Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Excellent idea!

That entire page was actually a copy/paste job from published sources from Ascaron during game release. Yes, the idea of having other races on that page to give more depth to this grouping is awesome, only thing is, as you note, the information would have to be custom-culled and then put together.

Would be original content on the Wiki though, and noone else would have this.

That's the best kind of content! I'm glad it sounds like a good idea, cause I already compiled a bunch of info in a text document. :4rofl:

One thing I always meant to do and just never got around to it is making a 'Flags of Ancaria' page. Most races and even individual Orc/Goblin/Kobold tribes have some type of flag or banner. Think they would look really cool on those pages. I could probably get them at some point but right now really concentrating on NPC's and Quests so it might be awhile til I do it. Though I suppose I could grab screenies as I traverse Ancaria doing Quests. Just thought I'd throw throw the idea out and see if you like it/want to get them yourself :)

I. Love. That. Idea! I had an idea for "art of Ancaria" ...not artwork by designers or fans, but by the characters themselves! Some areas are full of painters and other artists and much of their work it is packed full of detail (especially with Elite Textures - yowza!). I always try to take pics of it. Point being, I never thought about the flags and banners before, now that's something else cool to keep an eye out for!

p.s. I don't typically hand out a lot of atta boys for wiki work...it's not that I don't love the work going up, I just never think of it :sigh:

So I'd just like to take a moment and give a big thank you to all the wiki contributors and especially Flix, Ysne, Wolfie and sneak0r for all the work in the past and presently going in :thumbsup:

Aaawww, shucks. :blush: Heh, I give myself enough pats on the back for my own work, enough for 3 people. Myself I'm standing on the shoulders of giants. I'm proud of everyone who's worked on the Wiki, past and present. We are rockin' the Wiki like a hurricane. :pump:

I added new races to the Races of Ancaria page. The new pages are all still red links until I fill them in. Elves, Humans, Dryads, Seraphim and Lizardmen are on there now. I thought about adding Garema and Du'Rach but there's not enough content about them to justify it. On my next playthrough I'll see if I can collect more info about their cultures.

EDIT: Check out the banner I made for the Elves page:

Elves.jpg

Me and Schot were just checking this out...beautiful!

And, you know...till you just framed it that way now...never connected that four of seven...were elves!

:4rofl:

gogo

And, you know...till you just framed it that way now...never connected that four of seven...were elves!

Me and Schot were just checking this out...beautiful!

:4rofl:

gogo

Yep, we tend to think of everyone as human unless told otherwise, but in Sacred 2 everyone's an elf unless told otherwise! :D I'm slowly filling in content to the pages.

I also added pics of Blind Guardian at the Ascaron studio to their page.

Great job! Watch Blind Guardian become popular again after this page goin up :P

Sortings a tuff job, putting it all together even tougher, but great when it comes together.

154hzxz.jpg

:)

gogo

So I'd just like to take a moment and give a big thank you to all the wiki contributors and especially Flix, Ysne, Wolfie and sneak0r for all the work in the past and presently going in :thumbsup:

With Knuckles on this, and a personal applaud the great effort. One of the biggest things on Wiki's is synergy. We were lucky to happen up on the magic of an updates topic like this, and it ties in /meshes very well with our wiki, super- commited, hobby-community, and synergy. Seeing everyone's work, edits and writing is always refreshing , specially after a day outside in the grind.

Free bananas!

:dance:

gogo

One thing I always meant to do and just never got around to it is making a 'Flags of Ancaria' page. Most races and even individual Orc/Goblin/Kobold tribes have some type of flag or banner. Think they would look really cool on those pages. I could probably get them at some point but right now really concentrating on NPC's and Quests so it might be awhile til I do it. Though I suppose I could grab screenies as I traverse Ancaria doing Quests. Just thought I'd throw throw the idea out and see if you like it/want to get them yourself :)

Your dream come alive :bounce:

14vmo9y.jpg

Sacred 2 Flags page gone live

Merci Flix

gogo

It does take a group working together. Thanks Knuckles. I'm kinda out of motivation right now, so taking a rest. Had dental work last week. I will get back into updating the wiki soon.

