Kamikaze Sunday!

As usual, Schot's 2 cents is worth about a dollar. I know that when I fell out of the Kami, and it was beyond hope to catch back up, I tried to keep playing several different characters, while prepping for the next Kami restart.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the 10 level or so level caps that way everyone is safe. it's a nightmare as a GC at times to try to keep everyone happy and safe and the essence of the Kami for me from it's inception with Schot was that it is fun for all. But there is nothing wrong with having boundaries for the greater good. :)

A second more laid back could be one idea as Mom mentioned and I'd be willing to participate as a GC if there was enough interest (atm for me the current Kami is at a bad time for me so I only attend for a few mins if at all :dance:). Although I feel for the Sunday Kami to be split it could be difficult atm.

Anyways nothing really new to add there just my 2 pence :cha (18):

I like the saturday idea. An olly olly oxen free game starting back up would be nice. (and it would also give potential new members a time to play with more of us to get required noms guarenteed each week)

ok I feel very bad after last kami because I was so high level :P:) so now I have 3 toons a level 60 a level 62 and a level 65 depends on what the level u other guys play and it seems like its around 60 so I wont play any of those before in kami if any of them fit in :):)

I'm looking forward to it!

Edited by Erling

Given that the lag has been REALLY bad on the servers on Kami as well as the times I've been around, my only recommendation is to have a toon that can survive those lag spikes. At the moment, I believe Silver would be a better way to include more people. Kami went off to a great start with 14 people playing and our next session was around 10. Having the lower server difficulty should keep the participant levels up. I now have three characters that can play Gold ranging from 70-60.

I know for me schot sat at like 8pm est is a great time usually since I'm usually home then. I tend to only liek to shop during daylight hours unless its grocery shopping on friday nights before the tourists strips the shelves of stuff. But I'm not sure if its the best time for everyone else?

Ahh bad time for me as the kids are now with me every weekend so unless its at night for me it's not possible for me, though I will try to fit it in if I can. Good times for me are after 6pm my time (gmt) hehe got to love those time diffs :P

ahh Moms that would be a perfect time! :) I hope that will be ok with everyone I can try to be flexible but we all know how it can get with the wee ones running around.

hehe totally off topic and because I am soooo excited I have my mate coming over tonight ( in a few mins) to give me my first proper lesson in silver smithing.....runs off to prepare for some alchemy! hehe but it's only a one off for a saturday night as she had some free time tonight! woo hoo

It was another laggy session, and the group was forced to use two servers to make the experience manageable. I heard about EvilMale's loss of his seraphim, and I wish him well on the rebuild. I did find an unexpected bonus from the Talia Mel set which allowed me to share my special damage with one person in the party. I thought it could be a server glitch, but I did the same thing to Gial and Ari on separate servers. I expect this is an overlooked bug with the set, but since we'll likely be done with this generation before any more potential patches I might as well enjoy sharing this unexpected boon with others. Given that we lost one player, I'd like to suggest level 70 Silver/Gold for the next session.

Howdy Everyone!

Yes, this weeks been bumpier than the last, (Im starting to think Asceron wants us to live up to the Kamikaze name!) :D Seems their servers were happier with less people :hugs: But on the plus side the group I led had a great time. We did lose Evil to the wretched orcs of OC but he was in good spirits and took it all in stride with the rebuild already underway. :P

Now Lets not assume what level next week will be.. Ive reset the poll and am awaiting the go ahead from Schot to announce when we can restart the voting (Theres some background editing that needs to be done first) and we will go from there.. Announcing a number so early in the week only adds to confusion the rest of the week. So be sure to come back and check in or ask me and Ill let you know where we stand.

I do have a few shots of the action which I will get all pretty to post later today, we were few with lots of laughs and fun, But lets keep our fingers crossed we wont be split up for next week, its just not the same! :4rofl:

Ari~

Aaaaand.. The go ahead is in! :)

Oh boy that was indeed kinda rough. It was one of those runs that make you certain that you'll be dead before you know it. Literally, lol. Still, I'm always pleased to be running around with friends on the server. :) It was unfortunate that we needed to divide into different servers which did seem to help. On my own end I think I was just doomed to experience bad lag the whole way through. While the lag had eventually subsided for most I just couldn't shake my lag. :( Oh well. Win some lose some eh, heh. Very sorry to read of your loss Evil. :( Let's hope those undead caves can rocket you through the levels.

Oh and I do believe I've got a family photo or two of us. I'll dig around for that. :) Here's to a kinder happier server next week. "Nice server, goooood server"

Well as for me getting my seraphim ready in time for next week Its looking like a big fat no chance. But.............. on the positive side of life I was able to rocket my MS BM to level 50 today, so........... what ever the level is and if I dont run into any unforeseen snags I will be in action for this coming Kami. As for my seraphim hmmmm well we will just have to re-build her any way she was just too much fun not to play.

@ Ari:

C-C-C-COOKIES!? :4rofl: Aaaaaaaaah!! :) I'll get you yet! *shakes fist*

Oh and your welcome! :D

Ah and looking forward to the latest in MS madness evil. :D

Here's a lil capture from last weeks Kamikaze and some of the adventurers who came for the ride. See you soon! :ninja:

4thKami.jpg

Howdys! :wub:

The Sunday Kamikaze is ready for business. The server is open in Gold with the levels ranging around 80. Come and join in the fun!~ The official game will start in just an hour! There will be lots of great goodies for everyone to start off with and enjoy a great time both chatting and playing together.

I hope to see you all there!

Ari~

Well I hope you guys had fun I am truly sorry I wasn't able to make it for the full thing. But I was able to stop by and say Hi. Things have been getting crazy around my house in RL and that has to come 1st. and I have been busy with my video trying to get it up and going. Well Hope to catch y ou guys soon.

Cheers

EM

Oh thats alright Evil! It was great to see you, even if it was for a few minutes :mafia:

What a great game today! May have been a record one as well.. 7 Hours long!! As people would trickle out others would come! It was great to meet some new people today! I hope they had alot of fun and come back for next weeks as well! I do love fresh meat eer.... I mean..Enriching our game with new players! :mafia:

The servers did their normal lag shuddering but eventually evened out so we could share the same servers!

Ill give the normal notice of the poll resets shortly then we can decide where to work for for next week!

:D Great game everyone!! :P

Ari~

Oh that last Kami was great fun. Got off to a bumpy start but things improved greatly in a short matter of time. That was surely the longest Sacred Kamikaze run I've ever done. ;)

Oh and here's a crazy thought... Was chatting on the server the other day about the Bounty Hunt quest and got to thinking it could be fun to make a race of it. Two parties playing on two different Kami servers who race to complete the bounty hunt quest. First to finish goes and brags about it to the other party. The proof? Show the prized amulet for all to behold! :woot:

What do you think?! :twitch:

Please Sign In or Sign Up