The DiO [NN] vs. Sylka [PAX]

Ike

Doesn't everyone like a good story? Well if not, tough luck, you are getting one anyway. :P

Locutus sent me a PM about a week ago asking if I happened to have 2500 recs . . . sadly, with a fleet of 5000 ships, half were not recs. He pointed out Sylka's fleet of some minor ships and 34 RIPs, just 4 SS from my paired G1 moons. I suggested that ThE DiO would be interested and was not far away. I asked DiO about it later and he said that Locutus had, in fact, alerted him to this nice fleet. Unfortunately, he waited until deuterium arrived and recs were timed and Sylka came online. ;)

We watched on phalanx, and despite having a moon in the area, Sylka did a deploy FS between planets. So DiO timed one such, but Sylka came online. The landing time tended to be really inconvenient for both of us (~03:00-04:00 for me) so we determined to try again for a deploy recall on the weekend when I could afford to get up at 02:00 and phalanx to get the recall time.

So Saturday came along and I figured I'd do a little probing to figure out which planet the fleet was on -- so that I knew defenses and such -- and there is no fleet on any of her planets! :o So I start phalanxing and there is the fleet, 12 hours until deploy. And it is arriving about an hour earlier than normal. :) So I send a note to DiO and do some calcs, and it seems like 70% is the most likely speed -- her normal speed -- and she had left within about 10 minutes of my probe. This makes sense as their was activity on the launching planet and Main about that time. However, we are not positive and I am loath to have DiO launch for a third time and not know when the fleet will return if she recalls. I am also a little concerned about the early departure as I do not like changes in patterns. But we figure it is to our advantage as the fleet will land about the time Sylka normally comes online and it is a Sunday morning so perhaps she will sleep in just a bit. :)

For whatever reason, Sylka has some defenses but no ABMs on her planets, so I send 59 IPMs and 5 waves of cargos at the target planet, reducing it from . . .

Resources on Oldtown [1:281:5] at 01-12 21:09:29

Metal: 1.375.309 Crystal: 805.386

Deuterium: 176.602 Energy: 13.512

Fleets

Defense

Rocket Launcher 2.973 Light Laser 30

Heavy Laser 8 Gauss Cannon 5

Ion Cannon 7 Small Shield Dome 1

Large Shield Dome 1 Interplanetary Missiles 4

The attacker has won the battle!

He captured

687.654 metal, 422.060 crystal, and 88.301 deuterium

He captured

343.844 metal, 211.041 crystal, and 44.153 deuterium

He captured

171.974 metal, 105.550 crystal, and 22.083 deuterium

He captured

85.999 metal, 52.782 crystal, and 11.043 deuterium

He captured

43.034 metal, 26.411 crystal, and 5.526 deuterium

To:

01-13 02:52:24 Fleet command Espionage Report of Oldtown [1:281:5]

Resources on Oldtown [1:281:5] at 01-13 02:52:24

Metal: 55.584 Crystal: 33.755

Deuterium: 7.138 Energy: 13.512

Fleets

Defense

So I go to bed and DiO launches his main fleet and 5 follow-ups (now free of unnecessary defenses). I get up at 02:00 and launch a final follow-up and refresh the galaxy screen every 10 seconds. At 10 Minutes to impact I start refreshing every 6 seconds. At 8 minutes to impact I start refreshing every 5 seconds. At 5 minutes to impact I start refreshing every 2 seconds. I know we have her now because I have enough deuterium onhand to refresh phalanx every 2-3 seconds if she comes online, but she does not. So I only used 20-30K deuterium, instead of the 2 MM I had allocated. ;)

The hit on the OoF: Advanced 20% + Phalanx hit + RIP KILL [NN] ThE DiO vs. Sylka [PAX]. (TD:375.620.000

My Follow-up:

He captured

111.121 metal, 78.326 crystal, and 61.233 deuterium

My profits: Metal: 706,126 Crystal: 748,670 Deuterium: 2,113,000 (-357,661 from IPMs, -30,000 from phalanx and galaxy view, +2,500,000 from DiO for phalanxing)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey...how'd I miss this Ike tale!

Another Rip splat in this uni, ike and dio gratz on the take. Ike , your thoroughness and meticulousness is always insane.

Good job here guys

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. Ike, you should add links to these hits in your guides? They're even better than movies, and really illustrate success with patience and craft.

• 1 month later...

You know rereading this hit makes me wonder if I should be playing ogame at all. There is no way I am up in Ike's league of playing ogame. worthy.gif