• Like! 1

Love this new formatting and info on the char pages... Hullo Dryad!

4g3zep.jpg

All that info you're culling from books and other pages of Wiki with links, is creating a strinking new content page

Very good work:)

gogo

Love this new formatting and info on the char pages... Hullo Dryad!

4g3zep.jpg

All that info you're culling from books and other pages of Wiki with links, is creating a strinking new content page

Very good work:)

gogo

Thanks! I am (hopefully gracefully) moving between Race, Region, Place, and Flag pages trying to flesh them out and strengthen the ties between them all. Then, my upcoming "Art of Ancaria" page! After that, I don't really have anything planned. Will probably help out Knuckles and Ysne with their work.

• Like! 1

Guys I ran into another duplicate page situation. This time, it's not two different pages that could be developed differently - this is literally two different pages made to be the exact same thing, in this case, a Region page for the Wastelands:

Wastelands (2008)

Wastelands: The Great Machine (2010)

They were both almost utterly blank. I consolidated what little content there was onto the older one, and redirected all links to it. The older page also had a less confusing name. This makes the newer one a blank page with nothing linking to it, in other words, a total duplicate. Please review for deletion guys.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Abbreviations

started adding abbreviations

Anyone having suggestions to be added into this, feel free to either edit the page or add to the list in the next thread.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21395-list-of-abbrevations-for-sacred-2-gold/page-2&do=findComment&comment=6962428

Looks good!

I would think that any Combat Art comprised of two words is probably being acronmyized in all forums upon which Sacred 2 is discussed, they are strong candidates for inclusion.

gogo

Nice parody of the coat of arms of the french kings: 3 golden lilies on blue shield.

But in game it is one up and two below, while the original is two top and one below.

Wonder of the others are related to real life ones two.

I've uploaded several great pieces of art from the Artbook. Mostly in Artwork and some in Renders as well. These will be great for some of the Races and Regions pages I'm working on. I'd never even seen a lot of this art before!

They look amazing! Specially how you're not just pulling them in, but placing them for context. This creates interest and hooks more players into ancaria world.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Abbreviations

started adding some of the combat arts abbreviations

I saw this page getting plumped up, looks great cathy, ty

Nice parody of the coat of arms of the french kings: 3 golden lilies on blue shield.

But in game it is one up and two below, while the original is two top and one below.

Wonder of the others are related to real life ones two.

ahhh, Easter egg or good Wiki info

gogo

All those quests, that's a lot of work, you must have it down to a science at this point!

My work on the Races of Ancaria pages is about wrapped up. The front page got a big makeover with 4 playable and 6 non-playable races. The pages for the playable races plus the Lizardmen I built from scratch, and I tried to flesh out and improve the existing ones so that they're all consistent and polished.

Regions and Places are next up! Time to integrate some of those flags and art into them. :)

Forgot to mention: I also placed some concept art and animations on some of the Special Mounts pages. Most of them had at least a pic or two.

Edited by Flix

1st pass through in Tyr Lysia done for NPC's...got a couple quests that need to be re-done but pretty sure I got 90% of the NPC's for the light quests. Probably added 100-150 of them

These two, both, quests and npc's are the single largest block of page/content that is empty on Wiki, and you're just steadily soldering through it!

Awesome-Sauce-being-awesome-28672007-160

All those quests, that's a lot of work, you must have it down to a science at this point!

My work on the Races of Ancaria pages is about wrapped up. The front page got a big makeover with 4 playable and 6 non-playable races. The pages for the playable races plus the Lizardmen I built from scratch, and I tried to flesh out and improve the existing ones so that they're all consistent and polished.

Regions and Places are next up! Time to integrate some of those flags and art into them. :)

Forgot to mention: I also placed some concept art and animations on some of the Special Mounts pages. Most of them had at least a pic or two.

Everything's coming together from lists to a grand textbook of Sacred, great what beautiful images, and careful placement/editing will do.

:thumbsup:

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates