Kamikaze Sunday!

Hi Everyone!! :)

Wow we have hit #4 now! This is awesome guys! I am so glad we have come so far and have had so much fun! We have made some fantastic new friends along the way as well, which truly has been the best part of kami! :bow: Without all of you.. there wouldn't be a kami, you all make it a wonderful experience!

I have some ideas for us other than speed leveling (Which is always fun btw!) to bring in a bit of a fun change into our game. One of them is How about a Sacred treasure hunt? two teams must race through Ancaria to find various objects within a specific amount of time.

This could be when we have more established chars of course :)

Ill keep my other ideas under my hat for now.. I don't want to give any surprises away ;)

I have a full char of runes and mentors ready for Sunday (Just need to mule them down to bronze) and will have much more tomorrow as well! Oh I still need to shop!

Feel free to share your ideas and thoughts on our newest adventure into the wilds!!

Ari~ ...Cant Wait till Sunday!! :yay:

Edited by Arilaftia
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generation #4, heeeere we come! :)

Man, 4 generations... Since June the 3rd this has been going on. :bow: Looks like it's working out to about 1 month per generation and what times it has been. Region Battles, evil cookie quests, giant spider squashing, touring, oh and best of all the item sharing at the start of every Kamikaze. :yay:

I think it has been an awesome experience. Tons of fun and good times with awesome players. Oh and I have the bite marks whip lashes, meteor burns(Of my dead BM. boo hoo!) and 0 cookies as souvenirs, lol. I really really love the great fun that has come out of the Kamikaze and big thanks to all I've had the privilege to play with. Nothing but the best of folks! ;)

Scavenger hunt sounds very cool btw Ari. That could be tons of fun. A sort of 2 group race to complete differing objectives. Wow, this could go in so many directions. I need to think more on this but off the top of my head... *brain makes clunking sounds* Oh! Here's a thought... Give a certain amount of time and the group with the most amount of souvenirs of quests wins. There are many various quests which give various items either at the end and sometimes at the start even I think. That could be interesting... Ooooor! *brains makes even louder clanging noises* How about the wanted poster quest? Group that completes the most wins. ;) I'm sure there are tons of other possibilities out there.

Well I guess I better start thinking about what character I'm going to play! Looking forward to the Sunday rush! :)

Oh What a fantastic day everyone!! :mafia:

I have a bunch of pics I'm preparing to post to tide you all over till Schot polishes our action movies! The turn out was just awesome! With our new char restart we hit a total of 14 peeps at one time! (which I think is the most we've had at a kami yet!) A huge welcome to Carolyn at her first Kami! And many more I hope! The isle was covered with great gifts for everyone! I thank everyone who joined in on the giving and helping get the newcomers ready for the rumble! :( A wonderful part as well was the servers behaved and the gods of Ancaria smiled down upon us! :yay:

There were many laughs and cheers as we ventured forth against gobbies and orcs alike! Several of the group took on D'kay at a very young level! (Big Grats Guys! ) There was action everywhere, so come share your adventure!

I hope everyone who came had a great time! Cant wait to see you all next Sunday!

Be sure to toss your votes in and lets see where we should be for next week!

Pokey Pokey Vote time! :devil:

Ari~

Ahh Time for a few shots!

Looky the crowd rolling in!

kami1.jpg

More fresh meat!
:D
ahem.. New peeps!! we may have more than 14 in total a few ducked out before pics!

kami3.jpg

Rolling in the Goodies!! I do believe a few were!!

kami2.jpg

....as things quieted down the last adventurers trekked tirelessly into the desert!

kami4.jpg

Ah what a day! When I arrived on the server I just dropped my jaw. That was just an amazing run. All the players were showing there stuff and there stuff was awesome. I had the privilege of playing in a party that was making excellent use of their buffs and sharing them with the party. I love it when a party does this. It really makes the battles so much more fun! Many of us flew up to level 20 and some even went light speed up to 30. With all the people on the server it made for some fast lvls.

I haven't looked at the poll yet but I'm willing to bet we'll be playing in silver next week. :mafia: Big huge cheers to all who came out and made it a really awesome time and especially to those who brought in the truck load of runes and items for the start of the Kamikaze which you can see in Ari's pics. Wow! :devil:

Movie coming soon to a forum near you. :(

hehe Crossing fingers its higher! My new mage is Soooo much fun to play! :(

Grrrrrrrsqueakage! :devil:

Oh Im glad you didnt mind the buffing! haha Sometimes I worry I'm intruding on a players char's personal space! :mafia:

The server behaved so well that I was not kicked out for the entire session. I never exited and re-entered either, although I certainly got great mileage from my starter armor which got me at least to level 30. It was great to see the new people, although I was really rooting for a full server. Due to the higher difficulty of next week, I expect some struggles at least for my character.

Edited by Arilaftia

Hi all :)

Just want to say that I had a great time in the kami, was nice to meet some new people. Was also fun to play a support char for a change in a party where we didnt scatter after 5 mins.

Ohh ... Great screenies ari! :) Cant wait to see the movies also!

