Creation of a "Formula page"

I read a lot of questions like "how much damage does this spell at high levels?", formula are the answers to this kind of problems. Infact, to properly choose which spells/CA to use it's useful (read "NEEDED") to know how much damage they will do at higher levels (but regen time, duration, Area of Effect and kind of damage are also very important).

CAs progression are quite simple and linear, but spell's progression and the way CA affect the weapon damage are not (tough they are still linear :) ).

I think it would be useful to add a "Formula" section where we can write Sacred's core formula. I myself found out the formula for spell damage (I obtained the "correct" coefficients for Wood Elfs and their spells, but I have only approximated values for all the other classes/spells (percentual error is <5% in a certain range around spell level 255)).

I also did some work on the weapon damage formula.

Note: to find the "correct values" for all the classes/spells it's only needed to spend some time in a tedious procedure to gain certain data, I wrote a simple spreedsheet that does most of the counts to find the right coefficients. I can link it and explain it if someone wants to complete my work finding the correct values that holds at any level (as I told to gogo, I quitted playing due to lack of time, so I was forced to drop my work on mechanics).

EDIT: from gogo's answer to my other post I think I've understood I've permission to create such a page, so just post your ideas / works / desire to continue from where I've left :cow_white:

Edited by gogoblender

awesome!

Shard, you think you could add specific knowledge of formulae's into each game character's base page?

For example... Daemon has a base page... you could add another link called Daemon X formulae for example relating to a specific progression of mod. Could this be a good way of organizing formulaes?

Take a look at the wiki index...could formulaes be added regarding specific areas of the game as currentlyindexed by the wiki?

This way, let's say someone is looking for daemon knowledge...they get to the base page of the Daemon...and as part of the daemon's description, we could have formulaes relating to how the daemon progresses.

This could have great utility for readers looking to connect to specific information regarding to specific character classes. I'm just trying to put my mind in the eyes of a new player, who first creates a class, and then wants to find everything about that class from one easy area.

Think this could work?

:cow_white:

gogo

First of all, when I speak of "formula" I am referring to a total of 2 formula. 1 for spells and 1 for weapons.

The formula for spells has 2 sets of constants, one depending from class and one depending from the specific spell. (Yes, Sacred's developers tried to make my "work" as easier as possible :cow_white: lucky me!^^ ).

All that we could write in the class pages are the same formula and the sets of constants, which aren't exactly interesting (the same formula all the time and a table full of horrible numbers... it is barely interesting even for me). But there should be something that gives information about how to calculate the damage output of CA/Spells where we describe those CA/Spells, I agree with you.

I think the math need to be in a single place, where it can be seen by those interested in it, to all the rest of the users the only thing that is interesting is some kind of tool that can do the counts. I would really love to add, in the AC/spell description page of each class, a link to one of the following:

1) A webpage with an automatic calculator, where you put your level, your MR and your spell level and it calculates the total damage (one webpage per class)

2) A download page for a spreedsheet (which I've already done)

I don't know if darkmatters can host solution 1 (but I don't know anything of html and java programming so I can't write the code for the page anyway) or 2, but we can always put on Mediashare the spreedsheet anytime it's requested... I think...

Do you think 1 or 2 are viable? If so than I think it's better to do it this way. If neither of those are ok, than probably we should add the correct formula near every spell and let the users do their counts.

I hope it's not too much confusing (it's kinda late and my language skills suffer from a severe negative bonus at this time of the night xD ), I'll be working on this immediatly after I'm done with attributes (but be patient... my agenda for this week has almost no free time :) ).

Edited by Shard

Hi :viking:

Formulas are tricky things in Sacred. Of course IF there is a way to make a viable one then dont stop dont sleep until you create one! :viking:

Just dont forget that in Sacred there are LOTSA things that modify for example a spell's damage. Just to sort *some* of them:

- CA (spell) level

- Mental Regen

- SB

- XX% damage to a certain damage type

- XX% damage to a certain damage type only with spells

- XX% damage to all type of damage

- other CAs amplifying the original spell

- level of difficulty where the spell is cast

- level and resistances of the enemiy who suffers the spells effect

- any other mods amplifyng the spell in any way (for ex. WIDD, PAIN)

- the related bugs (damage roll over and such)

- etc... etc...

Sadly the info listed on the ingame char sheet is (at least) *inaccurate* so relaying on that is not really possible.

Anyway GL!

Of course you are right, but to do that part of metagame that has to do with building, you only need to know the ideal output damage. I mean, if Hell Sphere damage is always lower than Blazing Disc damage is what concern you, and if the total damage of such spells is high enough to let you have your way trough enemies without too much trouble when you reach Niob (I.e.). You don't need to know the real damage you are going to deal to every kind of monster in every kind of situation. :lol:

The real damage is important once you want to develop strategies to fight against mobs/players in a 1v1/2v2/1v2/XvY basis, becaus you need to know how long it will take to you to kill your target(s).