Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Abbreviations

Added the Exhalted Warrior combat arts to the list.

I'm not familiar with formatting, but I think it would be helpful to make it so each of the letters on that page can be edited without opening up the whole page. Can someone set that up for me?

Ysne, all you have to do is make each letter a section. So, in the editor, instead of A, it would look like: ===A===

This will also enlarge the letter, so you can safely lose the <h3> you have there.

I did "A" so you can see.

• Like! 1

So...put the = signs in and remove the <h3>?

Yeah. I went ahead and did it for the whole page. I realized I could try out the find/replace tool in the new editor and it is AWESOME! Took me two seconds using it. I don't think I'm ever going back to the old editor after this. Wish I had switched sooner, probably would have saved me many hours of typing and clicking. :D

Is that how you wanted it?

• Like! 1

So...put the = signs in and remove the <h3>?

Yeah. I went ahead and did it for the whole page. I realized I could try out the find/replace tool in the new editor and it is AWESOME! Took me two seconds using it. I don't think I'm ever going back to the old editor after this. Wish I had switched sooner, probably would have saved me many hours of typing and clicking. :D

Is that how you wanted it?

That is exactly what I wanted. I was not looking forward to doing that, because I keep forgetting about find/replace. Thanks so much Flix.

Just added SP and MP.

Edited by Ysne58

Guys do you think these pics would have any use on the Wiki? They were rejected leftovers from my Art of Ancaria page, since I didn't feel like they were really art, but if they had could have some use then I wouldn't just delete them. It's the shop signs for the three different regions, Elf, Human, Desert. This is just a pic of the thumbnails in my folder. They're fairly small, about the size in the picture (when viewed fullsize), and filesize is from 7kb-14kb

cu8fQMX.jpg

• Like! 1

Guys do you think these pics would have any use on the Wiki? They were rejected leftovers from my Art of Ancaria page, since I didn't feel like they were really art, but if they had could have some use then I wouldn't just delete them. It's the shop signs for the three different regions, Elf, Human, Desert. This is just a pic of the thumbnails in my folder. They're fairly small, about the size in the picture (when viewed fullsize), and filesize is from 7kb-14kb

cu8fQMX.jpg

Maybe these can be added as notes to references pages?

LIke the anvil on top and the horse shoe... we have a horse page somewher ewith all the horeseson it, and there's a forge page... ewach of those pages can have a note somewhere along the bottom referenceing these items as perhaps

Note:

Assorted Forge Icons across Ancaria, then the pic, then location in Ancaria or link to where it can be found on map?

:)

gogo

Alright I put some of those signs to good use:

Forging

Runes

Horses

I didn't see any appropriate places for the Merchant or Tavern signs (is there even a mention of Merchants anywhere on the Wiki?) so I dumped those pics.

Also expanded the New Character Page with text and sections and whatnot. Any bugs or interesting facts we've learned about Expert Touch regeneration should probably go here.

A few other mini projects:

Books got a lil' graphical update.

Some Easter Egg pages got some updates:

Ikarion Plate

Vitruvian Monster

From Dusk til Dawn

And various other pages got links added. That's an ongoing project of mine: "linkitivity" and "connectitude," to use two b.s. terms from How I Met Your Mother.

Next up I'm going to expand the Combo page, with some pics and info on making combos, various facts and strategies, etc.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Next up I'm going to expand the Combo page, with some pics and info on making combos, various facts and strategies, etc.

That would be amazing! I know wiki's still missing a bunch of effects and buff pics, specially for elemental effects on monsters, and pix of how those Combat Arts groupings could look.

All the places you found for the pix on pages look great, and you put those forging runes and horses icons to great use

+++

gogo

Thanks! I'll get around to all the elemental damages eventually...it's been on my list for weeks and I just keep bumping it down... :closedeyes:

Had the New Character Page link wrong in my last post. Corrected it. Hopefully it should be a good supplement to the manual on how to go about making a new character.

• Like! 1

Great tackling with the Combo page! I know for a while, during beginning release of game, there was huge talk of what would/wouldn't work in Combos, and how different skill choices and Ca's could/would impact it. It's a whole hellish world, and with so much to have to document at that time by yesterday, poor page got fogotten.

Pix you put up are good walk through, and finally, we have something up that's up there with the detailing on our quest guides, which NO other Game Wiki on earth clomes close to.

