I Am Legend

Epox

its just the anticipation of what will happen at night.

But you see? To me...that would be the part I'd walk away with...that feeling of being alone, with only the dog...and that knowing that every night could be my last. Gore hardly does it for me...but mind tricks like that can seal me in with nothing but a cask of amontillado...

:(

gogo

It was early in the movie though Gogo, and the audience wasn't aware at that point what he was afraid of, just knew he had to be indoors by sunset. So for me the mind games weren't really being played. Great concept of movie but I think it could have been handled a little better especially in Hollywood terms.

Actually I think I turned to my Partner when it was all over and the credits were rolling and said "Really was that it:)" I could have waited another few months till it was screened on cable TV.

Edited by Funkilicious

I know what you mean Funki. the movie does the comic justice other then that it is badly made. Will Smith does some great acting and shows you the state of mind he is in but other then that the movie doesnt give you anything. And for the love of god do they have to give a face to every enemy [I am talking about the lead zombie]. I mean we see it in every movie this days and those that dont have it you better bet on the second one telling you a detail story of why the bad guys are bad. They have to kill the mystery of the bad guys or story evil in every movie that comes out. For once I like a serial killer to be left as that evil killer dont say his daddy was bad to him or kids where bad with him in school just leave it to that evil something like what they did in the remake Halloween movie.

virus actually spread instead of starting when it was already full blown. The speed and strength of the infected is just oo much if you ask me.

The question I wanted answered was that those that survived the virus, where they also immune to Cancer:)

I know what you mean Funki. the movie does the comic justice other then that it is badly made. Will Smith does some great acting and shows you the state of mind he is in but other then that the movie doesnt give you anything. And for the love of god do they have to give a face to every enemy [I am talking about the lead zombie]. I mean we see it in every movie this days and those that dont have it you better bet on the second one telling you a detail story of why the bad guys are bad. They have to kill the mystery of the bad guys or story evil in every movie that comes out. For once I like a serial killer to be left as that evil killer dont say his daddy was bad to him or kids where bad with him in school just leave it to that evil something like what they did in the remake Halloween movie.

Exactly, and one of the reasons why I liked Phone Booth endings don't always have to be rosey, afterall real life isnt is it:)

thats a noter great example Funki. After you watch it you can sit down for a coffee with your friend and have a discution about what you thought and on a more deep level for the movie and everyones point of view can be right or wrong. Thats a big thing we are missing in movies this days.

Ehm lots of posts but hey I didn't say that I found the movie that scary it just had scary FX=EFFECTS... :yay: It really startles you, but you know that those moments are coming.

That's the other weak point: why on earth was it so predictable. I like to get scared with UNpredictable things happening. Not the

-oh yeah right he runs into that building he'll meet some of those things he's scared for -oh see that helicopter with his wife and kid, I bet they crash -ah see the hole behind Fred? I bet they're coming out through that....

Just a few examples...

Edited by Timotheus
  • 4 weeks later...

Just saw the movie and I think it's awesome. Will Smith is pretty intense (hey when isn't he) and he's so focused I loved all of the setup for this movie. The empty new york, the deer, the sound and/or lack of sound. The breathing, the waiting, the clicking of his gun when he's sighting, the terror you feel for him as his dog runs into the building, that first shot of them just..huddling and hiving ... the SPEED at which they move at, their filmed agility, the editing (pure joy for me that was...man, I'm so into editing these days).

And...I just loved that ending scene where that thing is ramming over and over again into the glass. I have now replayed that scene about forty times. Did you guys see the number of detailed expressions that are raging through the zombie's face? It scared, delighted and terrified me all at once. On that whole epiphany thing, lol, well...I didn't pay much attention to that. I just couldn't get enough of watching that thing bonking itself against the glass with Smith just knowing it's gonna be break and then it'll be all over for him.

Did I say I liked this movie?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Did I say I liked this movie?

:)

gogo

No you didn't, definetily not :( !

;)

~Doom

P.S. I love the scene just after his dog dies, its one of the films best

Edited by TimOfDoom

Dog Dies:)!!?!?!?!?! ;)

Well Heres one off of my "must see list"... Dont kill children or dogs... Personally it doesnt make for a fun and entertaining time for an escape from the real world.

Please next time Tim, Black it out :(

hmmm... I think it's to serius for will smith to act, I always like him best where its action with a bit of comedy. my will smith favorites is more like men in black (the first one) and I'robot

Dog Dies:)!!?!?!?!?! :bump:

Well Heres one off of my "must see list"... Dont kill children or dogs... Personally it doesnt make for a fun and entertaining time for an escape from the real world.

Please next time Tim, Black it out :)

Damn it sorry! I forgot we had black it out...

*cries*

Still watch it though its a really good film.

Sorry ari...

:(

~Doom

P.S. :D

• 1 month later...

Seductive, you are? I love watching this movie over and over... it seems like everytime I do I catch more from it. It's the attention to small details that really make it enjoyable for me... the sound editing always delights me.

:thumbsup:

gogo

Disappointing...BIG TIME! This to me felt like a big Hollywood rip-off of 28 days(which I loved) Take the idea of some bacteria/virus infiltrating the population and make people into a weird rage-filled killing machine. Legend couldnt pull it off though...im sorry perhaps cuz im an actor myself but I just cannot swallow an actor acting to nothing. The entire movie was cpu generated other than will and the dog. Background, animals, zombies, explosions. C'mon why not just make it another polar express and not show any real actors? Couldnt we have made the lead zombie a real person? Was Will too expensive...they could only have him, a few no names and then cpu generated bad guys? Did I mention the scene where the lion attacks the deer is laughable? One day in the not too distant future people will look back at this movie with disgust for the special effects(kinda like the Wizard of Oz....oh look the trap door) We are not at the level where cpu generated graphics look real enough that you can have living creatures be represented by them, it just looks stupid. I know it costs more but dont sacrifice the entire movie and cut huge corners. *Gets on soap box* Back in my day if you wanted to blow up cars you had some guy put dynamite in the cars and boom...in my day you put extensive makeup on a guy to make him look scary...you gave a real lion a real piece of meat and shot that footage.

SPOILER(what bothered me the most):

1) Why did we introduce this "lead zombie" but not bother explaining why/how there became a zombie-hierarchy or why/how he was so angry at Will and seeking revenge. I thought they were setting it up that he was angry that Will kidnapped his girlfriend and he was trying to rescue her but NOPE hes willing to have every zombie buddy killed in a futile atempt to attack will's compound for NO REASON at all.

2) There was no reason for you to kill yourself at the end Will, toss the grenade and squeeze into the blast shielded thing. It was predictable and foolish. What woulda happened if she dropped the blood or it gets tainted or other researchers cant figure it out or there are no other medicinal researchers..the cure just died with you, you numskull.

3) What were you saving the bacon for? Victory over the zombies? Salted/cured meats last only so long :3lmao:

*Gets off soap box*

yeah agreed in all of those locutus and the stuff with

that after Will died she just drove away... why didnt they do that before... together? she just drove away and found lots of people... just like that..

Locutus needs a hug :music:

OKay, first...BIG FAT SPOILER..DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE!

1- I like the fact that you brought up a Zombie Hierarchy. In fact, this was something I thought about often after the movie. Why it wasn't explored, why they didn't try to come up with reasons. I guess I was so taken up with the style of the way things done that it didn't bother me that they created a "hierarchy" within a society that was consumed by so much rage. However...let's take this further... we perceived their "disease" as just being rage...but there are peeps who (lol, to me anyway) seem so angry like this in real life... and...they're actually functional! "4rofl:

2-He had to kill himself. The vendetta had become personal. They were intelligent, and had a leader... Will stole his girl (presumably). He said at that point that they would never stop. He sacrificed himself as a stopguard so that the vial would move forward. Rather heroic, no? *ducks*

3-It's bacon man... bacon's everything.

I guess I liked this movie more than most because I kept dropping into the little parts of it...sound, editing, emotions on the zombie leader...and while I love 28 DAYS...I really think that was a different movie altogether...those had no leader, and I couldn't detect an ounce of humanity in them. This one had the lead guy...and boy was he ever scary. When you get the DVD check out the facial expressions as he realizes that Zombie girl was taken... there's so much pain there...it's almost spooky...and in a way...I felt for him.

Regarding cpu generation.... whatever. lol, everything is these days... I just like to see it being done well is all. And I think the zombies in this movie were done very well. Check out the part where they're breaking into Will's apartment. Check out the angles which these things leaped over bannisters and handrails. There was a lot of work there so that they looked fast and like pack animals. I would think that would be difficult to do, arduous and time-consuming.

Loved it.

Whew... I'm done

:D

gogo

You'll never convince an actor(dont know if I ever established thats what I went to school for and am living in NYC for) that cpu generated zombies is better than the real deal...aftre all wouldnt u rather see me as the lead zombie opposite Will Smith? :music:

• 1 year later...

Bump

And a big BEH to everyone who just doesn't get this movie... It rocks... seriously just watch the last fifteen minutes of it over and over again... it makes me wonder about fate and faith.

:)

gogo

Both Trailers are wonderful. I've been a huge fan of Will Smith in almost every movie he's done lately.

th_wssixdegrees.jpg

th_wspursuit.jpg

th_wsirobot.jpg

th_wsenemyof.jpg

th_wsali.jpg

Dunno, something about his acting always make me chuckle, and he's proven himself able to hold a leading role. Enemy of the State was SO entertaining, fast-paced, full of amazing ideas, and some very tight pacing...who can say no to Gene Hackman in anything?

Even if this is a bad movie, still gonna see it...it looks dark, disturbing...yeah, just the kind of thing for the holidays.

:P

gogo

I dislike the genre but th_wspursuit.jpg impressed me, his performance and the message of the movie was so good :) to the movie.

Bump

And a big BEH to everyone who just doesn't get this movie... It rocks... seriously just watch the last fifteen minutes of it over and over again... it makes me wonder about fate and faith.

:D

gogo

wow, interesting coincidence. I watched this last night.

Still a great movie.