Best Sacred Character

Choosing a Character to play.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which character should I choose when I get Underworld?

• Battle Mage
    • Daemon
    • Dark Elf
    • Dwarf
    • Gladiator
    • Seraphim
    • Vampiress
    • Wood Elf

but WE's can do an awsome thing that BM's cant

they can make it snow :devil:

I voted for WE earlier, but BM can do many things that WE can't. For example, can the WE make meteor's drop from the sky? What about ghost meadow? You can cast that on any character and reduce their casting time by tons... WE doesn't have any good buffs, only CotA for constant life leach and QaaF for extra speed. Wow I'm kinda wishing I had voted DE :mafia: (darn you and your list Csaszar - converting us all to DE lovers). BM is very strong in the long run, but hard to maintain when you are low level. WE is good all the way through, it's just the buffs (or lack thereof) make it tough later on (plat/niob)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh Griff you said it yourself the BM is hard to start but very strong later. That is the thing a person should really love. You can get the reword of your hard work later. Plus the start in sacred is not that hard so if the Bm is hard to play at the start well so much the better thats what makes the game even better. :mafia:

And about the DE all the things that Csas said are the things that drive me away from it. Where is the magic in traying to make something for your self or find a way that works for you when you know that what ever you do you will be mostly safe. Havnt seen that many DEs dieing around this days. :devil:

I thought about it again a Bit more.

I came to a simple Conclusion: The best Character ... depends ... :mafia:

Personally I prefer imperfect Chars with monstrous Damage, Mass Killers and experimental Fun Characters. Just like Characters in Movies.. the perfect Ones were always the most boring to me, as well as the totally stupid & useless.

And for those Categories my newer Ranking of Favourites would be like this:

Daemoness, Gladiator, Seraphim, Wood Elf, Battle Mage.

For me, Dark Elves are not exciting enough. Mine was played up to 216 in less than 4 Days.

I mean.. it's fantastic, he is immortal: those Paks reflect almost every Spell and Projectile. Adrenaline makes him pure Steel and Testosterone makes him a totally devastating, poisonous Killing Machine.

But it's boring to play a Wannabe God, when nothing could ever harm him (mine was in Vot from 20 to 216 and didn't have even one Life Flash).

Vampires are a Bit boring in that Way, that they all tend to end as a Vamp Form Attacking Slaughter Babe.

Nothing wrong with that, they do huge Damage, find a Lot of good Stuff with Thorwyn and level quite fastly.

But to me it seems, that the only possbile Variations are Weapons..

Dwarfs.. dunno.. I've never seen a Melee Dwarf. I always see Flamethrowers or Mortar Grenades.. Greed, Trading and Forging.. Full Thar-Eross... that is soo boring. I only use them as Mule Chars and have on Greedy.. to me he has no Combat Worth ^^

Then again, there are the good and diversified Characters..

Daemoness: Whether Magic, Melee, Special Moves or Hybrid.. she is deadly with every Combat Art she has. There is nothing useless in her Combat Art Repertoire. She is eighter a Mass Killer or a freaky Damage Dealer, but always great Fun to play. She has no real Buffs, so she has to do great Damage combined with good Lifeleech to compensate her lacking Defense. That means: a Bit Work is needed.. you have to take Care of her and she'll thank it to you with toal Rocking of her Enemies.

Gladiator: A pure Melee Fighter, that can be played with Tons ot Weaponry-CA Combinations. He may get an awesome Attack/Defense Rating, but you always need to care about Damage and Reg Times.. Once you get him fit he can kill everything, everywhere with a huge Arsenal of Weapons.

Seraphim: Besides the Magic Part (what every Fool can play) she is quite a big, maybe the biggest Challenge to get her seriously fit in pure Melee Fighting. This is kinda Quest for me to get several Melee Seraphims up to Niob and be fit for at least everything except Cereprods (best would be all).

Wood Elf: She is very versatile! Whether Magic, Melee, Ranged Combat or Hybrid in any Way. She is almost always Fun to play. She has no Buffs, that's because you need to take good Care of her, especially when going to close Combat. To me she is quite a wonderful Character to experiment with.

Battle Mage: He has Millions of nice Spells that can be combine in even Trillions of Ways. He may be weak at the Beginning he'll get stronger and stronger, whether you like or not. And even a Melee Mage is going much better than one would ever expect (mine is 168 and does pretty nice Damage ^^).

But all in all... nobody here may say "This is the best Character, play him/her!", as those Statements are just personal Impressions.

The "best Character" depends on your own Preferences, how you'd like it more etc.

Simply give every Character a Shot and Decide which one you like most. Maybe you are someone who'll play all of them? Who knows.

