Have your SacredWiki permissions gone wonky?

Hey guys, I'm getting some pms from peeps saying that they are having problems with the wiki. Sometimes you can get to the wiki and to pages...but if the log in didn't synch into the forum, you may not have been signed in. So please check along the top right of your page to make sure that you're logged in.

And, if this problem is persisting even after you're logged in, please post to this thread and we'll look at it....though I'm pretty sure that nothing was changed.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

I got the error message when logged in, and I could see the edit tag.

Anyway, I logged off and than logged in. I still can see all the tags (edit & co.) and I still have the error message.

I don't know if this is normal or not, but I noticed that my username and the voice "my talk" in the upper right corner are red, while all the other (my preferences,...., log out) are blue.

The error says that I need to be part of one of the following usergroups to be able to access the wiki: Administrator, Sacred Wiki Editor, Fellowship, Sacred Game Forum Staffer, Moderator, Captains. Maybe in some way it does not "see" me as part of one of them?

your group status has been changed, so you should be allowed to edit...I'm gonna do more checking on associations between the wiki and our forum. I'll be back in thirty mins on this.

My apologies regarding this btw, and hopefully it will be sorted out very shortly.

gogo

boooohhhh /cry /cry!!

Ze Wiki H8s me! :o:cow_white::(

I still have the same problem. Oh well, I need to leave soon, I'll try again when I'll be back in 5-6 hours. You know how they say.... time repair things... (theorem of the lazy person) :)

arrrrrrghhhhhhhh

big frustration here on my end with this.

As it turns out noone at all now even some of the groups that are listed that can see it, for some reason as of early this morning have no access to the wiki...in effect, making the pages not even viewable.

*computer voice*

working....working...working...

please stay tuned for further news.

gogo

I can't get in at all! :)

I cleared my cookies and it still won't work. It just kept saying something like "the server reset while loading". Halp!

Oh ack! Bad wiki, bad!

I just had a look at the user list on the wiki Myles and it shows that you do not have any permissions. Some other people appear the same way as well. :D

I'm afraid this is a wee bit difficult to resolve on the fly because when I make changes to user permissions I am not given any sort of update on a users status. Only when a user logs into the forum here will the info update it seems. :)

As a reference, these are the folks who appear not to have any permissions associated to the wiki:

(It appears that in order to update your status that you need to log in to the forum first and then log in to the wiki)

# Funkilicious

# Gial

# KOTR

# Katran

# Llama

# Myles

# Pevil

# TherionX

# Thorin

# Zinsho

Do to the complexity of our permissions set up it's been a bit tricky but we're working on it. :)

Just so you all know I've made some adjustments to the wiki configuration with regards to logging in/out. The following were set to yes. I've turned all three off in the hopes that it might resolve some cookie and log in issues:

Wiki Login

Logging in to wiki also logs the user in into the forum (default=true) Yes No

Wiki Logout

Logging out from the wiki also logs the user out from the forum (default=true) Yes No

Wiki Auto Login

If the user is logged in into a forum session, then the user is automatically logged in into the wiki. (default=true) Yes No

Ah good stuff PowerPyx. :)

On closer inspection it looks as though one particular permission mask we created for wiki users has been unassociated from the people we gave it to... Thank god we don't have too many folks on the wiki, lol. It's a bit late at the moment but rest assured that in the new day we'll have you all wikified again. :D

my problem is that the page doesn't load at all, so how can I log in? :)

Edit: Eh it just let in me... some kind of time lag? Anyway I'm in thx guys. I will post if there's problem again. :D

Sorry 'bout the pm gogo -- did not see this thread. You must be buried under an avalanche - hehe. Lot 'o work to get things started up.

I tried deleting all my cookies and re-logging to no avail.

One thing I did notice the other day -- I was logged into the wiki with my real life name, not as 'gial' (nor even 'Gial' - is username case sensitive?)

Very sorry to double post, but want anyone who has viewed the prior to see there is new material here.

I just logged out of the Wiki, and back in using my real life name and fdm password. The wiki now shows me as me (not gial) and *lo and behold* has also blessed me with the "Edit" tab as well.

Very interesting.

Whoopie! I'm hooked. What a gas this is.

Edited by gial

Isn't it wicked?

Gial, if you want, you can make another account so that your fdm account and wiki are the same...this way you'll be known for the credit for your contributions in the history tab.

I'm just so happy you're enjoying the new toy.

It's gotta be one of the most sweetest things for an active community around.

:drool:

gogo

p.s. loooooooool, powerpyx...yeah yeah :twitch: The servers we're on are pretty good actually but a bit too pricey..specially with a wiki...we'll be moving in a few months to bigger, better digs!

p.s.s. Katran, are your edit abilities back as well?