The Expedition thread

locutus

Welp, im not at work and have nothing to do so im starting the thread so everyone can post their expedition wins/losses or whatevers. I think the idea is kinda dumb but at least it adds a fresh new angle to an aging uni...and a somewhat unchanging game.

Im researching level 3 now and sent 25 beezers with 50 large cargoes to see what this whole thing is all about. With my luck I'll get the "There was nothing out there and your commanders played cards and drank for a while before returning with 1 deut they saw floating by the window"

Let her RIP folks. I wanna see some pirate HoF's :4rofl:

RESULT EDIT: We found the remains of an alien ship. We found a little container with some Dark Matter on a shelf in the cargo hold!

You got Dark Matter 111.

Well at least I wont have 0 dark matter like I always do :ninja:

Edited by locutus

Ok I done my first, sent 85 sc 10 lc and 10 probes.

We came across the remains of a previous expedition! Our technicians will try to get some of the ships to work again.

The following ships are now part of the fleet:

Espionage Probe 91

Entry from the machines officers logbook: Sadly we do not have enough capacity to bring all those nice ships home.

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It seems that this part of the universe has not been explored yet.

:4rofl: This IS weird randomness. Not to say you need to hold at least an hour with this. I dunno about the warning, but this might be an alternative way to fleetsave, an expedition shouldn't be able to get phalanx right?

Anyway I don't need probe, just give me a deathstar instead. :ninja:

Ok I done my first, sent 85 sc 10 lc and 10 probes.

We came across the remains of a previous expedition! Our technicians will try to get some of the ships to work again.

Espionage Probe 91

Entry from the machines officers logbook: Sadly we do not have enough capacity to bring all those nice ships home.

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It seems that this part of the universe has not been explored yet.

:4rofl: This IS weird randomness. Not to say you need to hold at least an hour with this. I dunno about the warning, but this might be an alternative way to fleetsave, an expedition shouldn't be able to get phalanx right?

Anyway I don't need probe, just give me a deathstar instead. :ninja:

I can't get to the ogame forum & I haven't read about this yet... so I'm kind of confused.

what happens when you upgrade the expedition tech?

So far as I understand EXPEDITION level has two features-the higher it is the longer your fleet can explore. Level 1=1 hour, Level 2=2 hours etc. In theory the longer yer there the more chance you have of something happening I guess. Also the level determines how many expeditions you can have out. Expedition # = expedition level square rooted. Ex Level 4 = 2 expeditions, level 9 = 3 expeditions etc.

After 2 hours of holding...

At ----, as it came to a battle:

Attacker Undone (X:XXX:XX)

Weapons: XXX% Shields: XXX% Armour: XXX%

L.Cargo 150

Battleship 36

Dest. 44

Defender Aliens (X:XXX:XX)

Weapons: XXX% Shields: XXX% Armour: XXX%

L.Cargo 63

H.Fighter 3

Battleship 15

Dest. 18

After battle...

Attacker Undone (X:XXX:XX)

L.Cargo 88

Battleship 30

Dest. 42

Defender Aliens (X:XXX:XX)

destroyed!

He captured

- metal, - crystal and - deuterium.

The attacker lost a total of - units.

The defender lost a total of - units.

At these space coordinates now float - metal and - crystal.

The chance for a moon to be created is 0 %.

<_<

Second one, sc 200.

Your expeditions doesn't report any anomalies in the explored sector. But the fleet ran into some solar wind while returning. This resulted in the return trip being expedited. Your expedition returns home a bit earlier.

:4rofl: This is a waste of time... unreliable and risky too.

Ouch there undone. :ninja:

"On an isolated planetoid we found some easily accessible resources fields and harvested some successfully.

You got Metal units of 100.000."

yea, it not worth to send normal fleet for that, but probably its good enough to sent some rips over night :(

Here's mine:

The following fleets met in battle:

Attacker: DarkIndy13

S.Cargo...10

L.Cargo...50

L.Fighter...10

H.Fighter...10

Cruiser...10

Battleship...10

Dest....10

Battlecr....10

Defender: Piraten

S.Cargo...2

L.Cargo...15

L.Fighter...6

H.Fighter...3

Cruiser...2

Battleship...3

Dest....3

Battlecr....2

-- After battle --

Attacker: DarkIndy13

S.Cargo...7 ( lost: 3 )

L.Cargo...44 ( lost: 6 )

L.Fighter...8 ( lost: 2 )

H.Fighter...9 ( lost: 1 )

Cruiser...8 ( lost: 2 )

Battleship...10 ( lost: 0 )

Dest....10 ( lost: 0 )

Battlecr....10 ( lost: 0 )

Defender: Piraten

Destroyed

The attacker has won the battle!