:devil:

Therion

Hi :)

I agree with Therion more or less :)

IMHO its not a bad thing to start with the strongest getting know the game then with the gained experience then exploring every available possibility. I prefer the Dark Elves. I always loved them. But I love Seraphims too. THey are soo sweet and fragile but in the same time can wreak havoc with a girlish smile - hehe :). IMHO Wood Elves (altrough I have 2 niob ones) are finished. I enjoyed them really pre UW but now they are only shades of their former Glory - why? Sacred is all about inbalanced classes... why were lil WEs berfed to this point? :) Of course they are sheer power if they are played that way - but both ranged and magic one lost their real shine. A ranged attacks work atm is bad. Manageable but awkward and tedious compared how they worked till 1.7. And magic WEs. COTA cant be recasted now :) why:) They introduced Disc Demons who are at the start stronger than ever magic WE were AND can recast the discs.

Dwarves are fun :P I love Dwarves. Glad could be fun too. Just they are either no fun with SJ or Fad or slow like hell without them. Or not but slow anyway. Now Battle Mages are really good. They mix danger and power and they affect your own adrenaline really good! :P One of my latest ladder char is a Meteor BM who *rocks* - hehe. And Daeoms :) Oh I love Daemons.

As I already said EVERY char could be fun. Just starting with the *best* one could preserve the player to try the others. Maybe I am not right maybe I am.

To all you softies out there who like your cute, cuddly little nursery rhyme characters like WE, DE, seraphim, etc. I say you're a bunch of tattieboggling woosies! If you want a gritty, bad tempered, dirty-fighting, in your face, melee loving, ball of pure meaness, who can go head-to-groin (What, teeth aren't a weapon?) with anyone, you need look no further that the most versatile character in the game, the Dwarf!

He's a shrewd Trader, a Blacksmith without equal, a witty conversationalist (Hey, wha're ye looking at Pal? D'ye wan' a faceful o' danddruff laddy? :) ). He can use any weapon with equal facility, excels in 2-handed weapons, doesn't bother with mamby-pamby bows when he can use muskets like machine guns :P , is fantastic at ambushing enemies with traps (try laying a minefield and leading them into it!) and a mob killer without peer (combine Entrench and Flamethrower, instant bar-b-queue! Heh,heh :P ). He is also the only character in the game who can shoot over obstacles to kill monster that do not even know that he is there (Mortar Grenade) :), but where he really comes into his own is unarmed combat!

Where most toons can only do a measly 3-4 hits with their Attack CA, the unarmed Dwarf does EIGHT! Even without combat gauntlets (just bare knuckles), I have beaten Ice Dragons to death using a combination of Assault and Entrench, and would any of your pansy toons like to try that? If you use bare knuckles, you can still use a shield as well and it makes your CA animations look brilliant! (try Wrath and watch his breakdance action) :) He is far better at unarmed than the Glad and is just as good a tank, maybe better!

Heroes? He'd eat most of your toons for breakfast ................. and still want his haggis on toast!

________________________________________________________________________________

"Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master! We willna' be fooled again!

NAC MAC FEEGLE! THE WEE FREE MEN!

Edited by podgie_bear

Overall best character is wood-elf, but best for first time play is gladiator or daemon. These two are the only ones where you cannot go wrong even how hard you try. It's easy to mess up dark elf, dwarf, seraphim or battle mage by reading far too much runes and they lack most of the killing power whitout right gear (well it's not allways must on lower levels if you are more experienced player in sacred)..

Daemon is so overpowered, you don't even need to bother picking any skills or attributes to level up whitout much trouble. Gladiator is not that overpowered in hands of new player, but he has only basic combat moves and can survive just fine even whit bad gear. Also he can take more hits than others and it's easy to tank him, so you can kill stuff pretty much whitout much trouble.

To all you softies out there who like your cute, cuddly little nursery rhyme characters

That doesnt sounded quite nice you know.

Actually most my old chars 1hitted a niob level 230 Dragon. After a failed experiment (I wanted to show this to Katran but that damned Dragon lasted for 3 hits :) ) I reconstructed that particular glad to be able to do that. Best effect were produced this far by my Ettol Vamp who killed the two ice dragons with the same Attack Ca.

Hi :)

Obsession:

Granted Dark Elf could be screwed by reading too much PM and/or Testosterone at the same time. But let me think it trough again.... ah yes that would need a few hundred runes to read. Dont really a starters problem I think :)

Besides a level 20 PM supported by a level 20 Testo will get you till gold in no time + throw some leech to that and thats a safe ride.

Wood Elf is good at producing extreeme damage but you need to wither give up crowd controll for that or recast a CA every 20 sec. And why should anyone seek more damage that 1 hit kills? Ranged WE is one of the most tedious char to play - at least for me. But definitely a classy and nice char.

To all you softies out there who like your cute, cuddly little nursery rhyme characters

That doesnt sounded quite nice you know.

Actually most my old chars 1hitted a niob level 230 Dragon. After a failed experiment (I wanted to show this to Katran but that damned Dragon lasted for 3 hits :) ) I reconstructed that particular glad to be able to do that. Best effect were produced this far by my Ettol Vamp who killed the two ice dragons with the same Attack Ca.

"Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master! We willna' be fooled again!

NAC MAC FEEGLE! THE WEE FREE MEN!

