Who else takes time to SB Train

I set everything up before I left this morning. It was a struggle to get it done without the wife seeing what I was doing. She knew that something was going on and made a heroic effort to wait around until I was ready to leave. In the end she had to admit defeat and I was able to proceed.

She just wouldn't understand.

Of course, I can't guarantee that I will get home before she does.....

Hi :woot:

Lol guys! I dont need to be convinced - hehe better said: I cant be convinced on this one. Its proven and it works.

Schot:

If your new toon is a general one (one who was in the mind of the devs when made Sacred) then you should have low level of magic find. Now the trick is:

- we need a relative low level char

- with really low SB - this means he/she lvld much faster at the first few lvls than a "normal" char

- ability to kill pretty fast (area of effect damage is preferred)

- he needs to have unusual amount of MF (compared to his/her level)

This *could* sound difficult but in reality its pretty easy to do.

Ah that would make sense Csaszar. SB affects how you spawn enemies. During the time when your SB increases to the next % the enemies presently on your screen will not be affected. Their stats remain the same, or should... So for those enemies that haven't been affected by your new level of SB might appear to give nicer drops. Or it might just be chance... I know that I've often thought that when my character gets his next level that drops briefly are better. However it has never been consistently proven. Oddly enough I've never really noticed any special drops when starting a new character whos SB is rising quite often. Maybe I'm missing something though. :twitch:

On the other hand I notice a consistent improvement in drops when I play a level 1 character with 97% SB. Whats even more cool is that when your new character starts off at level 1 with very high SB the things you get from chests, boxes and barrels is much much better. ;) When I did this the first time with a test BM of 97% SB I just ran around Braverock opening all the chests to see what goodies were there, lol. The things I found were those blue or yellow items. Not sets or uniques but still much better than the usual white items you would get with average SB.

Now here we are speaking of entirely different matters.

A VERY low level char (especially lvl1 ones) is a special case. He will have the same base chance to MF/TRADE (and such stuff) as anyone else BUT the modifiers modifiing theese base values will be enchanced greatly. This makes the lvl1 trader SOOOOO powerful. Of course this affects SB too. So if your toon at lvl1 with 97% SB than this huge amount will modify his/her chance to find great stuff to a much greater value than my level 200 Daemon. In short: 97% SB at level 1 worths much more than at higher lvls.

Sadly level 1 is really a temporary state of your char and you cant "freeze" your xp to be able to run around killing monsters and getting godly drops. The higher witll get (in lvls) the more will the effect of the huge starting SB decrease - and you cant do anything against this. The huge drop rate bonus will diminish really really soon. Ofc having 97% SB will be still abolutely useful - better drops and slightly better damage than a "normal SB" char but my post was aimed at the MF.

What I wrote was how to use that golden moment after your SB increases. Take it or leave it.

First this techniqe was used in Softcore where your char respanws after a death experience with a reseted SB (to 0). This allowed many many times to commit suicide JUST to reset SB to finally find out: with a very high amount of MF + a constantly growing (changing then ater reset again changing) SB will provide you MUCH MUCH better results than having the same amount of MF with a 99% SB.

In HC this cannot be reproduced fully because we would loose the chars at death. So the only remaining option is to use the above method is to level a char very fast (that means lesser amount of SB at the same time) then amass lotsa MF on him (/her) then try to continously have a killing spree - to catch the moment when your SB grows. The lower your SB and the higher your MF are the more successful you will be.

I never ever stated that this is the only way to heaven - just tried to share something different than the mainstream.

Csaszar signing out.

lol sil. Ah the wife was onto you eh. Hehe. I bet you did get home faster. :D

@Csaszar:

All very good points though I don't understand your last statement. You consider this trick to be mainstream? :) Also I guess I should point out the fact that my interest in raising SB this way was solely for the use of Bronze and Silver servers where SB to level ratio has the greatest impact. Specifically only used for new level 1 characters. Granted anyone at any point could use the trick. Oh and for those interested here is the MF equation supplied by Ascaron:

Unique = BoniCreature/Boss + SB%/2 + Root(MagicFind*100)

• 2 months later...
I'm working on an explanaition of the trick I use to improve my SB easily and should have that done tomorrow. :bow:

@ Schot - I guess I'm being totally dense as I don't see where in the thread you posted the explanation or a link. I'm curious to know what you did as I have my own trick for SB building in HC and am curious if there's something better. (I generally only share mine in-game as it borders on an exploit so have never posted it on SIF.)

Edited by masteff

Masteff....His is the same as your trick but just in a different spot. Never ever SB trained till the other night. Got 80% in the 1st session (8hrs) and another 10% the 2nd time I did it.

Combine that with the MF I socketed and I almost have 2 full sets found at level 18