Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Well I re-sized to 600px :) Still looks fine to me. Still got 450px in my brain from all the Places pages :P

The trick is getting the 2nd pic to line up, and that is a little trial and error. Especially when the 2 pics have different dimensions.

so the 1st pic had a 600px modifier and then on 2nd I used x200px. Added an 'x' to front of number and then increased/decreased the'200' shown in my example til pics lined up

Yeah I know that trick. Ideally I would have measured the existing pics and made my new ones the same dimensions, but what can I say?

And I figured as much about the width from the moment you first mentioned a limit.

EDIT: Ta-da! After a quick crash-course in GIMP the Draconicon matches the others!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mounts#Dragon_Mage_-_Draconicon

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Alright the mounts pages are all updated with their Ice and Blood versions!

I only had two roadblocks, involving the old-style wiki pictures that I can't format:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shroud_Spider

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mobiculum

All the original Shroud Spider pictures, as well as the Mobiculum "stats," are images that can't be formatted (I think). So...I don't know what to do.

Page looks good Flix :)

I played with thumbnails real quick on Spider page and thumb version is way too small to be used. So not much we can do unless we re-upload those pics. But since those pics are already hosted on the wiki, I know gogo and Schot would prefer we not re-upload at this time.

But you could always ask if you feel the page could really benefit from it :)

• Like! 1

I fixed my post after you posted sneak0r....I forgot to add the word 'horizontally', which changed the whole meaning of what I said...sorry

Just need to fit horizontally on page....scrolling down isn't an issue (we have some long pages out there)

No need to worry. I knew what you had meant. widht="10xx" height="100%" border="1" and we have our fix window in that we can move stuff around. Well the border can turned off ofc... But seriously? I dont like that much. What should be the best resolution on that we want to "optimize" the style of a page? If you use a fix width and someone with a 22" monitor is looking at the page it wouldn't look that good at all as the half of the monitor would be empty -.-

Page looks good Flix :)

I played with thumbnails real quick on Spider page and thumb version is way too small to be used. So not much we can do unless we re-upload those pics. But since those pics are already hosted on the wiki, I know gogo and Schot would prefer we not re-upload at this time.

But you could always ask if you feel the page could really benefit from it :)

Thanks! And nah, I'm not gonna ask to ignore the policy just for my own work. If you check the two pages out now, I formatted them a little better so they look pretty nice, even if they don't perfectly match the layout of the other mounts pages. :)

Today my nice, sweet, sexy, incredible looking special mount quest for sacred 2 characters is done :) Ok, here we go:

Dmhorse1.png

Monitorizard.png

Windserpent.png

Shroudspider.png

Tiger.png

Hellhound.png

Mobiculum.png

Now Flix can add them to the Mounts section as well ;) I have already uploaded them to character pages.

Alright the mounts pages are all updated with their Ice and Blood versions!

I only had two roadblocks, involving the old-style wiki pictures that I can't format:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shroud_Spider

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mobiculum

All the original Shroud Spider pictures, as well as the Mobiculum "stats," are images that can't be formatted (I think). So...I don't know what to do.

You did forget my post, huh?

You did forget my post, huh?

I didn't forget that. I was just never sure where they should go. You added them to the character pages, and I thought that was a good choice.

I added them to the Mounts page as well (check the history and you will see), but Gogo and Schot both asked if I would change them back because the old pictures looked better with the backgrounds and the frames. I agreed, and changed them back. The old pictures were high quality already.

If you mean I should add them to the individual mounts' pages, then I guess I could try it at the top of the page and see how it looks. The Shroud Spider and Wind Serpent already have pics with a black background on the top. I don't really like those pictures, but I was reluctant to just remove them. The other mounts have nothing at the top of the page.

Edited by Flix

I added the pics to each mount's page. I think they look pretty good. I didn't change the Inquisitor's Spider, because I think the black background pic looks pretty cool.

• Like! 1

Because there weren't black background pictures for all of the mounts, only the Wind Serpent and the Shroud Spider. All the others just had empty space there (no picture at all). If you want to make new pictures with black backgrounds, go right ahead and I'll update the pages with them. ;)

It's true, thanks for the generous offer but there's no need Knuckles. :) The Wiki's got two sets of good high resolution mount pics: those with the colored backgrounds that you made (used on the main mounts page), plus the newer ones Sneakor uploaded with no backgrounds (used on individual character pages and mount pages). I think we're all good! If there's no objections, I'm just going to phase out those black background pics...they're lower resolution and we didn't seem to have a full set anyway.

Alrighty, I'm calling it a day. Today the final three characters got their aspect pages expanded:

Seraphim (one, two, three)

Shadow Warrior (one, two, three)

Temple Guardian (one, two, three)

The other four characters also had their aspect pages improved a little bit with links and formatting.

I've also added about 30 official screenshots to the Wiki. Concept art additions are up next.

Finally I've been trying to give the Ice and Blood page a little love. More to come.

Love the work

Flix, you're turning pages into Gems

:)

gogo

Got the video garden pretty much up and running...pretty sure I got most if not all the official vids out there

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Video_Garden

DUDE. Great to see! And that happened so fast!

The avatar page got a lot of love today from me. :)

Very nice work too! Today's a roll :dance:

Flix, what do you think about making the class names above the pix on that page links?

Besides that, you've done a great job on reworking the page and setting it up this way.

Lots of lovely new stuff to gawk at, what's next in your magican's hat^^

:wizard:

gogo

Knuckles you literally made the Carrier Imp page 6 seconds before I did...imagine my surprise when I click 'save' on the Ice and Blood page and find a blue link to it! ROFL

I realy hope that someone has soon the time to check http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21360-pages-that-needs-some-love as well^^

I'll add looking at that list...to my list! Brain can only handle so much at once! :D

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates