What's the big deal about WII?

gogoblender

At work, everyone seems to be trying to get their hands on one, and it seems like this console just can't be bought at this time anywhere in the world.... what is going on?

Why did the WII all of a sudden get so popular?

I thought all the consoles from Sony and xbox 360 were better...

:)

gogo

The Wii is fun for the whole family, and very accessible. It's more of a party console.

Sure the PS3/360 are better, but they seem more complicated when playing games, and well... they've got more of a "gamer" feel to them...

Ahh they are great fun....and even better I can use it! lol not like the controls for those pesky play stations/Xbox wheer the kids just cry laughing at my feeble attempts. I dunno about this hard to get hold of thing though I just wandered into a supermarket and bought one from there with the bits n bobs that go with it...and a couple of games....maybe it's as it's xmas?

Here in thge states it can be very hard to get ahold of but my baby sis is the greatest and got us one for xmas ... :-) im sore from playing so its a work out and gaming and family time all in one.

I must say, I personally believe the Wii kinda sucks... I'm down with the gamer games... gears of war, call of duty... CoD is soooooooo hard on the Wii... any shooting game is. I shoot on a shooting team and these silly games make me look like a blind man trying to hit a barn. ridiculous. as for the party feature... guitar hero? rockband? PS3 and 360. all the way. you cannot beat that for party games... its like the coolest thing since dance dance revolution or whatever those goth punk kids at my mall play in the arcade. (darn kids causin SOOOOO much trouble) I'm actually going to buy a 360 and rockband when I can afford one... played it at best buy, cant get enough of it... my drumkit seems so much less fun now... (yeah, I dropped like 3000 on that when I coulda got an electronic xbox one for like 500 total... idiot me). final words about the Wii? IF YOU GET ONE, MAKE SURE THAT YOU TIGHTEN THE WRIST STRAP ALL THE WAY... my friend's little sister threw his controller through his plasma tv playing WiiSports Tennis... talk about poor luck. well, the eve of the eve of christmas is almost over, enjoy the holidays all, much xmas cheer!

-Total

I'll put this in really simple way.

Xbox360 or PS3 owners are like PC users. They like to play lot of good games whit good graphics and still be able to use it in many other ways like a computer whit better OS that doesn't crash or jam.

People who buy Wii are more like Mac users. Or it would be perfect duo to buy both. Mac is no good when it comes to gaming and it doesn't have anything to be upgraded. Wii is just simple gaming platform whit no way to make it usefull at any other way. So the user don't have anything he/she can ruin. But also there isn't any way to turn these machine into something really usefull. Mac never will be a gaming unit and wii never will be dvd-player or mp3-player. I have allways seen mac users and wii users as people that just don't like to bother

here's a great shot of wii gamer: http://naurunappula.com/46413/wii.jpg

Its just good to have an alternative competition (that actually does something else), perhaps it will lower cost for the games in the long run. At least I would hope. :D

No the wii is not the ultimate game system but it does one thing that PS3 and xbox 360 dont. They make the user get up and get active and it that means less 10 yr olds are just sitting on the couch for HOURS during the day all the better and that makes the Wii a GREAT game system. It also makes the games interactive as the more people who play the more fun they are in your own house.

Its fun for the whole family not just the 10 yr old who has their finger muscles trained to use a ps3 controller and the reflexes of a cat.

I can only echo what Gene and Myles said and having 3 very active boys it has been a great addition when the weather has been just really too nasty to send em out to footie etc. They can box and don't actually get to physically smack each other around the house LOL oh bliss to my ears, plus the other sports games, not to mention the other games available and then the brain works thing, even my 5 year old has worn himself out playing sports on it and also sitting doing puzzles etc. I really like it to be honest, lots of fun :D

To me, its all about the games.

Right now I'm playing my 360 quite a bit because of Halo 3/Mess effect/Cod4 (Yeah yeah, I know its available on.. everything)/Assassins Creed, and next month is too human!

too-human.jpg

.. I plan on getting a Wii in January/February for Galaxy+Brawl, I almost got it today for Galaxy, but I'll just borrow my friend's.. so its not really worth the buy yet...

as far as PS3.. I'll wait until FFXIII and FFVII-remake.. then I'll gladly sell my soul (Priced at around the same price as the PS3) for it.

Compatibility is also a relatively big issue with me also, Xbox easily hooked up to my PC monitor with 1 plug that was easily available to buy.. for Wii it looks like I'll have to go on ebay to get the VGA cables, I couldn't find any at best buy, but then again I didn't research that far into it. As far as PS3.. I'll have a 1080p tv by then.. :D

at heart. PC is where I'm from, its where I'll end up being, its what I love

Xbox is just good for quick plays, which is nice now that I have a job and sleep all day, hah.

Just my two cents :lol:

I miss the Atari. no, seriously, I think the 360 has the coolest games for it and the best price for the game selection, graphics, and miscellaneous capabilities offered. Only problem that I have with it is all the cool extra stuff costs a lot... I agree that the Wii is more a system for children and it's good to wean them off of video games. Nintendo corners the market for kid's games and stuff like that (Nintendo DS, Wii) but 360 has all of the coolest shooting games ever... and PS3... well, PS3 is just another playstation in my mind... never was a big fan of the controller... well, take care all

-Total

Funny you should talk about the PS3 liek that. My brother is a bit of a gadget head and amongst having a wii (which he just sold) and his Ps3, and xbox 360 the xbox 360 ios the one he adores for the shooting games! He now just has his 360 and his pc and says he wouldn't ever bother with the others again. LOL except my Mom has a wii and she regularly taunts him into playing tennis. My kids love to go over and will sit for hours content to watch him on the 360 where as with the others they bugged him to death to join in on and play. Maybe it's the graphics or something with the 360 but ofc now I hear 'could we have a 360 please Mom'....yeah ofc....get a job and have 3 :D who was silly enough to ban child labour eh LOL

I love the wii though as it means I can play with them with a lot less laughter and sighs than when I attempt to play on the PS2 and the rather dusty xbox we have....*sigh* sooo mny gaming things sooo little time and in my case ability to use those pesky controllers. Oh and did I mention the cost of the games? LOL

ya, I haven't bought a gaming platform since my folks bought me one of them nintendo gamecubes for christmas when they first came out... AGES AGO... (I played it prolly like 5 times, NHL 07 and James Bond =P) well, since then I've resisted teh temptation to buy a system... but the 360 has caught my eye, so I am gonna throw my support that way... but yah, controllers and games are MAD EXPENSIVE... rockband clockin in at $170 USD. RIDICULOUS!

-Total

hmmm For me I haven't gotten a new system since the ps2 I believe. but still have it as well as the original nes, and sega..(Broke my heart that my mom scrounged around and saved for the sega cd to have it fail only weeks later) Everything just got out of control with the whole thing so have stuck to pc ever since. Its far easier for me to upgrade them versus a whole gaming system.

I do pull out the old systems now and then for my son and we have a great time with Dr Mario and Castlevania!! and Gauntlet 4 on the sega! On I would spend days playing that one... went a whole 28 hours once... on the pain! hahah Oh Im just a sucker for the oldies!

ahh I grew up with a Mom who would frequently say when I visited...'just a sec I have to kill this, unlock that yada yada yada' LOL and bless her she is still the same....I do remember borrowing a Nintendo thingy off my sis and playing a game called road rash for hours and hours and hours and hours....and before that sneaking the odd go on my Mom's amiga system....oh and pc's with insert disk number 3 tzillion...haha those were the days eh! but those old games and sytems still hold a charm and are great fun...I'd buy a Nintendo thingy just to play Road Rash again and whip out mi chain on mi motorbike! *chuckles*

*sigh* now we go visit my Mom and she is playing the Witcher or Oblivion or some such...it's a make your own coffee and take her one too *G* Just like the old days!

OMG I LOVED ROAD RASH! arguably the coolest game ever... I mean, you beat people with chains and bats and what-not from a motorcycle!!

-Total

haha oh yeah and playing and playing to unlock the Diablo bike hahah catch me if you can and I'll whack you...oh no I really fancy playing it now!

Total....come ere I'm going to smush you! ;)>>here<< but I can't figure out how to whack anyone :D I keep hitting the keyboard but I'll whack someone soon :) and drinks are on me!

WOOOOOOT

roadrashcopy.jpg

muwahaha race 1...1st place!

Come on Total you just made my xmas...DL it and lets see how you do!

$170 USD. RIDICULOUS!

Well.. it does come with drums, guitar, bass, microphone..

its pretty cheap actually, considering Guitar hero 3 alone clocks a high price

Honestly, game price never bothered me, if its expensive, I'd probably pay for it even if it costed another $20.. I rent all short/beatable-in-a-few-days games, and buy any game that ive been waiting for and that have replay value, I currently own

Halo 3

Mass Effect

Fight Night Round 3 (got it with my xbox... still havent played it... hahah.. (already beat it on my friend's xbox before I got mine)

Call of Duty 3

Assassin's Creed (No replay value, but it came cheap with Call of Duty 3)(My friend has my AC... I have his armored core 3 as a trade, he got fired from our job so I have to plan something for us to meet again for me to get my game back :D)

:D It was sega not nintendo...ahhh there goes me...I blame my age ofc and OMG someone help me! vroooom.....vrooom....I just called my lil sis and told her about the dl looool guess I know what she's doing right now!
Total....come ere I'm going to smush you! :whip:>>here<< but I can't figure out how to whack anyone :devil: I keep hitting the keyboard but I'll whack someone soon :sick: and drinks are on me!

WOOOOOOT

roadrashcopy.jpg

muwahaha race 1...1st place!

Come on Total you just made my xmas...DL it and lets see how you do!

Cool! I played that game too! :D

Too bad I'm getting a warning from my antivirus when trying to download. Didn't yours catch anything?

Ahh no it all seemed fine and dl'd nicely :whip: hehe I have dl'd Road Rash 1 2 and 3 now and all seem fine but I still haven't figured out how to smack someone :devil:

I haven't had any virus protection issues though Tim and this seemed the best link for dl's that I found so far :sick:

Clare, im'a get cracked if I try and play that... and I thought it was for sega lol but I was like, nawww it couldnt'a been. =P good deal, will dl it and attempt to get my bike up and ready. and zyther lol, 170 is like my entire weeks paycheck (I really have no idea why, I should be making much more than that, I put in 40 hrs and make more than minimum wage... I think my government is trying to theft me! =P) but for someone who plays drums... I like having more than 4 things to hit at once... at least the full version comes with a bass pedal too... I got kicked outta best buy the other day bc I went in there and just played and played lol got 99% on expert on paranoid by black sabbath =D hehe. great system though in my opinion, its got everything you need. quick question though, why would someone want a 120 gb hard drive for about 180USD when they can get a 20 gb for 100USD and the game saves for the 360 are like 300kb per save...? why would one need 119.5 gb of free space?!?!:)!