stubbie says g'day

Hi all,

My name is stubbie and I'm from Clan DA.

I have known Gogo for a long time online and we met in the SIF.

Sacred is my favourite game but these days I don't play (mostly due to the fact it just don't look pretty on my new 22" LCD widescreen monitor :(

I am active in Guild Wars and have just finished playing The Witcher. Currently I am also playing Hellgate London.

I'm a male, married with a 26 yr old son and two teenage daughters :sigh:

I work in the Taxation office (please don't hold that against me.....I pay taxes too :sob:

I have known about Dark Matters for some time now but never really looked at the place properly.

Well this time I did and I liked what I saw :thumbsup: so here I am

..............you have all been warned :tongue:

stubbs

Heya Stubbie, Welcome to FDM. Good to see you here :tongue:

How did you find the Witcher? I am waiting for loan of it lol (too tight to buy it)but so far my poor Mom is having a hard time with all the crashes. Other than that it looks an amazing :thumbsup:

See you in the bar

Claire :sigh:

Stubbie, hello and finally...a great, warm big welcome to you! lol, we finally get to fete you here in our home DarkMatters style. There's a few bars, I know of your expertise with the amber drink, enjoy our little place here and ...lol, I'm with Claire, here. Ever since I saw The Witcher, something about it fascinated me... was the game any good? I know that they'd put a lot of work into getting the combat down right, and all of the write-ups I'd read about it earlier really pointed to some great amospherics.

:thumbsup:

gogo

How did you find the Witcher?

I saw it in my games shop. :thumbsup:

To be honest I was a bit underwhelmed by it. It is a real resource hog so make sure you have a beefy pc.

I found the alchemy system very cumbersome and unfortunately its a major part of the game. There is no inventory auto sorting of any type and it is really necessary to have.

The combat system can be very unresponsive which just leads to frustraing times and frantic mouse clicking.

The story was good but suffers terribly (at times) from bad translation. This game could have been a great rpg but the flow of the conversation gets broken with the translation.

example:

quest giver "will you do this quest for us?"

Geralt "I will think over time"

quest giver "then that is made a great contribution"

Geralt "tomorrow will tell"

I mean...huh?

But, overall I did enjoy it. The basic story of a witcher is a very interesting one. The voice acting is mainly superb and the graphics outstanding (use first person perspective to fully appreciate them)

The game play suffers a bit with the clumsy inventory and alchemy system and the combat system while not bad, could do with improving.

But apart from the negatives there are a lot of positives about the game.

I usually don't finish games as I get bored with them however I finished The Witcher but it will be some time till I want to play again (and there are reasons to play again due to different endings and story-lines)

7/10 :tongue:

stubbs

Hi Stubbie! :whistle:

re: Sacred and the 22" screen: Ever consider running Sacred in Window mode (ie, not full screen)?

I run Sacred on my 19" and 17" monitors in window mode... the game is centered and looks great.

Have fun whatever you decide to do! ("I will think over time" )

Hi Stubbie! :)

re: Sacred and the 22" screen: Ever consider running Sacred in Window mode (ie, not full screen)?

I run Sacred on my 19" and 17" monitors in window mode... the game is centered and looks great.

Have fun whatever you decide to do! ("I will think over time" )

Thanks for the suggestion Frosty but it isn't that easy.

The 22" LCD widescreen has an aspect ratio of 16:10. Sacred is designed for 4:3.

I have an ATI card and it doesn't allow for Fixed Aspect Ratio Scaling like nVidea cards do (yet another reason why I wont be getting another ATI card again :whistle: )

So the only option I have is to play Sacred in a very tiny window or have it stretched out of proportion. :whistle:

Sorry to keep going off topic people as I know that most places frown on it. But I like to answer people when they ask me a question or suggest something.

I think its just polite. :)

So back onto topic.......

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. This place has a really good feeling about it and I thankyou for allowing me to become part of it. :P

stubbs

lol, the only topic here is you Stubbie..so go ahead and answer away, I actually found your response regarding the aspect ratio quite interesting. Guess this is something I'll really have to pay attention to regarding Sacred 2 ? I'm actually using a pretty nice nvidea card, but...I'm holding out and saving up for the big buy next year, guess it'll be a dual pairing with a monitor at the same time.

:P

gogo

lol, the only topic here is you Stubbie..so go ahead and answer away,

lol...I didnt think of it like that. :)

That means I can go off topic any time I like in this thread........ :P

stubbs

• 3 weeks later...

as this is my thread I can ask whatever dopey questions I like.....so there. :yay:

Please...........what is the difference between Fellowship and Member in this place?

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

Hey there, I missed this thread completely. :yay:

Belated welcome beer. (just one though for you, the rest is mine :woot:)

Anyway, members are well members. Fellowships, on the other hand, are clan members who are active in at least one of our sponsored games.

There are board section for each of the sponsored games, and when necessary a secured section (for battle plan etc). :D

I thought the Fellowship is where the wizard dies and ring gets detroyed, but everyone lives in the end except the evil people.

And a member is a naughty bit.

The end.

:lol: