Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Just finished a major overhaul to the Undead Legion chain quest including a new main page. All NPC's for it now done too :D

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Undead_Legion

>I added Bestiary sections to Sacred 2:Tyr Lysia‎ and Sacred 2:Artamark‎ . I've been fiddling around with improving the Regions pages bit by bit, and Gogo mentioned regional bestiaries a while back so I thought it was a good idea.

If these two pages look good overall to everyone, I'll see about improving the other Regions pages to match. Most are either blank or have only the text from the books.

You guys are insane! :D Nice one on the Undead Legion quest Knuckles. I remember how painfully long it was and writing it out could only be doubley so. More even!

Very nice additions Flix. :) I love the content that you've added. The region pages have been neglected for such a long time. They are in much need of a treatment like the Place pages get. I'll be thinking about a layout for those pages in the future which will be veeery different than it's present form. It certainly deserves a topic to help develope something nice.

As for the place pages I'm working out the old kinks in the Place template. Removing referecnes to photobucket was loooong overdue. We'll need to look at changing picture sizes of the places as well. And of course, finding a nice place for the flags is on the top of the list. For now I'm working on a test page here.

Alrighty I'll hold off on the Places and Regions pages for the time being then. Test page looks good! Interested to see how it all will take shape. :)

You guys are insane! :D Nice one on the Undead Legion quest Knuckles. I remember how painfully long it was and writing it out could only be doubley so. More even!

Do I get my double stuffed cookies now? You did promise :P

I went through and linked-up the entire Skills Page, including sub-pages (Offensive Skills etc.) as well as each individual skill. Nothing really exciting to look at, but it's important in its own way.

Along the way I ended up tweaking and correcting a bunch of small stuff on various pages, too much stuff to name individually.

One thing that it kinda neat is that I added the staff projectiles to the Magic Staffs page. I also put them on the Damage Types page. Much more work on Damage and all its related pages coming soon.

• Like! 1

These pages are super important! They are part of the pages that are some of the most popularly read in SacredWiki. Mechanics is almost magical in this game, not much has been documented about it, as so much was being "discussed", hence the glib writing on the games mechanics pages :(

Really happy you have your eye going over these, and now that I think about it, will also bring to forum for our community the "most popular/well read" pages in the Wiki...this can give us an idea to where the thousands of readers daily are going these days for SacredWiki

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

These pages are super important! They are part of the pages that are some of the most popularly read in SacredWiki. Mechanics is almost magical in this game, not much has been documented about it, as so much was being "discussed", hence the glib writing on the games mechanics pages :(

Really happy you have your eye going over these, and now that I think about it, will also bring to forum for our community the "most popular/well read" pages in the Wiki...this can give us an idea to where the thousands of readers daily are going these days for SacredWiki

gogo

Yeah, I noticed I was coming upon material that was written more like a forum post than a Wiki page, "You can try out a couple things, but in my experience, I never blah blah." I figured I was getting into older pages.

Ah, statistics for the Wiki, now that's interesting. I would very much like to see what's most viewed.

• Like! 1

A little diversion/side-project while I continue to work on Damage stuff:

I didn't intend to but I indavertantly found the artwork for the various merchant trading screens, so I ended up working on adding info, links and art to their NPC pages:

Blacksmith
Runemaster

Merchant

Horse Dealer

Ship Captain

The pages for their respective services got some mini-updates too, for example the Forging page got the icons for the Blacksmith Arts added. Also tried (as always) to add links to everything where appropriate.

EDIT: Fixed NPC link

Edited by Flix

Brilliant

I've been seeing the pages going up all morning, u've made these simple utility pages sharp. The links work is amazing, and keeps readers honed in on possible new information they'd love to chug down.

Very nice work, I think I mentionned somehwere that I especially love the merchants page?

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21387-page-name-typo-fix-request/?p=6963432

Think one day a portals page could be usefl?

gogo

Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

Yeah, I noticed a red-link for Portals a few weeks back when I was polishing up the Glossary, made a mental note but then forgot to ever add it to my list. I definitely think a Portals page is in order.

is there any way to have a map with just portals on it? I know that one day Schot wants to do a kind of filter functionality, but in meantime, could a portals map, with just portals be a clear image for someone to do their pathing with through all these quests?