And, Flix, statues are sparkling!

6596rd.jpg

gogo

Nice work on the flags Flix! I saw you added one to Black Oaks. I tweaked the layout of the flag a bit. Hope you like!

Before:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Black_Oaks&oldid=71102

After:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Black_Oaks

Thank you!

Ah yes, that will work. I like that there's less empty space that way. And I can put flag info in the introductory text.

Today I'm going to go through all the Artamark place pages and see what flags/pics/info can be added. I already did Tyr Lysia a little while back. Here's some examples of how they ended up looking:

Sloeford

Undead Camp 1

High Elf Outpost 1

High Elf Outpost 3

Kobold Camp

Thylysium

Shouldn't be a big job to go back and tweak the layout of the flags, if you think it would be better.

Edited by Flix

hey guys!

I think the idea of the flag on the places page is good, but I'm looking at the black oaks page and the new Seraphim Island, I think they top area is looking a little too crowded now :(

1556ssw.jpg

fmlyis.jpg

The SacredWiki places template we have in place for this was designed to create a smooth flow and use the screen space we have allocated per page as efficiently as possible without looking cluttered :superman:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Template:Place

Perhaps the flag can be moved down to another area somewhere below along the right so that the stream of pictures moving downwards follows along the set pattern of single pictures?

Im just coming back from weekend, and looking at all the pages that went up, lovely to see the new stuff, but the great balance we had before when these pages first went up is kind of out of kilter.

Is there a way the flags or this can be formatted differently?

If you give me and Schot a day or two to look at this, we can help with ideas for the page, and we'll post back

gogo

• Like! 1

Schot and Gogo giving me opposite instructions...head explodes. :cstars: Consider work on this halted until something is decided.

What do you think of putting the images on the left, the way I have it on Tyr Lysia pages (the way I had it in the first place)? Part of the problem with balance is that putting all images on the right side makes it lopsided.

hZNhqi7.jpg

sNnULFy.jpg

EDIT: I saw what you're testing out on the Black Oaks page, and I like what I'm seeing. Smaller, unframed and to the left. Looking forward to what you guys cook up.

Edited by Flix

We're getting some good ideas here, thanks you guys!

Schot and I will spend some time today going over the template and pic sizes, we're also researching other wiki's to see how they have their place pages set up.

Something wonderful this way comes!

:dance:

gogo

Just finished a major overhaul to the Undead Legion chain quest including a new main page. All NPC's for it now done too :D

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Undead_Legion

Massive accomplishment Knuckles!

There is enormous amount of written and custom pix you've added to those quest - begging pages. Just looking at index and seeing that each link goes to a page you wrote up must give you a warm fuzzy feeling ^^

Double Blatons on the rocks sir

gogo

I added Bestiary sections to Sacred 2:Tyr Lysia‎ and Sacred 2:Artamark‎ . I've been fiddling around with improving the Regions pages bit by bit, and Gogo mentioned regional bestiaries a while back so I thought it was a good idea.

If these two pages look good overall to everyone, I'll see about improving the other Regions pages to match. Most are either blank or have only the text from the books.

• Like! 1

Just finished a major overhaul to the Undead Legion chain quest including a new main page. All NPC's for it now done too :D

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Undead_Legion

I added Bestiary sections to Sacred 2:Tyr Lysia‎ and Sacred 2:Artamark‎ . I've been fiddling around with improving the Regions pages bit by bit, and Gogo mentioned regional bestiaries a while back so I thought it was a good idea.

If these two pages look good overall to everyone, I'll see about improving the other Regions pages to match. Most are either blank or have only the text from the books.

You guys are insane! :D Nice one on the Undead Legion quest Knuckles. I remember how painfully long it was and writing it out could only be doubley so. More even!

Very nice additions Flix. :) I love the content that you've added. The region pages have been neglected for such a long time. They are in much need of a treatment like the Place pages get. I'll be thinking about a layout for those pages in the future which will be veeery different than it's present form. It certainly deserves a topic to help develope something nice.

As for the place pages I'm working out the old kinks in the Place template. Removing referecnes to photobucket was loooong overdue. We'll need to look at changing picture sizes of the places as well. And of course, finding a nice place for the flags is on the top of the list. For now I'm working on a test page here.

• Like! 1