DarkMatters now offers three RSS Feeds

The DarkMatters Site now offers two RSS Exports.

1-DarkMatters (Sacred)

This currently the most active section of our site and it's feed is updated every minute and will list our latest 25 Topics.

2-DarkMatters (All Topic/Unsecured)

This Feed will bring up the latest 25 Topics that have been posted from all of our non-secured forums on the entire site..

For a tutorial on how to easily pick up one or both of our channels refer to this link here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4690

We hope these new services will help enhance your experience here with our community and that the RSS exports will help you in browsing all of our latest topics from a distance.

Cheers!

:4rofl:

gogo

• 2 months later...

There is a new Sacred 2 RSS feed, which brings up the total number of feeds which export from this site to 3.

1-Sacred (All posts from that section)

2-Sacred 2 (Only posts from the Sacred 2 Forum)

3-All of DarkMatters (Complete listing of all DarkMatters Topics that are unsecured)

Get your Sacred or DarkMatters fix from any browser wherever you are in the world... home delivery!

:)

gogo

lol, heh it does sound complicated huh :D But, it's pretty easy to hook up with, there's some super well done instructions at the top of this thread if anyone has problems with it please post and we'll do another walk through with you.

gogo

• 1 year later...

heh, thanks Stubbie... :)

And... I've just regrouped the RSS feeds here for DarkMatters. I'd forgotten about them actually ... I hope some peeps find thems useful?

There are two groupings... one for the entire forum's output and the other for Sacred only.

gogo

• 11 months later...

It'sa way of getting mini info bullets from any of the rss feeds setup. I have a feeling I may have to work on the groupings, but it works with your browser. If you're using Firefox, it's especially easy. Just left click on your choice of any of the three channels...I think one is ALL darkmatters, and the other one is just Sacred info. After you add it to your browser, you can then look up on your browser bar, and you'll see a little symbol there saying DarkMatters(Sacred) in purple (f you choose that one). Bring your mouse over that purple icon and it will give you a drop down of all the posts that have come out in that section. It's easy to then "read" what's happening here from a distance without actually visiting he site...you basically get to read all the topic header...and if you see one that you like, just click, and the program will open up darkmatters for you on that page...whisk you over here to us in a second.

gogo

It'sa way of getting mini info bullets from any of the rss feeds setup. I have a feeling I may have to work on the groupings, but it works with your browser. If you're using Firefox, it's especially easy. Just left click on your choice of any of the three channels...I think one is ALL darkmatters, and the other one is just Sacred info. After you add it to your browser, you can then look up on your browser bar, and you'll see a little symbol there saying DarkMatters(Sacred) in purple (f you choose that one). Bring your mouse over that purple icon and it will give you a drop down of all the posts that have come out in that section. It's easy to then "read" what's happening here from a distance without actually visiting he site...you basically get to read all the topic header...and if you see one that you like, just click, and the program will open up darkmatters for you on that page...whisk you over here to us in a second.

gogo

Um, ok Gogo thanks, though I'm still not sure what Rss is..............I'm guessing Read Sacred Site ? Or close to it ?

I'm not sure actually. But Scuba stands for Self contained underwater breathing apparatus

:P

gogo

p.s.lol, rss is probably some technical term. ^^

Well there you go, I never knew that scuba was an acronym.

You learn something new every day.............trouble is, I seem to forget something too ! :unsure:

RSS Stands for, basically Really Simple Syndication.

Thanks for info'.............though I'll probably never grasp what it really means !

I don't really know how many angels can dance on the edge of a pin either~!

:lol;

gogo

RSS Stands for, basically Really Simple Syndication.

Thanks for info'.............though I'll probably never grasp what it really means !

I don't really know how many angels can dance on the edge of a pin either~!

:lol;

gogo

They don't stay still long enough to count them.............

• 7 years later...

I just read an article about the resurgence of RSS.  Of course the first feed I tried was FDM.  The last update was 1100 days ago.  Was it discontinued on purpose or did it fall thru the cracks during a restore/upgrade?

• 1 month later...

Yeeks! Sorry Lujate! I just remembered that you asked about this... I got time today, let me look at the options with this new forum software to see if it's supported... Ahhh, RSS... been a while

:lol:

gogo

32 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Yeeks! Sorry Lujate! I just remembered that you asked about this... I got time today, let me look at the options with this new forum software to see if it's supported... Ahhh, RSS... been a while

:lol:

gogo

I'm not surprised. The renaissance is most certainly a niche thing. Thanks for checking.

And... done!

The link is bottom right of the Index page 

http://darkmatters.org/forums/

Its a yellow button that looks like a radar... you can click it and subscribe to the stream

I downloaded a rss reader from google and it seems to work

does it work for you?

this is cool stuff.. so old school but I can see its uses ^^

gogo

43 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

And... done!

The link is bottom right of the Index page 

http://darkmatters.org/forums/

Its a yellow button that looks like a radar... you can click it and subscribe to the stream

I downloaded a rss reader from google and it seems to work

does it work for you?

this is cool stuff.. so old school but I can see its uses ^^

gogo

Wow, that's service!  +1

On 5/6/2018 at 9:16 PM, lujate said:

Wow, that's service!  +1

Lujate, which reader did you end up getting.  Are the feeds of any utility at all? For myself, it's cool seeing he drop down, but since I have the page here book marked, I get to the view new posts right away

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Lujate, which reader did you end up getting.  Are the feeds of any utility at all? For myself, it's cool seeing he drop down, but since I have the page here book marked, I get to the view new posts right away

gogo

So far I'm using Feedly, which is an Android app.