As with all these kinds of games, getting there is half the pain

:lol:

gogo

is there any way to have a map with just portals on it? I know that one day Schot wants to do a kind of filter functionality, but in meantime, could a portals map, with just portals be a clear image for someone to do their pathing with through all these quests?

As with all these kinds of games, getting there is half the pain

:lol:

gogo

Well, I think I could do it in fairly quickly and easily with the GUI Map, it's just a matter of toggling all the symbols off except for the Portals, and making a picture. But with the SacredWiki Map it would have to be Schot or someone else.

• Like! 1

Damage is DONE. :yay: I'm not saying it's all perfect and complete, but I gave it my best shot. My basic approach was: add all relevant info, pics, and links, then organize into sections, then standardize the format and language of any pre-existing content. Prepare for Linktober fest...Let's break it down:

Damage and Armor were the main jumping off pages. They got some of the most substantial changes. And Chattius' graph and analysis finally made it on to the Wiki. I tried to do a bit of disambiguation between Armor meaning both 'Equipment' and 'Resistance' - let me know if I pulled it off.

Next, I did each Damage Type:

Fire, Ice, Magic, Physical, Poison Ideas for these 5 pages in the future: add onto each of these pages a list of CA's that inflict/protect from each damage type. Possibly also add enemies who inflict/resist each damage type.

Next came the Secondary Damage Types / Detrimental Magic Effects:

Gogo should like these pics, as he's been pining for them for some time now. :D

Chance to Burn and Chunk of Lava

Chance to Freeze and Ice Crystal

Chance to Poison and Poison Fang

Chance to Weaken and Magic Pearl

Chance to Inflict Open Wounds, Deadly Wounds, Deep Wounds, Serious Open Wounds -These 4 were already pretty solid, only medium changes by me.

Then Damage over Time:

These all DID get lists of CA's that can inflict them, among other content.

Fire DoT

Ice DoT

Magic DoT

Physical DoT

Poison DoT

And last but not least:

Damage Mitigation (did substantial organizing, links, CA's added)

Life Leech per Hit (just added a picture)

Chance to Disregard Armor (just added some links)

Energy Shields (just added some links)

Also added 2 new modifiers to Item Modifiers: Absorption Warding Energy (opponent) and Ranged Defense Value

Much more work is coming with filling in Item Modifiers Wiki-wide (you'll notice that I made sections for them on some various pages but haven't yet filled them in). However, that will be a very big project that I'm saving for another day. Going to work on some smaller stuff for a while. :)

• Like! 1

Damage is DONE. :yay: I'm not saying it's all perfect and complete, but I gave it my best shot. My basic approach was: add all relevant info, pics, and links, then organize into sections, then standardize the format and language of any pre-existing content. Prepare for Linktober fest...Let's break it down:

Damage and Armor were the main jumping off pages. They got some of the most substantial changes. And Chattius' graph and analysis finally made it on to the Wiki. I tried to do a bit of disambiguation between Armor meaning both 'Equipment' and 'Resistance' - let me know if I pulled it off.

Next, I did each Damage Type:

Fire, Ice, Magic, Physical, Poison Ideas for these 5 pages in the future: add onto each of these pages a list of Combat Arts that inflict/protect from each damage type. Possibly also add enemies who inflict/resist each damage type.

Next came the Secondary Damage Types / Detrimental Magic Effects:

Gogo should like these pics, as he's been pining for them for some time now. :D

Chance to Burn and Chunk of Lava

Chance to Freeze and Ice Crystal

Chance to Poison and Poison Fang

Chance to Weaken and Magic Pearl

Chance to Inflict Open Wounds, Deadly Wounds, Deep Wounds, Serious Open Wounds -These 4 were already pretty solid, only medium changes by me.

Then Damage over Time:

These all DID get lists of Combat Arts that can inflict them, among other content.

