here is a new horse :)

Horse1.png

Cool. I think we'll keep the horse picture that's already on the mounts page since it's good quality and it matches the others. But I did add the new pic to the horse page ! (Maybe it could be moved around)

That is awesome!

This ability of the Wiki really changed things for us way back when everything was new. Love that you've taken this all a step further Sne, it's like we're getting new super powers for the Wiki!

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1

Magic Words

lol I hear ya! Once again, there's a multiple of projects going on, but the adventure progresses, such is this hobby!

:bounce:

What page is Shirka red-linked?

Just responded in other thread and her full name is Shirka Alana. Sure that is part of the issue.

great explanation Rob, ty for the help, Houston we have clarity

Thanks for fixing that Knuckles. The Sloeford NPC section was also linked to that wrong page, so I hooked it up to the right one, now that I know where it is.

I think I'm going to revert, it doesn't have the tools I'm used to using and it's confusing me.

lol, I got confused on this as well, the wiki has so much pathing going on, Glad Knuckles came through on this,

• Like! 1

if you use more pics like that our wiki could look better and better. This one does not even look like a "classic" wiki.

I'm not sure if we want to have that kind of style...

That Wiki stole our content from us, we were in battle with them for a year or two, and ultimately the owner of that italian site, Fabio, was BANNED from the official Sacred International Forum, and took articles and Schot's art, He would have kept it stolen until Schot and I found out and started email conversaitions with him asking him to take down everything he stole from Schot.

His original Wiki was made with bad sofware, so he just attempted to steal all the work SacredWiki's contributor's put into our wiki

He stole schto's icon work

Schot's original skin

All the lay out for our pages

He stole personal aritlces that our writers wrote for our wiki, and just translated them into italian hoping that he could steal the content and noone would see him steal it

gogo

I added a page for myself on the Wiki. I will keep a running list of things I'm working on/planning to get to. That way I won't fill up this thread with posts every single time I get a new idea. ^^

Oh but I did have a question. I found these banners/logo pictures, think we can use them somewhere on the Wiki? I'm not sure where but they're too cool not to use! Maybe in Bestiary or Backstory...

Sacred2_battle.jpg

S2_iceblood_battle.jpg

Wow, never really hooked into this!

Thanks for putting up the images, if you can find a way to make places for this kind of art on our Wiki, go for it!

There could be pages already set aside for Sacred 2 art... can you see if there is a place where this would be appropriate?

:)

gogo

if you use more pics like that our wiki could look better and better. This one does not even look like a "classic" wiki.

That Wiki stole our content from us, we were in battle with them for a year or two, and ultimately the owner of that italian site, Fabio, was BANNED from the official Sacred International Forum, and took articles and Schot's art, He would have kept it stolen until Schot and I found out and started email conversaitions with him asking him to take down everything he stole from Schot.

His original Wiki was made with bad sofware, so he just attempted to steal all the work SacredWiki's contributor's put into our wiki

He stole schto's icon work

Schot's original skin

All the lay out for our pages

He stole personal aritlces that our writers wrote for our wiki, and just translated them into italian hoping that he could steal the content and noone would see him steal it

gogo

Uhm... sorry about opening old wounds... That was not my idea behind that... I only want to show, that the style is improved with more nice pics :/

• Like! 1

:eek:

Damn, they look so official.

God, they have everything media-wise. Here I am scrounging around for pics and videos and I could just be downloading it from there? And they have like a hundred new people registering on it every day?

Aw man, look at all that extra stuff they have on their Dragon Mage page!

:nono:

Is Sacred like some kind of giant phenomenon in Italy? Where the hell is everybody to work on ours? WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THIS? XO

Edited by Flix
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates