Kamikaze Sunday!!! >:E

Woohoo! And Away we go! :)

Looks like the newest round is about to get underway with a fresh start for the new year! Ill have the server going here shortly with my low level trader available to all, as well as tons of goodies!

Hugs to all! Cant wait to see you there!

Ari~

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohooo!!

Oh Well this one was certainly an interesting start to a new year and newest session of Kami! :) We truly are putting the death back into the event!

I Lost count of the deaths so I will recount them as best as I can. Our first loss was erlings bm to archers. Pesky things they are!!

Next we had 3 together! Tomi, Gial and me! At least it was a bonding moment! and I got to share the joy of watching the cloud animals float across the sky! until they splattered me with their guts as they left the servers! LOL

ooops.jpg

oops1.jpg

After the laughter, we rejoined to re-venture forth yet again! we lost gial a second time then lost knuckles!

Needless to say that even though the game lagged beyond belief, it was tremendously fun and the laughter flowed more freely than ever! and it was great to see it get down to the basics of just great friends dying together! err I mean laughing together!! :Just_Cuz_12:

Woot! Ill reset the frontside of the poll, and get Schot to reset the backside and we can begin the vote for next week! whip2-1.gif

Thanks everyone for coming and I cant wait for next weeks party!!

:Just_Cuz_12:

Ari~

Ah wow! That was a superb start to the Fifth Generation Kamikaze. Big cheers to the fellows who have both been there from the start and to the ones joining in the journey! There was certainly an excellent mix of personalities that made for tons of laughs! :D

Oh and I must say we certainly lived up to the name this time. lol. That was simply too much fun today. I don't think I ever laughed so much during a Kamikaze. Certainly the highlight of this Kamikaze for me was our valiant charge against the Orcs of the south in the Desert. Ari, tomi, gial and myself at levels between 10 - 15 braved wave after wave in an endless sea of Orc mobs who were about level 30. We handled them mightily even with the large level differences. Alas, the Orcs held the favor of the server gods this day and were able to call upon the most powerful enemy of them all. The Laggon! As the waves of Orc mob began to exhaust us and weaken our defenses the Orc's ally the Laggon jumped upon us and completely crippled our defenses by stealing away our real time sight. One... By one, heroes fell.

Ari'Laftia of the Seraphims pushed forth through the Orc ranks showing no hint of worry and held her ground. She took several of the wretched beasts before the shock came across her face. In agony she threw her hands up and turned her gaze backward seeing out of the corner of her eye the tail of an arrow from out her back. With pain too great and damage to her too far beyond repair she fell... She looked on as the party ran to her aid fending off the Orcs and keeping them away from their fallen Captain. Vampire gial in an effort to weaken the Orcs employ lashed out of the circle to take opportunity at the Orc Chieftains head. If not for the deadly ally of the Orcs he might well have done so but the server gods would not have it and released the Lagon upon unsuspecting gial. The Lagon took swoop around gial and suddenly minutes worth of Orc spear and arrow collided into him. Cursing the the Orcs gial dropped to his knees... Seconds before gial's fall the great Dwarf tomi had lept into action while I stayed by our captains side to keep the dogs of the desert at bay. tomi was well aware of the Lagon upon us now. We had all felt it's presence by now and it was becoming apparent that this would be our final stand. We chose to argue the fates none the less! Under the Lagon's attention as well as the Orcs he did what he must to prevent gial from being tied up and taken away by the Orcs. A fate much worse than any nightmare to be sure. tomi dodged in and out understanding the ways of the Lagon. It was the only chance of survival however futile it may seem to be. Fighting bravely nearby I saw tomi now fully in the coiled clutches of the Lagon and surrounded by the Orcs. Without a sign the Dwarf tomi made full stop. He was within the coils of the Lagon now... Fierce anger and and dwindled courage could be seen frozen across the Dwarf's face while unknowingly to him the Orcs quickly stripped him of life. He crumbled...

th_fallen.jpg

Left alone now to defend the party and prevent them from being carried off and fed upon by the Orc dogs, I had no time to call for help. With all that I had left I called ring after ring of ice to fight against the Lagon's control over time and brought down fiery rocks upon the dogs. It was a losing battle there was no doubt as I fought for my fallen fellows. That was when the tide changed. No one can say what logic commands the server gods but for whatever reasons they decided to give favor to the party of heroes. At once the Lagon was commanded by the server gods. It shot straight up into the air many trees high and released a bright pulse upon the Orcs. It was the Orcs now who's time was up! Unable to react the Orcs stood in place and received burning rock from the sky. With all now dead I was left to stand among the piles of bodies and mourn my fallen fellows. A cruel gift from the gods yet opportunity to fight another day!

