Oh My god, I just won an Ipod Itouch

gogoblender

I won this about two days ago.

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

It's completely changed everything I ever thought about Apple. Hugely expensive, unbelievably sexy, swift, strong, it catches stares everywhere I take it, it does portable videos like nothing I've ever seen before, it's light, soooooooooo light, and the screen is nothing short of magnificent.

itouch3.jpg

Work shot out three of these a few days ago to lucky peeps and I was one of the lucky ones who drew lucky in a draw when I was away from work on my days off.

itouch2.jpg

And...not only does this thing play movies, and have the most incredibly FAST touch screen you have ever seen... guys...check out how FAST it browses...and not only does it browse...it can manage all the images by just pinching them or squeezing them... a miracle! lol

itouch.jpg

I didn't think that anything this small and lightweight could browse so well...it's only when you see how this nifty gadget all fits so nicely in the palm of your hand and nothing lags do you know that you've found your eternal bus and long car ride companion.

This link here is an awesome quick twenty second movie that shows how fast thing thing browses and "pinches" images:

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=safari

True, it doesn't have a cell phone...but I don't really use cell phones AND...with this new little puppy, I can sink into any hot spot on the planet, and just use any web based msn service to chat away to my hearts content...with free emailing, to no limits... I basically won a kind of "dumbed-down" phone...with no monthlies!~

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwww

Go Apple!

:P

gogo

• Like! 1

congrats bro!! yes, after the iphone came out, I was a bit angry with apple. I wasnt really a fan at all, my uncle got one, and I thought to myself, thats going to be the easiest thing to break of all time (my phone has become lovingly known as "the tank") sooooo now that I see the ipod has gone in the same direction, I guess I'ma have to give it another chance (as I absolutely abhorr the zune) and I've tried other mp3 players, but none is quite as nice as the ipod. good win, very nice that it's free. (and pretty dope that you can pick up messengers on it)

nice one bro

-Total

He, he, he . . . when I saw the title I thought you had clicked on some pop-up banner on a pron website or something. :D

Congrats, I am relieved! :D

Very nice win, Gogo, ya lucky bastage.

ROFL @ Ike

Hey Gogo... I don't know about you... But I would sell the thing and get a cheaper MP3 player + make some money :D

Except, it doesn't sound like he gives a rat's arse about the MP3 capabilities, he likes its other toys, which AREN'T available on a cheaper mp3 player.

Ayup. I think it's just a difference between the two of us :P I couldn't care less about even a color screen on my mp3player, I just want one with lots of memory, long accu life (no batteries anymore for me!) and easy to use...

Sssht.. I have to admit. My current one is able to play videos and act as a picture viewer... But it was cheap for the 4gb... At the time anyway. Sssht... :blush:

Edited by Timotheus

Same here. I'd buy an iPod classic over a Touch any day... I don't really have a use for the Touch features, and 8Gb is just too small.

I've been pretty happy with my 4thGen iPod Photo over the past couple years... only thing I'd change is it's capacity; 20Gb is just too small. I have about 170Gb of mp3s now, and going through and cutting it down to fit on 20Gb is a lot of work :blush:

I dont even have an MP3 player >_>

I was hoping to win the ITouch..

oh well I might get an Iphone whenever I plan to get a phone

If Iphone is basically a more advance version if Itouch.. :S

Don't bother with Iphone, most people are disappointed with it for varies reasons.

As for size, I have a big one Ipod. I do however swap out music, I just have different Itune music folders and interchange between them. y? I tutor on local schools and the kids always take and play around with it, so I need to make sure no mature or cursing music exist in those days. :P

Catholic school for one is absolutely unforgiving with cursing, even for an excellent song with just one curse word beeped out. :blush:

lol myles, I remember my time served in catholic school... you guys ever hear about those "scared straight" programs that they send kids to prison for the day and have them spend quality time with inmates? well... catholic school (for me at least) was much like that, except more strict. =P

as for ankh, just plain wow... 170 gigs? how many days of music on itunes is that? I mean all my friends say I have a lot and I only have like 25 days of music. nice.

-Total

as for ankh, just plain wow... 170 gigs? how many days of music on itunes is that? I mean all my friends say I have a lot and I only have like 25 days of music. nice.

-Total

34616 songs, 98.2 days, 187.83Gb according to iTunes.

Before last November I had about 40Gb of stuff; then I handed my external HDD to a friend and got about 140Gb of stuff from him. I'm still slowly going through it and deleting artists I have no interest in; so the GB and song count will come down.

Woohoo! He won an ITouch! Which means... I won his old 80GB IPod Classic! lol :P Congrats gogo and thank you! :)

I must say the ITouch internet browsing is super fast and surprising clear. Even typing on the ITouch is quite impressive. Brilliant little gadget without a doubt!

The newest toy has found a comfy place in my hand and heart. As Schot noted above, it's it's browsing capabilities that are nothing short of...astonishing. I think that most people, have a kind of memory of how "slow" browsing is on anything other than a main computer. In fact, I believe that the itouch's main value is in it's browsing speed. For the first time ever, in a mainstream kind of way...the net has become accessible via mobile browsers in a seksi way...and this time people believe it. It's only when you hold this little puppy in your hand and see sites blink up on it in less than two seconds, do you, at that moment utter...

I believe.

And with some research I'm now finding out that Itouch aps can now be found all over the net and downloaded onto it. These aps can change the skin, buttons, features, functionalities, everything. Oh yeah...it is an mp3 player...but in light of it's function as a fully-loaded, lightning fast, browser and the world's fastest pda...lol, these days I mostly forget to even play my music and just...have my machine stream to me directly off the net!

I do believe the playing field but more importantly what we expect...from a mobile device... has changed.

:trans:

gogo

• 6 months later...

Sooooo...if anyone has an Itouch here with any info on how I can get some cool new apps on my Itouch... got any suggestions? I was doing some work on it tonight, and after seeing all the great apps out there all made free by peeps... I think I'd like to see if I could figger out how to get them onto my little machine.

I saw that when I plug my Itouch in, it offers to get me a 9.99 package from Apple... errr... shouldn't I just get the free software already available out there on the net?

That scribble game looks really cool ^^

:P

gogo

• 5 years later...

Found this topic...soooooooo old... I still got this thing back from 2008 after winning it! :dance:

Only thing is the battery is kind of getting weaker...called Apple today, heard they had a cheap battery replacement option going on, and found the site kind of (purposely?) vague... went through the online site to find the phone number, and finally ended up at page where they said if I continued with this process and they called me back it would cost 35.00 unless I picked button a or button b...one saying that I had paid for repairs within ninety days, other saying I had just upgraded to ios7 ...choosing any of those two would cancel out the 35.00 and they would call me...

course I pressed one of those buttons, didn't think anything of it, and asked them about battery replacement and will go in to the store this week for them to do it 79.00, or I they may even give me refurbished...

But, seriously... 35 Bux to call them?

Puleeze

:viking:

gogo