Sacred 2 memory leak

Hello everyone,

I want to apologize if I am doing something wrong, but it's my first time on a forum and I don't know much about how to use it.

Anyway, I have the famous memory leak problem on my game which is the physical version of it, I can't play the game for more then 10 minutes before crashing, I don't use community patch, and elite textures neither, I have tried lots of things and was wondering if there's some kind  of solution I might have missed.

I tried to change dll from the version 7.2e to 7.2g,

changing the mem values in the options.txt (with the actual values seems I can play for a bit more, and 0 doesn't work for me),

using compatibility mode (worked years ago to make to game stop crashing on windows 10, probably wasn't the memory leak problem),

disabling some files like updater in the game's directory,

and I think some more that I can't remember right now. I would like to ask if someone have tried something that might be considered a fix, or that longers the game life (except alt+tabbing all the time).

Thank you, and sorry if I was not clear in explaining things.

Welcome to Dark Matters, Alex. The Community Patch does virtually eliminate the memory leak problem. It's the only method by which one may fully remedy this issue. Otherwise, quick-save your game regularly, especially before teleporting. Is there a particular reason why you don't want to install the patch? I hope that you don't mind that I moved your thread to the right spot.

:crigon_04:

• Appreciation 1

Thank you, I'm sorry for having posted in the wrong spot. 

I'll immediatly try the CM patch. I wasn't using to just because I had my old characters saves, and the patch notes says that are not compatible.

Thank you again.

• Like! 1

No worries about where you posted and you are welcome, certainly. I merely placed the thread where it is now so that others may benefit from it. Yes, there may be buggy quests when importing old saves. However, I have learned one fact about Sacred 2. It's always fun starting a new character and tweaking it to become even stronger. If you look through the build guides you may find something useful in that regard; don't hesitate to ask should you have any questions. Now go thee hence and slay multitudes of Kobolds!

:viking:

On 7/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, AlexEasters said:

Thank you, I'm sorry for having posted in the wrong spot. 

I'll immediatly try the CM patch. I wasn't using to just because I had my old characters saves, and the patch notes says that are not compatible.

Thank you again.

23 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

No worries about where you posted and you are welcome, certainly. I merely placed the thread where it is now so that others may benefit from it. Yes, there may be buggy quests when importing old saves. However, I have learned one fact about Sacred 2. It's always fun starting a new character and tweaking it to become even stronger. If you look through the build guides you may find something useful in that regard; don't hesitate to ask should you have any questions. Now go thee hence and slay multitudes of Kobolds!

:viking:

Thanks for helping out Hooyaah... weve made a new friend for the game...

Welcome to the forums AlexEasters!

:)

gogo