May the fallen rest now within the Cave of Heroes only to rise again and do battle. One day we will defeat the Lagon once and for all. But not today...

Of the fate of the others? Only they can say. :)

See you next week! :D

:)

Oh Beautiful story telling Schot!

I was :woot:

then over taken with :D

Ultimatly put into a state of :D

and left with a feeling of :D

:bow: Perfect!

lol Ari :D

Oh it was all a bit too much eh. I'm sure I would have died too if not for the fact that that Orc Chirftain just froze and let me kill him. Whew! :D

Squeak!!

Okies The server is up and ready for fun! In looking at the poll this week it was very close between 20 and 30 in silver so we will go right down the middle! So Come and join in the mayhem!!

Private Server: Kamikaze Sunday

Pass: darkday

Hugs all!

Ari~

Hahaha. Ok...

All the many many potions I had to drink in battle: 45282983... errr lost count but a lot of gold was spent I tells yah! :4rofl:

Number of times party members needed to be resuscitated from near death lag spikes: Ooooh boy... A lot! :drinks:

Ari getting "busted" by Genenut on how much time Ari had spent playing lotro this week: PRICELESS! :P

This session was the most right-click intensive I've ever been in. About every few seconds, I was either buffing or casting spells with my Battle Mage. I saw a few instances of where the monsters were trying to hack Ari to bits(lag), and I hope my limited Healing was a bit helpful. It was quite fun for the session, and I'm looking forward to next Sunday.

P.S. - With two Battle Mages in the session, the odds may have been just a bit unfair for our foes.

:oooo:Ive been busted! :oooo:

Hehehe Ok I have been playing Lotro a bit lately! But its just to help me make it through until Sacred 2 comes out! Do know that you will never lose me though! :D But I may have to scheme a bit ad poke a few to try it.. its a beautiful game!

hehe Anyway!

This week was quite fun!! The lag was touchy a bit but we made it through it without a death! Woohoo! Our group had alot of fun heavily pounding the baddies, they never stood a chance! The buffing of each other was a huge help! (Thank you Dave! and Schot!!) :)

Kami1-1.jpg

Kami2-1.jpg

Kami3-1.jpg

lol DaveO. Man, they really didn't have a chance eh. Between my slowing/hurting Ring of Ice and your toastifying Fire Spiral they were all doomed right from the get go! :D I think Battle Mages probably work very well together in general since we know all our spells, we know how to take advantage of another BMs casting. Dynamic Duo? :oooo:

Awesome work on the pics Ari! Beautiful stuffs! Oh and we're not worried about losing yah Princess Whipsalot. :) You may not be aware of it but when you became GC/mod here we decided it best to conjure a binding of sorts... You can check out anytime you want... But you can never leave! Mwahaha. a045.gif

I agree with you DaveO about the fun and right clicking. I think the most intense time for me was in the Orc forests above Timberton a la the top most pic Ari posted above. Yeesh did they ever wanna kill me somethin fierce. Took a lot of close calls in that area. Or so I was told, haha. I just kept mindlessly plowing through. :oooo:

For a while a tried out being a pure support character. For about 30 mins the only thing I did was buff and heal Ari and ganto. Was actually kinda fun. I might try more of that next week I think. wizard.gif

See you all next week!

The front side of the poll has reset Schot, can you reset the back end?

We'll give the holler when its time to start voting for next weeks goal! It was a great game everyone this week! Whos up for some leveling tonight? :oooo:

:D @ Princess Whipsalot!! :) Binding !! :oooo:

rofl

I hadn't actually made the connection of "Whip" and "binding" until you just said it there. Hahaha! Errrr, tee he? :D

I'm even more dastardly and evol than I thought! iconhell_surrealthoughtz_mwahahaa.gif

I'll fix up that poll and very good idea about jumping on the server today. I could use a bit of a jog on the servers. :)

P.s.

Poll has been reset.

Yay... my DE is just now starting to show some progress... cant wait to use him again in the next kami :bow:

[...] For a while a tried out being a pure support character. For about 30 mins the only thing I did was buff and heal Ari and ganto. Was actually kinda fun. I might try more of that next week I think. wizard.gif [...]

Haha...hopefully I'll do better next week so you dont have to dedicate yourself to keep me alive :)

Squeak!!

Okies The server is up and ready for fun! In looking at the poll this week it will be right around level 50 in silver! So Come and join in the mayhem and giggles!

Private Server: Kamikaze Sunday

Pass: darkday

Hugs all! :D

Ari~

It was an unusual day of CTD madness for me. I lost count of my disconnects. The server seemed just a bit wobbly for stability. I do hope that the next server session after I left was more reliable. I am looking forward to tales from others on their experiences.

P.S. - I think this is the furthest I've played a Battle Mage in terms of levels. I'd usually get killed or lose interest. I may have a good chance to get to 100+ with this one.

What a great game! :D

Even with the ctds that rolled over us all in waves, you all came back, each and every time! What endurance you all have! hahaha Oh be sure to toss in your feedback about that Here so we can try and gather some specifics, Hopefully we can have someone take a peeky and see if anything can be done!

I was only able to get one pic of later in the game as the last of us played tag with the riders :)

Oh We didn't lose anyone this week thankfully! But the bodies did tend to stay around hours after others had left!!

Kami12008.jpg

I must say you are all an awesome group for not letting the game get the best of you, or your chars! The team play was great as well! :) :ninja:

Hugs all!

Ari~

@DaveO:

It's a shame we weren't in the same party this past Kami but I suppose the enemies of Ancaria deserve a break once in a while, haha.

@Ari:

I was juuuust about to say how sorry I am for DaveO's lost character, lol. I guess DaveO wanted to keep playing much more than he could ever have known. Great capture Ari! :ninja:

Completely agree. Given the complications of this past Kami I was VERY pleased at how everyone handled the CTDs and continued to have fun despite them. Very good game!

I had hoped we would get to try the UW campaign but with all the CTDs it was simply impossible. Who knows... Maybe we can have another try next week. :D

That screen shot from Ari must have occurred during a hard CTD I encountered. I was stuck out of game for several minutes, but at least the Lag Monster did not devour my BM. Since I play in Arizona time zone, perhaps that pic is just my BM doing a small bit of sun worship. :blink:

P.S. - To use an out-of-game Dune quote, "Father, the sleeper has awakened!"

Edited by DaveO

Yesterday's session was by far the longest I've ever been in. I don't think I'd have the patience or stamina to do it again any time soon. My Battle Mage is beginning to reach his limits without the completed Amarri set. I still need the chest armor piece, but it looks like I won't complete it until past level 100. Two of us even had a crack in the Cave of Heroes with me doing what I could to assist. Once me and Schot figured out the 'key' to opening the gate, it went fairly quickly. Definitely highlighted by Anducar and Pong. I'll have vids of both later.

Wow, was that ever exhausting! Ok I admit I was getting a bit frustrated towards the end... Sorry if I was visibly so... :4rofl: It took soooo much longer than I thought it would and I was just getting really tired and hungry, lol. It was all well worth it though! I don't think I've ever packed in so much fun into a single session.

Big thank you to everyone who came along and made it such a thrill! :D

I've got some vids to and I'm thinking that the various media we got of this event is well worth its own topic which is what I will do later today. :hugs:

Oh what a ride! .. a Very long ride! :yay: haha it actually went.. 8 hours for me.. going in at 11 and leaving at 7! (Though I had to do the food break in there as well!) It was great we got a few peeps in to play Pong at the end! I do feel bad we couldn't get everyone! I have bunches of pics but schot vids did far better than I could capture in a single shot! Ill go through them though and see what different exciting moments I can share!

It was a fantastic game with no losses on our server! Woot! Ganto took the reins on the Kami server #2 and they had a great time! (cant wait to hear all about it *hint hint* :P)

Great job everyone! and Great Game!! :woot:

Ill give a holler when the poll is ready for the new votes!

Hugs Alll! :D

Ari~

OK, I'll bite at the hint

Ganto, mom and I were in the other server. Spent most of our time in UW - fungi hillock, dwarven ruins and purgatori.

Just bopped around for the most part, then started questing. Showed Ganto the farmer prank, ran the cookie girl series, the nuk-nuk bones and skull ripper hearts from Purgatori, and the giblets series in dwarven ruins.

Ganto played phir (BM). mom played McBoom (Dwarf) and I played Balsa (WE). I think we worked pretty well together, although I have to admit I probably lagged behind in effectiveness, as Ganto and mom were +/- level 80 and I was only around 50. Sorry no vids or pictures from me - I don't know how to video and always forget pictures. Sorry all.

Haha..ty gial as I had no clue what quests we did and where we traveled in UW :yay: . All I know is that we had a fun time doing it and that you scared us multiple times with your red health flashes :D Ohh, and my phir was a DE and I didnt take a single screenshot either ... to my defence we were so busy killing mobs :woot:

Edited by ganto

Please Sign In or Sign Up