Multi-purpose deamoness

Hello everybody

This will be a multi purpose ass smacker :P.

This is not very innovative build but my main points is to open a disscusion on some topics

Skills - I have no toon over level 80 so what I write here is from what I read on other posts

1.Weapon lore - 1 or 100 (depends on whether character is experienced or not :D - I hope you cathch my devious drift)

2.Concentration - 100 - 140

3.Dual wielding - 1

4.Magil lore - I would like to make it 80 - 120

5.Meditation - I would like to make it 80 - 120

6.Armor - 100

7.Constitution - 100 - 140 (thats what I read)

8.Anything - anything :)

Weapon lore concentration - obvious - elemental deamon forms and damage

Dual wielding - well in the start having two weapons is nice. Also I noticed that having two weapons in slot alway gives me more poison damage then having one twohanded weapon. Other wise maybe agility would be nice here. I`ll disscuss it later.

Magic lore and Meditaion - I want this to make infernal power and tentacles really going. And here is my first question. Some people do chose Hell Power instead of Meditation. Why? From my point of view I see meditaion lot more efficient. Hell Power comes when one uses spheres/discs or choir, I guess. But with meditation you can achieve a lot higher level of each "magic" deamon skills. Also I noticed that having this skill at level 50 gives you aprox. 100% to speed and 100% to regen. compared to "godly" 300%regen of meditation. What is the boost at level 100? I only see a sense in combining these two for best effect.

Armor and constitution - obvious - for bigger bunnies and less blue motorcycles :wub:

8. Anything - here I have several questions

1. Hell power - as I said. No use to my character cause it will be poison/soaring deamon, not disc/spere/choir

2. Parrying - I dont understand this skill much. Shouldnt this be only efficient only with shield? My guess is that it never reaches or goes over 100%. Am I right? I understand it as percentage of possibility that shield will do a complete block (before counting in the rest arm./def.) I am clueless so please correct me.

3. Agility - I often read that 50 is enough and mainly for defence purposes. Well with deamones attack rating is not a big deal(infernal power/poison ring) Is the bonus for defence really worth? I know that the higher you get the skill the lower bonus you get but anyway wouldnt points in armor compensate for it? Is it a paltinum/niob musthave?

4. Trading - and this is my main problem. I wanted this skill but I do not see it (level 50...). Can deamoness choose it or not? I like this skill so much. It was so nicely described in other forums.

CA skills

Soaring deamon/Poison deamon

Right now at level 50 I have well developed poison deamon for mass killing

You can easily (not particularly fast...) kill dragons on silver and even ranged enemies arent dangerous while the radius of ring is enough, just come to them and when they run away they will stop in the radius of poison ring

Soaring deamon is a backup. Traveling and when I fight undead in combination with infernal power. That is while poison is not particularly effective (now). Another question here. Does the attack radius grow larger with higher level?

Infernal power - fire damage + nice attack rating - use it with fire weapons

Tentacles - right now just against undead. I noticed in single player that sometimes you dont get experience from skelies - it is maybe because they shouldnt be dead so early...

CoD - oh well... level 36 is max. efficiency (I read this)

With this build you can choose any CA. If you choose hell power then you can be proficient even with spheres and discs. Another question here. Chosing every CA would propably ruin rune drop rate. Is that correct? How do mages cope with this issues. I wouldnt be that worried if I knew how to mule in single player (my internet connection is baaad... I cant do internet multiplayer ;) )

one more question

what are the boosts for skill at level 100 150 200 - I will try to find this somewhere ( or do you have some good link?)

weapon lore (magic lore)

concentration (meditation)

armor

constitution

hellpower (heavenly magic, elemental magic moon magic and associated) (would say that agility follows simmiliar path)

parying

All this bring to me an idea making a general description for skill and suitability for toons. Such an topic would be like ummm hint to any build.

Thank you. I hope I chalenged someone.

Merry Christmas (soon)

Edited by chrenus
  • 5 months later...

I'm not sure how much of this you've already found out already, but see if this helps out anyway:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3857

is a page added by Myles on skill progression - might answer your questions about parrying and agility. As far as I can see, the extra bonus of parrying + shield is the defense bonus the shield gives by itself that parrying would amplify. But I don't think parrying w/ shield and parrying w/o shield have different progressions.

As for trading: The demon has no trading skill. The underlying logic being anything from "she's too frightening to haggle" or "her shop is the battlefield" to "she's just not the shopping type, being a spawn of the underworld and all". It really is a shame, though.

And last but not least, my thoughts on hellpower: I have a new poison demon, myself. I PLAN - haven't tried yet - to use descent as a secondary attack against single opponents and poison resistant groups. My thought is to use a fire damage two-handed sword and hellpower in combination with descent. Stole the idea from one of therionX's guides. What do you think?

hope I could help.

Just one more thing I found about Parrying(with/without shield):

translation from a german forum.

"

Parrying (with shield)

64 Points: 415% defense bonus (up to here, the bonus is raised 30%/10 points)

91 Points: 475% defense bonus (up to here, the bonus is raised 20%/10 points)

206 Points: 587% defense bonus

216 Points: 592% defense bonus

255 Points: 609% defense bonus

Parrying raises the defense of your character. The values here apply only to characters with a shield.

Parrying also has an effect without a shield, with dual wield or with two-handed weapons. However, the defense bonus is substantially lower.

Defense only applies to melee and ranged combat, not to spells.

Advice: 64 points if agility is skilled as well. Without agility 91 points.

Parrying (without shield)

45 Points: 235% defense bonus (up to here, the bonus is raised 30%/10 points)

64 Points: 277% defense bonus (up to here, the bonus is raised 20%/10 points)

206 Points: 392% defense bonus

216 Points: 396% defense bonus

255 Points: 407% defense bonus

Parrying raises the defense of your character. The values here apply only to characters without a shield.

Parrying also has an effect without a shield, with dual wield or with two-handed weapons.

Defense only applies to melee and ranged combat, not to spells.

Advice: 45 points if agility is skilled as well. Without agility 64 points.

"

Here's the address if you know enough german to know which skills the numbers apply to. Or if you can see from context...

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=33821

nokka

I'll be honest and say that I'm always torn between having to choose between Parry and agility for my daemons. Parry does give about a third more of a bonus with a shield. The thing is, I was mostly duel wielding, so that 1/3 would be lost. What to do. Take parrying anyway? Or go to Agility instead? The interesting this is that with agility you get a better "to hit" bonus...thereby increasing your chance of hitting correctly all the time and hastening the speed at which you can manifest damage. It's quite a difficult choice to make, and since I was mostly working with magical daemons, I forsake the smaller defence bonus of agility, completely forgot about it's bonus "to hit" and went straight with Parry no shield. The results were pretty good, and I was able to get a magical Daemon up to Niobium this way.

Chrenus, regarding trading in sp, you've got this guide here which I hope will help:

Prism's SP MasterGuide

Regarding Duel Wielding, I would suggest it ONLY if you have picked out the two weapons that you wish to build the Daemon with. In my case, I stuck to using two Prototypes. Exceptional RSM, Crit, and Plenty of extra magic damage.

Duel offers no extra damage at all for two weapons after gold was released, and the only benefit from taking it is if having double your chosen mods is of benefit, and... it's far easier to get boosts from your CA slots with combinations of both weapon/shield as well as weapon/weapon. You can find rings with plusses to Combat Arts of 6, maybe seven per. Two weapons with sockets of three each with rings of +6 CA in each adds up nicely to a great CA boost.

Probably the most important Combat Arts to use with the Daemon would the be infernal power and COA. Nothing in the game beats out the progression of it's damage, and combined with WIDD, the effects are apocalyptic :4rofl:. Infernal Fire has the best increase of chance to hit amongst every CA in the game, even beating out all the glad Combat Arts.

It looks like you're having fun with the Daemon Build, looking forward to reading about it more.

:twitch:

gogo

But, there's one thing I wonder about when it comes to Dual Wielding...

Ive noticed that when I choose dual wield. Having two Identical weapons.

It seems my Static AND my Actual Dmg is Higher when I single with shield.

Any thoughts of what this may be caused by?