Looking for help tweaking a Fire Elf build

I lost all my Sacred 2 characters a while ago, but thankfully still had notes for my builds.  I have been gradually rebuilding them over time and am mostly back where I left off.  When I was rebuilding my Ice Elf, however, I did not enjoy myself and stopped at the end of Silver.  I thought I would try starting a Fire Elf (not done this since before Ice & Blood!) to see if it were just those CAs I was not enjoying any more, or the class itself.  I have a basic outline for a build, but I cannot decide on some of the finer details.  I was hoping I could get some advice on tweaking those bits.  I will be playing single player, non-hardcore.

For attributes, I was thinking Int until 50, then taking a 3 Int:1 Vit ratio.  This is what I did with my Ice Elf, but Ice is a little more defensive.  Would this be fine, or do I need a little more Vit in there?

For skills, I was thinking:

Level 02: Arrant Pyromancer Lore
Level 03: Concentration
Level 05: Delphic Arcania Focus
Level 08: Arrant Pyromancer Focus
Level 12: Armour Lore
Level 18: Combat Discipline
Level 25: Constitution
Level 35: Ancient Magic
Level 50: Shield Lore
Level 65: Spell Resistance

I feel like I am trying to put too many points into skills and may need to cut back somewhere.  I am uncertain on order to Mastery too.  Arrant Pyromancer at clvl until 75 seems a no-brainer.  Similarly, Concentration and Combat Discipline can stay at 1 point and just benefit from +skills.

My first area of doubt is Delphic Arcania Focus.  I could take it to 31 to fully mod Grand Invigoration and Expulse Magic, but I am worried that my max CA-level will not be high enough to maintain enough banishing potential on Expulse Magic.  If that is the case, then I would need to bring this to Mastery (modding Shadow Step along the way), likely by clvl75.  Then again, I could ignore Expulse Magic and not require so many points, but it is such a strong spell that this seems a bad idea.

Arrant Pyromancer Focus is another area of doubt.  I feel like I need to get it to Mastery by clvl75 for regen, max CA-level, and mods for four CAs (the mods in particular have me keen to boost this quickly), but if I do AP Lore, AP Focus, and DA Focus all by clvl75 I will be very fragile until sometime in Platinum.  I keep swinging back and forth on this.  If I were to leave DA Focus at 31 and AP Focus at 21, then I would instead take Armour Lore and Constitution to Mastery at clvl75, which would be a huge defensive boon (albeit I would not be able to mod all my CAs and have lower level CAs).  If I left them until later then I would make Armour Lore my fourth Mastery (for reduced penalty and higher level armour) and Constitution my fifth.

This is where I start to feel like I am investing in too many skills.  If Armour Lore and Constitution were fourth and fifth, then Ancient Magic, Shield Lore, and Spell Resistance would be sixth to eighth, and that feels like too many skills (my Seraphim is only Mastering seven, and my Dryad six).  Originally I had Bargaining in here (nine skills!) because I lack a shopper, but swapped it out for Combat Discipline to get another skill that requires no points investment.  Perhaps I should instead swap-out Shield Lore or Spell Resistance to retain Bargaining?

For my Combat Arts, I was thinking the following mods:

Blazing Tempest: Scorch > Conflagration > Ambition
Incandescent Skin: Inferno > Revenge > Fiery Ardor
Incendiary Shower: Skull Smash > Continuity > Intensity
Ancestral Fireball: Explosion > Globe > Hot Pursuit
Grand Invigoration: Arrant Pyromancer Expertise > Life Energy > Resilience
Expulse Magic: Strength > Pentagram > Protection
Shadow Step: Phase Shift > Vanish > Mend

The order to take them is another point I am stuck on.  I was thinking:

Arcania - All three in Grand Invigoration, then all three in Expulse Magic, then (if I get there) all three in Shadow Step.  This one seems pretty straight-forward.

Pyromancer - Blazing Tempest (Scorch), then all three in Incandescent Skin, then finish Blazing Tempest.  After this, Incendiary Shower (Skull Smash & Continuity), Ancestral Fireball (Explosion & Globe), then gold IS before AF.  My thinking was that BT may need an early buff so I can efficiently mob while I build-up IS, then finish it off so I can decimate mobs.  I then want to make IS strong enough for bosses (hopefully before The Guardians in Silver), but I do not want AF falling behind and not being any good for Champions, which is why I considered splitting them.  Would this be a good plan, or would you suggest something different?

• Like! 1

Do you recall which quest drops the shield?  I do not recall anything like that,

I thought Damage Lore sounded like a good idea (it seems a good combination with fire CAs), but I saw that it is only a Secondary Skill for the High Elf.  She cannot take it without first investing in Sword Weapons, Magic Staffs, or Tactics Lore.  I am not so keen on the idea of throwing-away a skill slot on one of those.

3 hours ago, Elric of Grans said:

Do you recall which quest drops the shield?  I do not recall anything like that,

I thought Damage Lore sounded like a good idea (it seems a good combination with fire CAs), but I saw that it is only a Secondary Skill for the High Elf.  She cannot take it without first investing in Sword Weapons, Magic Staffs, or Tactics Lore.  I am not so keen on the idea of throwing-away a skill slot on one of those.

Damage Lore was moved to the left side by one of the mods, either CM-patch or Enhanced Edition. I highly recommend to use these mod: bug fixes, new items, ...

I am currently unsure if the shield will be dropped only in D2F mod or in Enhanced Edition too.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:On_the_Trail

• Thanks! 1

Thanks.  I have CM-patch already and just double-checked my Ice Elf to confirm and Damage Lore is still Secondary.  The manual for EE does not mention moving Damage Lore, but that could have just missed the manual.  The shield is a change from the EE mod too (I remember that quest, as I only did it about a week ago).  From the looks of things I would have to re-start all my characters again (after only *just* getting back to where I lost them) if I installed EE, and I am not so keen on some of the changes either, so I think I will pass on it.

• Like! 1