:) this was my 3. kami and this was the greatest for me :P 14 players at the moust :P !

and Schot make it silver ( if we dont are over level 60 already :) )

thats all just wanted to tell I had a great time :)

Hehe, wish I could Erling but I gave up that power long ago and is in the hands of those who would vote now. :D

Oh and I've picked out the bits of video to present just need to remix the sound, wrap it up and send it out. hopefully tomorrow! :4rofl:

Heeeeeere it is! Video is completed and ready to roll! :lol: I've prepared a Stage6 and a Vimeo upload. I think what I loved most in the videos was the buffs being shared. At one point I had 5 different buffs from the party I was in. Very cool!

Enjoy! :oooo:

Kamikaze Sunday's 4th Generation, Banzai Bronze!

:bow:

Howdys! happydance.gif

The Sunday Kamikaze is about to start in about half an hour from now. Come and join in the fun!~ The current level is 40 (silver) so come on by! There will be lots of great goodies for everyone to start off with and enjoy a great time both chatting and playing together.

I hope to see you all there!

Ari~

I suspect level 60 will be the goal for the next session. If you're going to be well above that mark, expect to go to areas that nobody else is playing in. I'm going to try getting my BM and seraphim to 60, so I'll have three character options for this coming Sunday.

I voted Gold, 70. If we do Gold 60 it would be very restrictive since you can't get to gold below 60.

If we go 60 as the target level, I'd prefer Silver, then so lower characters could still play.

Howdy All :D

This this one was most certainly the bumpiest Kami we had ever I believe. The lag was well.. best word would be incredible? :lol: Great job everyone for sticking it out and hanging in there until it evened out.

I did want to touch on the subject of level differences a bit, and see what everyones opinion is on it. Kamikaze was always meant as a time for everyone to get together and enjoy the game and each others company. I believe the safest way to accomplish this would be to have a limit range, say 10 levels higher, to help keep the lower levels safe? Flexibility has always been a major aspect of Kami and we shouldn't lose that but maybe add some boundaries in some way on this.

And of course in relation to the upcoming kami, Vote on where you want to play, and watch the poll as the week rolls along. We will always be flexible to switch servers to include as many as we can.

What do you think? I know this was brought up before in previous Kamis, but I wanted to

see what thoughts you have on this currently and get some ideas how we can make our Kami events better safer and more fun for everyone.

Ari~

I think 60 is a realistic goal and silver is a better choice to be the most inclusive.

I have often thought having a 2nd room for kami at a lower or higher level (when the main kami is in restart ) might be a good choice. if the main kami is at level 120 and you die its hard to make up all those levels in a week to play again the next week at level 140. having a nursury room (level 10 and under maybe) might be a solution. We lose poeple everyweek who die and just cant make it back up on a new toon to join us. With the lag and bugs so prevalent lately death isnt just the result of poor play anymore for any of us. having a place for those who need to restart or those who dont have a toon the right level would be a way to keep them involved in kami (and D.a.r.k). I know I had to wait 3 weeks to join my 1st kami as the level was over 100 when I found out about it and my closest toon was level 40 (and died soon after while trying to reach level 100 in breakneck speed) And for those like carolyn who never admit to having a toon over level 60 or so its a way to involve on a regular basis those who play too rough with their toons *g* ... or only play once in a while.

Very important point you have indeed Ari. As a captain as well as a player this has been a concern of mine as well. Having a large difference of levels among players in the Kamikaze can certainly complicate things and very well put the lower level players of a Kamikaze at risk. It's the simple fact that when the gap between player levels is quite great there can be mistakes of unknowingly spawning high level enemies in an area where a lower level player is playing. Not only that but the there is the temptation for low level players to party up with a high level player thus getting in over their heads. Not only that but it makes the event somewhat stressful for a game captain I can honestly say, lol. I think it comes naturally that when being a GC there is a sense of responsibility that is felt and #1 priority is to ensure the safety of those involved. Allowing a large difference in levels really heightens that priority making it difficult to think about anything else while keeping a check on everyone. And of course a great aspect to the Kamikaze that I used to enjoy was that in the first generation Kamikaze participants would all be the same level which made making up parties very easy. Anyone could be part of any party without the burden of spawning enemies too high for others to handle or simply not enjoy handling as much as they would if enemies were spawned based off their own level. One other I enjoyed was that drops would be just the right level for anyone in the Kamikaze so come the following Kamikaze when we share our drops the items would be the perfect level for anyone joining in the event.

Personally I would enjoy seeing the return of more balanced levels among participants. The 10 level flexibility would be a perfect compromise I think as well. :twitch:

@mom:

A second room for those who have fallen out of the Kamikaze has often been on my mind mom. I think you mentioned it during the 2nd generation and although I thought it a nice idea I also thought that it might be a bit complicated as well. Ultimately I think it could divide participants and in the process cause the number of participants to plummet. Having it at a different time would likely reduce this happening however. Maybe a Saturday thing to do? At the moment there really isn't a lot of people playing to fuel events and is why I've been reluctant to have another sponsored event but certainly Sacred 2 will provide that needed population. That said and should some folks fall out of future Kamikaze's I whole heartedly encourage those folks to gather and play until they're able to rejoin the Kamikaze. :D

Now if we are to maintain a level cap in the Kamikaze I think it would be a good idea to set a voting start/end period of say Sunday to Thursday. This would give participants enough of a notice as to what the cap will be and level their characters accordingly.

My 2 cents. :P

Please Sign In or Sign Up