How to register and contribute to SacredWiki

Fantastic! Your permissions have been updated, and you can now edit teh Wiki. I have you questions or want others to see or follow your work, you can post or use this thread here:

Happy you have found us, and welcome to the team!

YOu can log into the wiki with the same nic as you use here, I have sent you an email with the log in link and your temp password

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, PureMisery said:

Hi there.

I found the Sacred Underworld books wiki page extra helpful, so I'd like to add some missing books and maybe fix a couple of noticed typos.

• Anducar's Court
  • The Enslavement of the Dwarves
  • Into the Abyss
  • The Haduk and the Nuk-Nuk

Delighted to have you here on the boards, and wanting to help with the Wiki!

I've sent you pm and email with a log in

welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

p.s. I'm sure that one day in our future...these books will get frontispieces or become illustrated ! :pirate: 

• 1 month later...

Thought I already had permissions, seems I don't :sob: may I be allowed to edit the wiki please?

Doing the Office Quest had me looking for someone for a good half hour in the wrong direction, which made me want to edit the wiki. :) 

51 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Thought I already had permissions, seems I don't :sob: may I be allowed to edit the wiki please?

Doing the Office Quest had me looking for someone for a good half hour in the wrong direction, which made me want to edit the wiki. :) 

Dang Timo sorry about that ! But super happy to hear you would like to edit :bounce:

IM at work right now, but i will try to add it in some time today

Cheers!!

gogo

Hey.. hoooooooooooome! :superman:

Timo can you try and log in using your nic here at DarkMatters on the Wiki?

I tried to create a new account and it said it already exists

are you able to reset your password your Timotheus?

gogo

• Thanks! 1

I tried that already, did not get a password reset. Maybe it was still associated with an old e-mail account?
Is there any way to get into my account and change the associated e-mail adress?

13 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I tried that already, did not get a password reset. Maybe it was still associated with an old e-mail account?
Is there any way to get into my account and change the associated e-mail adress?

Thanks Timo!

I'm gonna check out the emails and accounts... maybe there's a way for me to reset it ... we have had to make so many changes to wiki for security last while that the email is problematic :crazy:

gogo

• 1 year later...

@gogoblender my good sir, have there been any progress on my wiki account? :4rofl:
I was browsing Twitch around the weekend and saw some guys playing the original Sacred for nostalgia reasons, I wanted to help the guy with a few things but noticed a lot was missing on the wiki. Aside from getting the itch to fire up good ol'reliable to spend some time there, I also want to expand the wiki on the original game. So I tried to log in again today, but I am still running into the same issue. 

• Like! 1
On 2/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, Timotheus said:

@gogoblender my good sir, have there been any progress on my wiki account? :4rofl:
I was browsing Twitch around the weekend and saw some guys playing the original Sacred for nostalgia reasons, I wanted to help the guy with a few things but noticed a lot was missing on the wiki. Aside from getting the itch to fire up good ol'reliable to spend some time there, I also want to expand the wiki on the original game. So I tried to log in again today, but I am still running into the same issue. 

Timo, will have Schot look at it, were going to have to get into the Wiki's own dbase as its not connected to DarkMatters anymore ..I think :lol: I know i can cerate another one but it not be your original name form DarkMatters, just a few days and we'll have something for you. We gotta get that itch while its still there... Sacred fans are waiting for your help!
:superman:

gogo

Hi Timo!

Ive just had the wiki dbase send a reset password to the same email associated to your account here are DarkMatters and the name is Timotheus

Give it a wee while and lets see if the prezzie arrives

gogo

Interesting, I have not received any mail from the wiki yet, however the wiki does acknowledge a reset request has been sent out for my account in the past 24 hours if I try to reset manually... But! The same error message shows up when I try a different e-mail adress. Are you sure they are the same between the two platforms @gogoblender?

Looks like the dbases are not aliligned anymore, well  see if Schot can do some surgery manually on the wiki dbase to get you back a password on Timotheus for wiki with your email. 

:schot:

gogo

18 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I'll be patiently waiting :) I wonder if there's an old e-mailadress connected to my wiki-account... 

Hi Timo! Schot brought me in and we did a deep dive into the account.  In the old days we had purchased something called Bridging software which allowed members of DM to auto register in the Wiki. Support for that died many years ago and so we had to lobotomize both dbases...but There's no stopping Schot when he's on mission, and we further took this to your PMs where we can dig the deeper depths  and uncover solution!

:hooyaah:

gogo

• 11 months later...

Hi gang, was wondering if anyone else is having issues logging into the wiki at the moment.
I'm introducing my wife to my favorite games (that we're able to play co-op), and we picked up Sacred this weekend. I wanted to update some quests with information, but my login doesn't work; I get an error message every time I try:

There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Please resubmit the form.

And my login attemps continue to fail. I tried disabling all tracking protection etc, switched between firefox and edge, nothing seems to help.

16 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Hi gang, was wondering if anyone else is having issues logging into the wiki at the moment.
I'm introducing my wife to my favorite games (that we're able to play co-op), and we picked up Sacred this weekend. I wanted to update some quests with information, but my login doesn't work; I get an error message every time I try:

And my login attemps continue to fail. I tried disabling all tracking protection etc, switched between firefox and edge, nothing seems to help.

hI  Timo! sorry about the log in issue... can you  pm me your login id and your password ? let me try it from my end

I found and merged your last post to this one where you previously posted about log in issues, and I found the pm that we have running with you internally, we can follow upon that as well... 

well have you with Wiki soon!

:d_dance:

gogo

I tried to login from my work laptop and it seems fine. No idea why... Will try again on my pc. 

@gogoblender

EDIT: seemed to be something with cookies. Which is weird. Because I hadn't visited the wiki in FireFox yet, I'm pretty sure.

• Like! 1

I am also having issues. Bitdefender blocked it and Chome said problems with certificates being old. Wouldn't even open the site. I was using it 2 days ago and then yesterday Bam! I built a new PC and wanted to start over, but forgot my builds. Old age.

14 hours ago, cruisenut2001 said:

I am also having issues. Bitdefender blocked it and Chome said problems with certificates being old. Wouldn't even open the site. I was using it 2 days ago and then yesterday Bam! I built a new PC and wanted to start over, but forgot my builds. Old age.

The wiki doesn't have a certificate.  That in itself could cause issues.

Based on what Timotheus said about cookies, have you tried in a private or incognito window?

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, lujate said:

The wiki doesn't have a certificate.  That in itself could cause issues.

Based on what Timotheus said about cookies, have you tried in a private or incognito window?

I

@Timotheus

tried to login from my work laptop and it seems fine. No idea why... Will try again on my pc. 

@gogoblender

EDIT: seemed to be something with cookies. Which is weird. Because I hadn't visited the wiki in FireFox yet, I'm pretty sure.

Edited Wednesday at 04:11 PM by Timotheus

Thats exactly it :dance:  Schot has updated DarkMatters, but for SacredWiki the certificates will be much more complicated, hes still working on a dev path for it 

2 hours ago, cruisenut2001 said:

That was it. I must have used Chome's Incognito because I just tried it now and it's all good. Yeah wiki doesn't have hhtps. Thanks for the help. 

Yee haw... happy to see you have made it through!

:superman:

gogo

• 5 months later...

Hi folks, I am (after at least a decade ^^) replaying Sacred 1 and found your elaborate wiki a great help. Now I would like to contribute a bit, polish here and there and perhaps making one or two basic articles it a bit more accessible to newbies.

• Appreciation 1
5 hours ago, Dathor said:

Hi folks, I am (after at least a decade ^^) replaying Sacred 1 and found your elaborate wiki a great help. Now I would like to contribute a bit, polish here and there and perhaps making one or two basic articles it a bit more accessible to newbies.

Hi Dathor, our ten year silent member...welcome to the forums and SacredWiki!

I've just created a new account for you, the log in is your name here Dathor and I've pmd you your pass word.

Delighted you have found us, looking forward to your enlivening of Ancaria through wiki!

welcome!

:cow:

gogo