Genesis Siderea helmet

RetsReds

So, I tried to change the Genesis Siderea helmet model to a different one through itemtype.txt. However, the haircut under the helmet remained the same...

spacer.png

Any tips on how to change the hairstyle too? I've never encountered this problem with helmets before. The Genesis helmet does look awesome but it just doesn't fit with the theme I'm going for with this char (nor does the short haircut).

Edited by RetsReds

You'll need to remove FLAG_EQUIPCUT + FLAG_DISABLEHAIR from the itemtype entry.  These flags prevent hair from sprouting through helmets that should be covering them up. You will notice they are absent for open helmets, circlets, etc.

A better way to do the swap would be to change the blueprint to point to the desired itemtype.  That way you will also get the correct icon.

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, Flix said:

You'll need to remove FLAG_EQUIPCUT + FLAG_DISABLEHAIR from the itemtype entry.  These flags prevent hair from sprouting through helmets that should be covering them up. You will notice they are absent for open helmets, circlets, etc.

A better way to do the swap would be to change the blueprint to point to the desired itemtype.  That way you will also get the correct icon.

Awesome, thanks! :)