It's all about me! Hit it!

:unsure: Do I want to do the condensed version or the saga?.... Oh hello there and glad you came in to see me. I guess I should start by saying my real name is my username spelled backwards Douglas I thought it had a kinda medieval type sound to it like that so I used it. I also go by Papadragon in a lot of the other places I visit and or have membership at. I have a wonderful wife who I love very much. We found out a couple of years after we were married that she had Myotonic Dystrophy which is like Muscular Dystrophy only it works against the nerves instead of the muscles (which is about the same any way no nerve working no muscle working). It has been a kind of slow process but eventually she won't be able to do much of anything but I will stand by her till the end. :hugs:

:oooo: We do have a son whom we concieved after six long years of happy practice. He had what was known as a Diaphragmatic Hernia which the doctors discovered while he was still in the womb and they wanted us to abort but we decided against that. They then told us his mortallity rate was 85% and if he had his mothers condition it would bring it up to 95%. We took the chance and today he is going on 11 this month and weighs 61lbs and is probably a good 4ft tall. Turns out he is almost a genius as far as intellect goes but has emotional problems that makes his maturity level about 3 years younger although when I say that I mean that he has an innocense about him a naivete not that he acts like a baby or stuff like that. I guess you could say intellectually smart and street gullible? I don't know how to put it exactly but he is doing a lot better this year with that and I think getting him on some forums is really helping him out in that respect. He is learning about people in a safe way really. He started out getting flames and stuff for his postings and someone from the forum he is in befriended him and has been teaching him along and along as have I. What got me a little miffed was that his first ct was "yet another underaged liar" which had I known that there were age restrictions I wouldn't have done it quite that way but the forum heard my pleas and is giving him a shot. His second CT after the talk was "Son of a Dragon" and now he is "Technicolor nightmare" because of one of his multi-color posts which he likes the CT. We play Sacred and Diablo together as a team when we can which he likes alot too and is pretty good at. He has Adhd and a few other things that hinders him in some areas and due to an exposed splean (result from surgery repair) he can't play sports so these things are his only real outlets. :viking:

:blink: Sorry I have rambled into talking about my family and not my self but my family is my world really. Back to me my birthday is on 9/11 as was my fathers before me. I'm disabled now due to a nervous breakdown from working at the prison for 10+ years and rheumatoid arthritic problems to name but a few. I like rpg games, video games, long walks after dark in the woods, etc. Well I guess that is about it for now. You can blame Gogo for getting me to tell you a little about myself I haven't been able to get online to play sacred yet but that should be rectified soon and I will look forward to seeing you guys here and there. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and will see you soon. Hmmm.....I wonder if I should have went with the saga version instead of the condensed version....oh still here well take care and good gaming! :)

Well met Salguod and a pleasure to meet you. :unsure:

Wow. I thought for sure it was the saga. :viking: Very nice intro and it just goes to show that life refuses to be simple and without challenge. It no doubt takes a great deal of courage to be both husband and father let alone anything else to mix things up. Cheers to you Salgoud and welcome aboard. :)

Welcome Douglas as I said before your 1st drink is on me have a good stay here at FDM and from one father to an other. Our families are our lives and the best parts of who we are.

Well met Salguod and a pleasure to meet you. :)

Wow. I thought for sure it was the saga. :oooo: Very nice intro and it just goes to show that life refuses to be simple and without challenge. It no doubt takes a great deal of courage to be both husband and father let alone anything else to mix things up. Cheers to you Salgoud and welcome aboard. :viking:

The pleasure is all mine good sir and hopefully the intro didn't sound as if I was whining or bemoaning myself. I just wanted to say that even through all of that stuff that can get mixed up in your life you can still be happy and each of those things have blessings to them as well. I have been happily married for 15+ years now and my son is great and I'm able to spend time with them and enjoy life regardless of what may come.

Welcome to FDM, make your at home. :unsure:

Thank you and it already feels like a home to me.

welcome to us douglas :)

:blink:

Thanks and it's nice to meet you all. :hugs:

p.s. Your right Evil they are and I will relish that drink with pleasure being as how it comes from a new friend and fellow father! :)

Edited by Salguod
Welcome to Darkmatters, Salguod, I am sure you will not find a friendlier patch of internet to call home :viking:

Thank you Funkilicious, that is such a cool name. Makes you want to get a funkified with it. I agree about the friendlier patch and my son just requested to be able to come on so I told him sure there wasn't anything here I wouldn't allow him to witness. It is a nice place to call home. :)

Welcome to dark matters Douglas!

In my book it takes a lot to open to people you dont know and I thanks you for it. I think you will like Dark matters and will have a nice place to come to relax from what ever RL sends your way. :)

Once again welcome and as we say see you in the bar. :viking:

That's a wonderful introduction Salgoud.

And yes, family is often the cornerstone of all our own universes.

I'm glad you and your family have made your way over to DarkMatters.

Welcome to our own family

:)

gogo

Big Welcomes Salguod A great intro there. I hope you'll enjoy it here and really make yourself at home :bomb:

Ahh and a big Welcome to you too Fox McCloud96, make yourselves at home and have fun here :viking:

Claire :bomb:

Dad, 2 things: 1. You are NOT the emperor. 2.I love you and hi. 3.Kee- 3 things. 3. Keep posting. Bye! *beep*

1. I am the emperor of our domain, 2. I love you too, and 3. :bomb: You keep posting too and be nice to people here :bomb:

Big Welcomes Salguod A great intro there. I hope you'll enjoy it here and really make yourself at home :)

Ahh and a big Welcome to you too Fox McCloud96, make yourselves at home and have fun here :bomb:

Claire :o

I will and I think it is cool that your user name is Claire spelled backwards like mine is Douglas spelled backwards being able to make cool mythical names that way is kind of neat imo :viking: