Colony [D.a.r.k.] vs. Stellar [SOLID]

Ike

As Stellar has so eloquently -- if with some embellishment -- posted, we have been having some fun in G1 for the last month or so since I took back my old account. He started probing me on and off, which just kinda annoyed me, but whatever. Then I got to chatting with someone nearby (Ranked 788) that Stellar had been hitting him consistently and he was thinking of quitting. I told him I'd see if I could eliminate the problem. I probed Stellar and saw his All-Heavy fleet and probed all of his planets. I chatted with ThE DiO, who is close by and he said he'd be happy to deal with the situation. ;)

So I did some probing to get Stellar's FS time (not more than a dozen or so in a day, not every ten minutes), but it appears that he was doing a Moon-->DF FS to an (I), so no real chance of hitting him that way. So I did some SIMs and figured I'd have to try to lure him into attacking me and get DiO to hit his return. Estimated profit = 55 MM+ with 1-2 MM loss. :o Unfortuantely, Stellar went into (v) mode a couple of time and I have been intermittently busy with tracking Spankodon and building Colony ships. Well, Stellare came out of (v) this morning and probed me. So I watched until the activity died and launched 33 IPMs at 1:293:4. I lost my pre-IPM report, but his defenses were ~

Rocket Launcher = 886

Light Laser = 320

Heavy Laser = 114

Gauss Cannon = 3

Ion Cannon = 22

Small Shield = 1

Without losses, I took:

Metal - 219,150 Crystal - 85,839 Deuterium - 21,858

Metal - 111,136 Crystal - 42,929 Deuterium - 10,931

Metal - 56,861 Crystal - 21,474 Deuterium - 5,468

Metal - 29,191 Crystal - 10,746 Deuterium - 2,737

Plus 52K Crystal from sats.

Not particularly profitable, but I am up some Metal and more importantly, up a bunch of Crystal, of which I am in constant need. What was more interesting was that 15 minutes before impact I spot activity on Stellar's Main/moon. I probe and find 50 Recs and 950K res (no deuterium) undefended on his moon and no activity on his Main. So I launch cruisers at his moon. Then I see more activity . . . 15 more recs arrive. Sadly, my cruisers were not ready for that many recs and I only kill 63. So I send more cruisers and cargos. And then more activity and 173 LC arrive. Still no activity on Main. So I send Cruisers and BS and then more waves of cargos. I finally take out 173 LC and 65 recs, and cart off ~ 650K Metal and 250K Crystal.

All told, my Profit: Metal = 1,117,521 Crystal = 717,188 Deuterium = -289,006

Stellar's Loss: Metal = 4,147,421 Crystal = 1,001,488 Deuterium = 46,994

He just probed all of my G1 planets, so I suspect I can get some nice honey for him tomorrow and perhaps ThE DiO will be posting another nice juicy HoF. :4rofl:

Anyway, it is amusing that he is all whiny when he is ranked more than 100 points higher than me and *I* am picking on him. Especially as he called me a n00b and dismissed me as unable to take out his fleet, etc. I never said *I* would be the one to take it out.

Anyway, he just IPMed 7 of my IPMs. :P I love IPM wars, especially as my planets have no defenses. :hugs:

Time to say, bye, bye defenses! :bounce:

It a solid hit. The defender didn't take it too well ic :bounce:

I would laugh more if there's follow up on this, if only to see the reaction from sour loser. They shouldn't play war game, period. :4rofl:

:)

Ike...how come your hits have all the great stories!

I have just caught up on the story this morning... alas stellar... it seems he doesn't like being on the legal end of the loser's stick when it comes round fast the second time around and he forgets to duck. :woot:

Seems there's no escaping the smack when you're wielding it Ike.

That whine thread was better than tv

Thank you

*high fives*

:dance:

gogo

what a dork, too bad hes always been a goto as far as my deut trades are concerned. O WELL, maybe he shouldnt have approached in such a whiny/complainy manner. I personally take care of all my matters with the person via pm's nicely. I find that if you calmly pm anyone you can usually resolve any matter....not by throwing down a "look at your pitiful fleet rank what could you possibly do?" He was pompous(through his own admission it would seem) and he was asking for trouble!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ThE DiO finally caught up with Stellar . . . [NN] ThE DiO vs. Stellar [solid] (TD: 194.219.000).

I sent cargos and cruisers back to his nuked planet, but he came online and sent 121 Cruisers to try to ninja me. As if. He wasn't too sneaky about it. So I figured I'd try my reverse-ninja on him. So I sent enough recs to another planet to scoop up twice his 121 cruisers, then sent four fleets of large cargos and cruisers when I thought he was online and then nuked his planet. 25 minutes later, I sent another attack of BS and Cruisers to hit at the same time as my first wave and recalled the original first wave. So if he saw the fleets incoming, he would respond by attempting to ninja and if he did not look back at the fleet coming in, he would have an unpleasant surprise. Recs timed to arrive 2 seconds after the first wave.

So first I send recs to arrive in ~ 2.5 hours.

An hour and change later I send 4 waves of LC and Cruisers to arrive every 10 seconds, with the first wave 2 seconds ahead of the recs (1:20:00 one-way).

About 25 minutes later, I send BS and Cruisers to arrive 2 seconds before the recs and recall the previous first wave of LC and cruisers.

Sadly, his fleet was not around and he sent me a bunch of stupid messages instead when he came online.

:mafia:

Well, at least DiO got him in the end. :devil:

heh

this is a better chase story than most I've seen on tv lately.

And the morale of the story is...

Don't Whine!

too bad you missed him Ike...

okay...so who's next to show up on the boards and start whining...

:)

gogo