Hello all

I'm willing to bet a lot of you (from uni 9, Ogame) know me, or have heard of me

Thought I'd pop by while I had the chance before life goes like this- :hugs:

Awesome forum- I'll be sure to drop by again tomorrow :)

(I finally signed up, Gogo.... :D )

And hello from everyone in the Dominion :viking:

On to me-

14 years old (almost 15- plan on having a few friends over this year and watching a movie), live in Melbourne, Australia. Lived in Brisbane from birth up until I was 8. Spent a few months in India when I was 2 months old (my parents were missionaries). Have been to England in the past and will *hopefully* go again next year :)

I'm currently in grade 10, doing grade 11 maths (*nerd, apparently*). I spend most of my time doing homework, drawing, catching up with friends online, visiting people, babysitting (I love cute kids!), and cooking (mainly things with chocolate... *addict!*)

I love art, maths, science, history, psychology, and music. I hope to get a degree in Engineering, Nanotechnology, or something similar. I have no plans yet as anything could change.

I have a 19-year-old brother, we both have rabbits, I have a budgerigar, and we have a gorilla for a dad (He's got a sign he wants to put up on his office door- "Please waiting in the waiting room. The gorilla will be with you shortly" LOL)

I'm rather reserved (hence I only have a few good friends), hate large crowds, but funnily enough I'm a good worker in small teams.

I absolutely ADORE reading. Isaac Asimov, Anne McCaffrey, Tamora Pierce and Anthony Horowitz are amongst my favourite authors. They're mainly science fiction and fantasy writers.

Favourite movies include Lord of the Rings, Matrix (the first movie- haven't seen the last yet), Princess Bride (good old fun!), Kelly's Heroes. Will have to add Die Hard to the list sometime.

Favourite TV shows- Doctor Who (w00t!), Midsommer Murders, Babylon 5 (I love that show...) and... yes.

I'm a Trekkie. Not a die-hard Trekkie, but I am a Trekkie. Seen the whole Voyager series, and read a lot of Next Gen & Voyager books.

Hopefully I'll be able to persuade my parents to get out some more Next Gen and DS9 episodes soon. They're on the list which includes MASH (for the... 5th time?), Fawlty Towers, Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island, and the GOOD shows. Not like Big Brother *shudders*

Religion- Christian. Christian with strong ties to Muslims, Orthodox Christians, Hindus and Buddhists.

My father is a priest in the Antiochian Orthodox church, was a pastor in the Protestant church. He's got a lot of contacts (and so does my mum), hence we have friends from absolutely everywhere.

It's tempting to say I only like the Orthodox Christians 'cause the ones at my dad's church are Lebanese, and well... when they cook, they cook a LOT of food. We get invited to a fair few dinners :evil:

I'm currently looking for a job nearby, no luck so far. Hopefully I'll get one soon, so I can starting saving for a car (can get my L's in a year!)

And hopefully someone will read this ^^;;

*pants* And that's a brief overview.

Note- don't get me started on religious debates. :o

:)

I'll be adding plenty of things as I go along.... I've not yet written much about myself, normally I do short intros, so in future I'll copy and past from here ;)

I forgot to add my favourite pastime- arguing with Largenton LOL

Now that is impressive read from such a young person, and have no doubts that you will achieve many great things.

Thank you. I certainly hope I do. I ain't livin' and then dyin' and wastin' all my time :thumbsup:

Thank you all :)

@Dicknail- I can't understand how some people don't like maths. I normally don't do homework on Sundays, but last Sunday I just had to.... I sat down, did a whole page of equations, then spent another hour trying to find more LOL

@Erialc- I love your avatar and sig... reminds me of one of my favourite book characters :)

Edited by ebil one

Welllllll, a little brief as intros go, but I guess it will do for now. ;)

Welcome to Dark Matters, and I hope you enjoy your time here and the lovely smilies. You already used one of my very favorites. :thumbsup:

That's a great intro you made ebil, so much about yourself...and rabbits...we love da rabbits! I'm sure with a sunny attitude like yours, you must make great friends easily. Just keep up with job hunting...nothing is denied often to anyone who smiles easily and takes care of rabbits!

Glad you finally registered and made your way to the boards...we're chock full of friendlies and always wanting to meet more.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. We have a fantastic intro section in the forum, which I'm sure you'll find soon enough, and here's a link to this site's posting policies which will help get you on your way:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3754

Hi there ebil one and welcome indeed. :D

Haha, It's quite the place isn't it. Well the place was begun by ogame players who have been avid Sacred players and loyally await the arrival of Sacred 2. :oooo:

I don't suppose you enjoy fantasy games? :woot:

o.O

Now that's a quite interesting and different introduction (different in a good way :woot: )

It's not always that you find a girl who is into science and maths and especially one that has a religious background as well, what can I say, I'm impressed. :oooo:

Overall welcome to DM and I hope that you'll have lots of fun here and that you'll visit and post as often as possible. We aren't the likes to shun away "spam" as long as it's good spam. :D

You should see my best friend- her family is Christian too, and she's just totally... wacked.

It's good fun to have friends who are just as insane as I :blush:

And thank ya :D

Talking about science- anyone here done grade 11/12 genetics?

• 1 month later...

Wow...that's all I can say...well not really I like you am new but we have other things in common. I love Anne McCafferey have read all of her books and like all the stuff pretty much that you mentioned. I'm glad to see someone over in Australia likes rabbits. I have heard that they are causing some problems over there but that was a bit ago that read about that. I do have one question though what is a budgerigar? I also think it's cool your dad has a gorilla. Well I never had genetics other than the thing with the peas chromosomes and stuff like that but that was in general science class. I hope my son will take an example from you and do as well. He is in the fifth grade right now. Any way welcome again and have fun. :)

Thanks Funk ;)

Wow...that's all I can say...well not really I like you am new but we have other things in common. I love Anne McCafferey have read all of her books and like all the stuff pretty much that you mentioned. I'm glad to see someone over in Australia likes rabbits. I have heard that they are causing some problems over there but that was a bit ago that read about that.

I'm reading "Red Star Rising" ATM... great book :bow:

Rabbits do cause a lot of trouble- in Queensland (a state) it's illegal to have rabbits without a licence, mainly because so many escape each year. And we've already got a huge rabbit population :)

Hi Fox :)

I prefer to poke people with sticks and annoy them a little more subtley :yay:

It's not always that you find a girl who is into science and maths and especially one that has a religious background as well, what can I say, I'm impressed.

I like being very different ^^;; I have an addiction to being different XD

I hope my son will take an example from you and do as well. He is in the fifth grade right now. Any way welcome again and have fun

Everyone can do well, especially in the things they love ;)