Battle Result

(Assuming the attacker got the debris..)

Attacker lost: 0

Defender lost: 0

Total Damage: 0

Converted with Invader Skodge's CR Converter 3.5

At first I thought "cool, free debries". Then I noticed there are no debries to collect. :(

I got 1 lot of nothing, 1 lot of 11,256 metal (woo HOO! :() & 1 combat (lost 2 LCs & 1 probe). Damnit! I want enough dark matter so I can "use" a Deut Merchant!

I do wonder whether I should build some more RIPs & use them...

We found the remains of an alien ship. We found a little container with some Dark Matter on a shelf in the cargo hold!

You got Dark Matter units of 163.

Oh joy...

Well, from now on I'm just going to send like 1 SC at a time and hope for dark matter. That's all. Reason? While it's not mentioned in the official news thread, one of the thing that can happen on expedition is the whole fleet exploding.

http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid...ilight=meltdown

Funny how they've left out such an unimportant detail, isn't it?

Defender Aliens (6:304:16)

Weapons: 180% Shields: 190% Armour: 190%

Those Aliens were packing some serious techs!

EDIT: ok thats two attacks back to back.... there getting RIP'd next time!

Edited by Firefly

My best result from an Expedition so far:

11-28 22:44:29 Fleet command Expedition Result

Heavy Fighter 6

Espionage Probe 22

Small Cargo 47

Cruiser 2

Light Fighter 4

Entry from the machines officers logbook: Had we brought some more ships with us, it would have been easy to take some of those beauties with us!

:(

OK, 4 more:

1) 4800 crystal

2) Nothing-apparently the crew took a "great picture"

3) I got 21 SC, 33 LF, 20 HF, and 33 probes Whoo-Hoo If only that happened more than 1 out of 10 times.

4) Expedition got "lost" and is now taking 10 HOURS to get back...10 hrs:) get real!

Hey guys, as you can see from here:

http://www.ogame-world.com/calculators.php?link=expeditions

74 Large Cargo and 152 battleships (maybe a few cruisers added in as RF) is the best possible fleet for an expedition.

Mine have all been failures but one, where I got a bit of crystal. >_> Raiding is obviously much better, but I do admit these are fun. :D The deut merchant sux for fleeters, big time. People who trade me deut (like llama) have already said they are looking for one. :) So, I am quitting uni 9, playing just my uni 2, and I will see what happens from there. Was nice playing here though. ^^

One of my friends (rank 6 u14) did get HoF'd by aliens (lost 10kk res), but other then that I have not seen many people pwnd lately...

PS: Dark Matter really isn't all that great, it takes a whole lot of Xped'ing to get enough of it to do anything. Just ask a Ogamer from .de and they will assure you of that. :)

Edited by Blade

Sent 2x 1 SC missions on 4 hours hold.

Our expedition accomplished a unique experiment. They were able to harvest Dark Matter from a dieing star.

You got Dark Matter units of 354.

On an isolated planetoid we found some easily accessible resources fields and harvested some successfully.

You got Crystal units of 4.

Edited by Indy13
I'd still happily trade you what little deut I have, but oh well. No way am I paying for darkmatter just to get a better trade ratio.

As I have the fleet slots free, I might as well send small expeditions to try & get some dark matter... Not sure I'd want to pay real money for it, but using some un-used fleet slots & a bit of deut per day sounds like a reasonable thing to me. And it's not a small increase to the trade ratio - from, say 1:1 for crystal:deut to 2:1 (ish). That would be 20m crystal instead of 10m...

Sadly enough, llama is right. Sucks to be me. :D Also, Dark Matter isn't the only way to get a merchant. You can find them too. :(

I guess this is one way to kill off the last true fleeters of uni 9. :sick:

I will never again play fleet like I have in the past years, unless they change the rates.

It costs 2500 dark matter to call a merchant, and the chances of finding one on an expedition are probably pretty slim. Also, the issue of storage space means the merchant wont be near as popular as people think. For instance, my level 7 crystal storage on my home planet gives me just 1.4mil storage space, so if I was selling deut for crystal to the merchant I'd have to repeatedly buy 1.4mil crystal at a time. If I was selling, say, 5mil deut for 10mil crystal, that would be 7 merchants I'd have to use, which is 17500 DM. It would take an age to gain that much just from expeditions, and as I said before I don't intend to pay for it.