RPG. In character style.

podgie_bear do you by any chance play Space4K?

Sorry, I have to admit that I'd never heard of Space4k before. I Googled it for a quick look and although it does look interesting I have never tried anything like it before.

podgie_bear do you by any chance play Space4K?

Sorry, I have to admit that I'd never heard of Space4k before. I Googled it for a quick look and although it does look interesting I have never tried anything like it before.

I asked because of the NAC MAC FEEGLE! THE WEE FREE MEN! thing there is an alliance there that has the Feegles name and keeps using that line. :blush:

"I asked because of the NAC MAC FEEGLE! THE WEE FREE MEN! thing there is an alliance there that has the Feegles name and keeps using that line. :4rofl:"

The quote originally comes from the book "The Wee Free Men" by Terry Pratchett. The wee free men in question are 6 inch high pictsies (as in Scottish Pixies?), with an attitude 6 feet high. A whole nation of Glasgow hardmen who live only to drink, fight and steal. A direct quote from Pratchett is that they are rightly feared, as should be anything that can run up your trouser leg and head-butt you in the $%£&s!

Edited by Katran

Please reframe from using censurable language. If not for our children, then our ladies in the house. I have been know to curse in real life, but only if the situation warrants it.

Now my lame excuse of getting back to the topic, I'm surprised no one voted for Glad. Glad is definite meant to be the choice for first play, as Glad will live even if you dunno how to cast CA. Too easy perhaps?

I voted the dwarf... because it can be a vicious killer with many cool Combat Arts ... And it has the greed thing which I adore above all

BUT when it comes to pure fun playing, Hardcore damage, and just overall coolness I would prefer the glad over any character at all time.

the glad is actually the most fun/strong/kickass/versatile char around there IMO, but the dwarf is just a more convenient char to have for your other characters.

promatolya

Edited by promatolya

Hmm now I wonder what character I should vote for? VAMPIRESS of course!! Only cuz I love them so much and well thats all I play so hahaha I like the aspect of ripping opponents into pieces with my claws and being a lean, mean, ripping machine. I never did like all the magic and spells that come with most of the other characters and well I just like to beat stuff up! Ok I promise I dont have unresolved issues LOL!

Hi :bye:

Obsession:

Granted Dark Elf could be screwed by reading too much PM and/or Testosterone at the same time. But let me think it trough again.... ah yes that would need a few hundred runes to read. Dont really a starters problem I think :P

Heh, then starters are much better playing on Dark Elf than I am. My dark elfs allways ends up been really weak (can't take a punch) and lacks power (not dealing enought damage), lot weaker than most other builds, even if I try do a pure trapper. If you read more or socket more runes, it will create too high regen time and will ruin the character as it's not interesting to run away after every hit like a little girl. If compared my experiences whit dark elf, I think my wood-elfs has been lot more powerfull even what style taken.. melee, hybrid, magic, ranged, support caster. Same thing whit allmost every other character types..

So my point is, if you don't know how to build a dark elf, you can mess up it easily like I allways do whit dark elfs. This is something you cannot do whit daemon or glad.

Hi :cha (18):

Obs:

Strange. I am not doubting your abilities (ofc) so I must accept that personal preferance is even more important as I thought before! :)

So I am adjusting my statement: Starting a Dark Elf with *some* advice from an already expert DE player *could* be one of the best chars to start with. A little help at start until you are comfortable with that guys isnt too impossible to get :D

My ever first Sacred char was a Wood Elf. At that time MH worked as intended and ranged attaks could be started like spells - WE was my favorite. Today I find it tedious to play. Not hard - simply boring and tedious.

Edited by Csaszar

I know the voting is over now - but I just wanted to comment on the thing between Obs and Csas... It would seem that it isn't really the build that makes the characters weaker. I have no doubt that Obs built a very good DE. But like he said - it was still weak. I'm just saying that no matter how good of a build you do sometimes a character just never works out for you.

For instance, I just built a kick-butt melee DE, and this is my first melee DE since plus. I probably screwed a lot up - or at least could have done better. Every time I build a gladiator it's weak. Way weak. I can follow all the builds in the world exactly... try my own different builds... take advice from everyone (even r00ster)... it just never works out. My glads are always really weak. Just last night Ennagelion (sorry mate - may have spelled your name wrong) was trying to explain to me how to make a good glad. Guess what? He explained the same exact build I followed 3 times. Yet somehow he thought the gladiator was great - amazing even. The weird thing was, even the gear was the exact same as what I've used in the past.

What I'm basically saying is - your playing style may limit you to seeing the full potential of a character.

In terms of variety of builds, I think the Seraphim wins that contest. Other characters are limited to a handful of options, although some people are quite adventurous in the builds they make.

• 5 months later...

Glad's a strong toon, no argument there. The sheer regen he gets naturally on his Combat Arts are incredible. I found that the few times I tried to play him there just wasn't enough of a diversity in play styles for him regarding Combat Arts.

Wish he could just had a wee bit of magic

:D

gogo