Marksman Supreeme

Hi : :D

And here is it Ladies and Gentlemans... I present you The Mighty Suppressor, the Crazy Tinker, the Heroic Lad, the Piercing Barrage who covers all, the Neverending Thunder, the Burning Sea of Fire ... I present you the one and only... The Mighty Eater of souls...

The Marksman Gadgeter

Base class: Gadgeter

Dominant skill tree: Marksman

Secondary skill tree(s): - possibly Tinker -

II. Stats

Before the latest patch Dexterity was - without doubt - the most important attribute to a Marksman, dexterity gave direct bonus to damage. Now (2008.01.07) its role is only to fulfill the requirement to equip a rifle. That frees up a lot of skill points to raise Vitality and Wisdom.

Technically it should be something like this:

* Full Dexterity until around 20-25. To equip the currently best rifle (and equipment) around 140 dex is needed. Of course in the near future its more than possible that new weapons & equipment will come trough patches so going over 140 Dex wont be a waste.

* After reaching a certain pont 3/2 or 2/3 Vit/Wis will help you with your life and manam reserves

III. Skills

This build is based on my own Elite level 40 Gadgeter. While other kind of marksman builds are also viable I found this one a strong and reliable one (IMHO this is the strongest Gadgeter build).

Most important skills: Napalm (and Wildfire) + Seeking shot.

Napalm and its upgrades present you a very strong Area of Effect (area of effect) attack. Napalm starts to rock when you get the first rank in Wildfire. That means you put your first 7 skill points into tier (this is 1 from quest 6 from being level 3) then when hitting level 4 you put 1 point into Napalm. From this point on you are continuing to put (waste :D) points into the tier to free up the next line of skill choices. When you reach level 10 you can choose to pick lotsa (mostly passive) skills - including Seeking Shot - OR continue to raise the tier to get Wildfire (the bread and the butter of this build). Personally I would say pick thoose other skills first. They need only 3 lvls of skillpoints (6 total) and they are fun. Having Seeking Shot (with Suppressive Fire) means you are pretty good Boss (hero, champion) killer. Owning special bosses like Tinus are quite possible this way - even with really low char level. (I did it at level 7 in Elite). At level 15 the glorious moment will arrive: you put the first skill point into wildfire. From this point on the whole experience of playing your gadgeter will change forever. Wildfire will turn your Napalm a deadly area attack.

Skill point allocation:

1-7 Tier

8 Napalm

9-14 Tier

15 Seeking Shot

16 Suppressive Fire

17 Tinker

18 Critical Modifications

19 Rally

20 Insight

.................................... level 10 ..................................

21-28 Tier

29 Wildfire

30-38 Tier

.................................... level 20 .................................

39 Blistering Heat

40 Penetrating Fire

41-45 Wildfire

46-47 Napalm

48-52 Blistering Heat

53-57 Tinker

...................................... level 30 ............................

58-60 Suppressive Fire

61-65 Seeking Shot

66-69 Insight

70-73 Rally

74-78 Penetrating Fire

....................................... level 40 ...........................

79-80 Suppressive Fire

81-87 Critical Modifications

88-92 Black Powder

93-94 Penetrating Fire

95-97 Napalm

...................................... level 50 .............................

98-99 Leftover Points

http://www.mythoscalc.net/skillcalc.php?c=...s1506s1708s1906

IV. Gear

Use your common sense and the currently best gear when selecting equipment :)

Important:

- Rifle: if its possible try to get and enchant that goblin gun from the Tulin main line quests. (that gun has a min 55 dex req but its damage is a way higher than his "normal" counterparts.) Get it with an another char and pass it to your Gadget.

- Life leech: this one of THE most important item modifier. Accumulate a much % as you can. It will help you stay alive long enough. (my own gadget has 30/24%)

- Stun: this is again a very very important and useful item modification. Either socket enough Jade into your rifle or find a good one already with stun. Stun along with wildfire could mean lotsa stunned enemies :D

V. The base of this build

After Elite mode came out I started Sacred-Csasz, the Gadgeter on whom this guide is based. He is a highly successful and very strong character with (still) lotsa luck(MF) at his disposal.

If you know the game enough this will tell much about this build: this char is quite able to solo Elite Epic maps 5-8 lvls higher.

I hope I will see many fellow gadgeter soon!

Edited by Csaszar

Hi :D

UPDATE

With the newest patch (Jan) things have changed again. The above build was based on Napalm and Seeking Shot - and both of thoose skills were greatly changed. The game is beta so its normal to expect this :oooo:

When zone 3 is out I will update the Gadgeter build with a hope that patch will be a bit more "final" :o

Hi :D

Claire:

Sure it is possible to change thoose skills but if I would do that that would bean a brand new guide :o

Writing a new guide wouldnt be a problem (ofc :oooo:) but I am pretty sure the leftover skills are subjects of further changes too.

The Zone 3 update seems to be a fine point to start writing guides again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :4rofl:

Santa:

This far only rifles are supported with uniqe skills. So most of the above mentioned skills wont work for pistols. However the passive skills for Marksman like Black powder, Tinker or Rally will work with pistols. Sadly you will still left without damage increase skills and Area of Effect skills so IMHO pistols are not the best choices.