Fire DoT

Ice DoT

Magic DoT

Physical DoT

Poison DoT

And last but not least:

Damage Mitigation (did substantial organizing, links, Combat Arts added)

Life Leech per Hit (just added a picture)

Chance to Disregard Armor (just added some links)

Energy Shields (just added some links)

Also added 2 new modifiers to Item Modifiers: Absorption Warding Energy (opponent) and Ranged Defense Value

Much more work is coming with filling in Item Modifiers Wiki-wide (you'll notice that I made sections for them on some various pages but haven't yet filled them in). However, that will be a very big project that I'm saving for another day. Going to work on some smaller stuff for a while. :)

Sheer disbelief :lol: Your coffee is better than mine! I love how you report on this topic Flix, it's just amazing content in itself, with the organization and links. Seeing your feed back on your work is pleasure, kind of like biting into that first bite of the rare Harvey's Hamburger...lol at least for me :bounce:

I'm particulary happy because of the nature of this game. Sacred 2 is highly focused in two areas, quests and game mechanics. The Quests is long long work, and Knuckles has, over years beein putting up those exceptional pages all across teh wiki with other pages too. Finally seeing these mechanics questions and pix get put up, and not just slap/dash but in an intelligent way to make sure that when peeps read they "get" it.

and you're right, lol, the pix in the wiki of the elemental effects are oustanding!

gogo

Ah, that settles it, I must have a hamburger for lunch today! Thanks. I'm glad you like the changes. And it's actually Code Red, not coffee. :bounce:

In-between bigger projects I like to do little side things that I've tucked away. I was thinking about these character icons/portraits from the game and wondering if they would be of any use on the Wiki (didn't quite get the dimensions normalized yet ):

lXdlVW3.gifd8IApVH.gifPCv3jFx.gifjVe6Zj1.gifVh81j2W.gifvxTEU6G.gifTw9AQrZ.gif

yxIfrmZ.gifVIFubRB.gifepV6FLC.gifNZShxso.gifMkPIM48.gifvVYJKSO.gif3EKWxrG.gif

The first set is from the dialogue windows, like when your character says something to themselves or is thinking out loud.

The pictures from the second set are seen in the rune exchange screen, and also used I believe in multiplayer for your party member's portraits. This set more than the first seems to have nice quality that would look good somewhere, even moreso if someone could cut out the circle shapes.

Just food for thought guys! Mmmm...food.

I think GUI map is awesome. It's a great filler till Schot can update the main map, and seeing portals like that, pure, is a great way to "feel" direction.

gogo

I've been mulling over the portal map thing and...

Check this out dude:

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/Sacred2FallenAngel/S2FAMisc/Misc-Maps-PortalMap.html

Are we in contact/on good terms with Wolfe of Wolfe's Lair? Is she 'competition', or just doing her own thing, or do you think she'd let us use any of her work?

That map is beautiful! Lisa (Nightwolfe's) work though, she's currently being hosted on Wolfe's lair on Spock's site, so I'm not really comfy with us using that while it's still on Spock's.

However, could you make your own map using a blank map, and update that, and add portals?

I know that Schot is wanting to add filters to his google/style map, but till then, a static map will do, as LIsa has done on her, but if we do our own, no copy right problems and Lisa work is protected.

gogo

Well I definitely wasn't suggesting a snatch and grab. I didn't know the situation really, if those pages were still being maintained and/or if they wanted to keep them separate from anything done on the Wiki.

Yep, it's no trouble for me to make a portal map myself. I was considering which map to use (it will have to be some version of the illustrated GUI map unless you guys have a blank terrain map laying around).

For example, the one I posted in my earlier post is what it would look like if I went in-game and made one, without the extra symbols:

Sacred_2_Ancaria_GUI_Map_Colored.jpg

The plus: all the towns and stuff are discovered and filled in. It would also take me like 30 seconds to do. The minus is it's not fully colored in cause I don't have +1,000,000,00 visibility range.

Here are two other blank GUI maps I could use (fully colored in, found in the game files). They're resized, low quality just for the sake of posting in this thread. I could just use GIMP and place the Portal Icons in the correct spots:

TehNJze.jpg

The plus: This one's beautifully labeled and all towns/places are discovered. The minuses: It's in German and has a watermark from some other site on it (I swear it was in the game files though).

This one is the cleanest of the clean, and fully colored. This is from the actual file the game uses for the GUI map. The big minus is that the towns aren't discovered, and neither is Multiplayer Island or Mount Island, and they're all places where I'd need to place portals. Those places only appear when discovered, and each little town and island is a separate file I'd have to paste on there.

RTQ7nrm.jpg

So which of the three seems the best option?

You consistently blow my mind with what you have and are able to do. Thanks man, I'll be cooking something up using this map that I think you guys will like quite a bit!

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates