The best of the worst colonies.

We all have those cherry 300+ field colonies that we grabbed on a slot 4-6 sometime through our gameplay. What I'm wondering is what were the best of the other slots you got? I'm curious because im setting up colonies in uni36 and as is always the case the prime colnies are gobbled up quick. With my first colony ship that emptied my res count for two days well wouldnt ya know I got the last slot 4 around for 100 systems. How many fields...21? MOTHERF**********! Sorry, I needed that. So I said well I'll just work with other slots and hope for the best. I have 3 colonies with 120+ fields on slots 6//9/10. My last colony...a slot 15 with 39 fields. Why? I've seen the percentage's and im getting screwed.

Anywho, has anyone had luck with lower/higher slots and lots of fields. I always see those people who cling to slot 14/15 but ive always planted on slots 4-9(or tried anyway). I would love to know if anyone has ever gotten a huge planet on a slot 1 or 15. UPDATE-new colony a few minutes ago on a slot 14...69 fields :D (its a keeper for now sadly)

Oh yeah-my best best was a 306 on a slot 4 and as far as my best worse: 193 fields on a slot 9. So whadda ya got people, and while yer at it-what's yer cutoff for fields for a perma-keeper colony?

Mabye this will help you:

pos1: average: 64, 60% between 48 and 80 fields

pos2: average: 68, 60% between 53 and 83 fields

pos3: average: 73, 60% between 54 and 82 fields

pos4: average: 173, 60% between 108 and 238 fields

pos5: average: 167, 60% between 95 and 239 fields

pos6: average: 155, 60% between 82 and 228 fields

pos7: average: 144, 60% between 116 and 173 fields

pos8: average: 150, 60% between 123 and 177 fields

pos9: average: 159, 60% between 129 and 188 fields

pos10: average: 101, 60% between 79 and 122 fields

pos11: average: 98, 60% between 81 and 116 fields

pos12: average: 105, 60% between 85 and 129 fields

pos13: average: 110, 60% between 60 and 160 fields

pos14: average: 84, 60% between 42 and 126 fields

pos15: average: 101, 60% between 54 and 149 fields

The fieldnumbers are posibilitys, different numbers are always possible

:D

I've scanned around, and literally every slot 4-6 in galaxy 1 is taken, a lot of them by inactives. 2-4 are crowded too. <_< I've just sent a colony ship to the slot 14 in my home system so it's not lying around. My only colony has 311 fields though in a slot 4 :D

EDIT: 24 fields in the slot 14. Deleted <_<

Edited by th3undon3on3

All of my U9 planets are in slots 5-8 [two in 5, three in 6, two in 7, one in 8] except one, which is in slot 15. The slot 15 was a little bit of a mistake, I planted two colonies in the same SS so I could FS my moonshot fleet and ended up getting moons on both. The slot 15 planet has 76 fields (86 with level 2 terraformer) and is home to my main deuterium mine and can be used for IPMs.

I normally try to get at least 200 fields, but anything 150 and up is pretty usable, I can always terraform more space if I need it. For some specific planets, like Gravitron planets and IPM or attack colonies, the number of fields can be pretty low. Gravitron requires 12 for research, 10 for robotics, 12 for shipyard, and 1-5 for Nanites. Solar plants and fusion reactors add almost nothing to the equation, so any slot 1 planet with 40+ fields (or less if you plan to build terraformers) works.

For new Unis, I would be inclined to keep every colony with more than 30-40 slots until I was running low on planets. Early mines pay off much more quickly than higher-level ones, so you might as well make some res while you are waiting for bigger colonies. I would also be inclined to start colonies in distant/sparsely populated galaxies if mining is the intent. There will be more slot-4/6 G1 planets open later as the (I)s disappear.

- Ike

In u36, I've sent out about 50 colony ships and kept only 4...

Anywho, has anyone had luck with lower/higher slots and lots of fields. I always see those people who cling to slot 14/15 but ive always planted on slots 4-9(or tried anyway). I would love to know if anyone has ever gotten a huge planet on a slot 1 or 15. UPDATE-new colony a few minutes ago on a slot 14...69 fields 2biggrin.gif (its a keeper for now sadly)

I've gotten 214 on a 9 slot, and 204 on a 15 slot, 197 for a 14 slot.. it is very possible to get a 14/15 over 200 fields. I only colonize a 9 slot maybe one planet on an account, usually in G2 or G3, where I can use that deuterium. Only reason I would colonize a 15 is for a G1, or if the account is for deut trading. Normally I put a few extra levels of deut on there and a few less of metal and crystal. Energy is hard to manage for 14 and 15, you may need ~1K sats if you have huge mine levels.

So...

Good: 14, 15 slots - Strengths = High deut production, reasonable size.

Better: 9 slots - Strengths = Good deut production, good metal and crystal production. Solar Satellite much more effective than on a outer orbit.

Best: 4-6 slots - Strengths = Obvious... the biggest planets. Great solsat energy, but low deut production.

I had a nice miner account at one time, with very nice planet placement. It wasn't highly ranked (40), but had great potential. A 15 slot with 204 fields, a 9 slot with 207, and 4-6's for the rest of the colonies over 270 fields. Some of them had been filled up past 220 already, but they still had a while to go. I have had many colonies with over 300 fields, but then again I've played more accounts and colonized planets then anyone else I know. I think. >_<

In conclusion, I always colonize 9 slots over 8, and never 7 slots. I will wait past those. 7 hardly gets any more deut then 6, and are much smaller. 9 can be the largest, and has the best deut production, which is what I am concerned about if I am colonizing something other then a 4-6. I normally do mostly 6 slots, and few 5's, and at least 1 4 slot, for grav. 15 slots are great, but if you do not need high levels of deut, just go for 4-6. So many advantages for miners... Fleeters: A 14 or 15 slot may be a good option with you, especially since the rise in deut price since that lousy merchant came around. :sick:

I hope that helps. And only keep 200+, even on 9, 14, and 15. :)

And only keep 200+, even on 9, 14, and 15.

Ironically enough, the day after I wrote this I will break my own rule.

Diameter 14.112 km (7 / 199 fields) [199]

15 slot - [1:340:15] :D

Plus, I can always terraform. ^^

Lol I think that's Ogame's idea of a practical joke on you.

Who's all in Unum just now? I've been flirting with the idea of recruiting a few people into Lonely, but I'm quite enjoying going solo just now. Once I get started on a fleet tonight or tomorrow I should start rising at a decent rate. Given that the account wasn't really played for two weeks, I'm lagging a little behind.

Yep, as soon as I say 200 or more, I get a 199. XD

Members: Werner, Blade (Xadok), Makaveli, Ped, Alper, Onur, Shazim, Conqueror, Maple Leaf, Sagacious, Terracyde, Melvin, The Dio, Firefly(coming later), Beowulf(coming later), Unknown Hero, Mika Del Siro. BTW, all top 20 or better in their uni's with exception of Saga. (She is peaceful miner ^^ ) Trying to get Ike to join, but as we all know he is a stubborn ovine bard! Werner and I will open up applications in about 3 months, and close them again in about 6. 3-6 months is when a uni is made, the most vital times. :devil:

Sure, most of us have gotten off to a very slow start. But remember, the first two months of a uni you can't really tell what is going to happen. I am sure we will do just fine. :)

Edited by Blade

Nice solid group you've got together there. I keep forgetting we're only in the first month of the uni.

Back semi-on-topic, I've got my eye on a nice 4 slot a few systems away from me that's (iI). Hopefully I can get in there before anyone else.

Edited by th3undon3on3
I've got my eye on a nice 4 slot a few systems away from me that's (iI). Hopefully I can get in there before anyone else.

If you really wish to grab it, colonize a planet in the same system, send a colony ship there, so the flight time will only be ~1:30 instead of 3 hours, or often more. I am waiting a few weeks to colonize any more in G1, 2, or 3. Everyone is going for those slots now. Keep that in mind if you are looking at putting in a colony there. Concentrate on colony size and not immediate points now if you plan on playing the account for years, and not months. Also, I don't expect half of my buddies to make it through 3 months in the new uni, but I am pleased with the number that I have so far. Not to worry, I am sure we will meet new friends there as well. :P How many D.a.r.k. are still left?

Well that plan has to be scrapped for now. I lost my internet in my flat last night and it still wasn't working this morning. When I finally got time to get on a computer at uni my fleet had been crashed, colony ship et al. Stick unis 9 and 36 into VM, come back to the flat and the bloody internet's working again.

There is, in fact, an ogame conspiracy against me. Since I ceased to use my fleet in uni 9, I've logged on literally 2 minutes after DV crashed my fleet, 5 minutes after he hit my cargos, then I lose my internet as soon as I get started on a fleet in 36!

Edited by th3undon3on3

Did I mention I hate new noobs? I had carefully looked through galaxy 1 for a colony this morning. I found 20 on slots 4-8 and by the time my colony ship was ready almost all of them were filled with new players. Thanks for that startegic placement ogame.

Did I mention I hate new noobs? I had carefully looked through galaxy 1 for a colony this morning. I found 20 on slots 4-8 and by the time my colony ship was ready almost all of them were filled with new players. Thanks for that startegic placement ogame.

That is because the first (iI) inactives were deleted yesterday. G1 slots are all taken up now, and G2 slots are being taken up as we speak. Tomorrow, if you want a good slot, send a few colony ships to a planet as close to G3 or upper G2 as possible, wait for inactives to get deleted at 0:05 server time, and send the ship. Try NOT to go for slots near ss 150, 250, or 350. Stay at least 15 ss away from those areas. I think the reason to do that is obvious, everyone goes for those slots.

If you want help finding a colony elsewhere, I have made a complete galaxy map with G1 through G9, and I will be glad to help you out using that. :blush: