Another fellow from Germany's RADC

As the topic implies I am a German player who is a member of the German old gamers community known by the name RADC. PowerPyx is head of that group. I got to know this people when I played my first online multiplayer game which was (surprisingly) Sacred. Later on we ventured into several games and spread to different guilds as well - I am playing Guild wars for 2 years now. In time we returned to our roots and rejoined the RADC. We are still playing several games, but we have joined in several games in RADC as well. Don't get me wrong . I have still bothe Sacred versions on my harddisk and I'm still playing it, but if I play it online I'll choose hardcore chars only. I have shared that game with my kids too. I bought multiple accounts to share my gameplay on LAN and online with them.

Although the older gaming society welcomed some younger gamers, I am really an older gamer. I am sorry that I only got to know about your site yesterday by a comment of PowerPyx in his German forum. I would have been here a longer time if I would have known it before.

That's my reason to be here, now some personal information:

- 50 years old (or young)

- married, 3 children (19,16 and 10 years)

- German citizen by law

- world citizen by opinion

- host programmer of 30 years (half of my reason to be able in English, second half is due to my wifes relatives in the Philippines)

- gamer since DOS 3.3 and civilization (pre-Windows version) - still crazy about gaming

There is another hobby I have - chatting in forums and that is why I am here.

Hi Michael57 and a big Welcome to FDM :)

Good to see you and to hear you have inspired your kids to play hehe my Mom also lead me into the gaming community in a round a bout way. I hope you will have fun here and I look forward to reading more from you :P

Don't forget to pop by the bar whilst you are here :)

Cheers

Claire ;)

hallo guten tag.

ich bin total, ein jung polizei... thats probably wrong and I am not too good in german, but I will try when I can =D good to have you here, and I too was a great big fan of the original civ. hope to see you at the bar.

-Total

lol

you guys and my credit card :(

Michael pay no attention to all of this, some somehow or another my card has appeared in roving hands... more than often the mod team here :)

Welcome to the boards. That was a fantastic intro, and I especially like your line about how you love to post on forums... this will quickly become your new home, specially if jokes and smiles come as easily to you as they seem to break out here in this zany corner of the net called DarkMatters ^^

Have fun on the boards and once again welcome!

:P

gogo

Hi there Micheal. Warm welcomes to you! :)

If I may say it's a real treat and an honour to see a member of RAD here. Much respect is reserved for the RAD community!

Ah GuildWars is such an amazing game Micheal. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I found it to be an exceptionally immersing game. As for Sacred the D.a.r.k clan plays HC mostly as well. It's too bad that the international servers and the German servers do not connect. Would be fun to catch you online during one of D.a.r.k's laugh fests. One of which is notably called "Kamikaze Sundays".

As for being of the "Experienced gamer" status I think you'll find you're not alone here. :D And as for your second hobby... There's plenty of space around here. Feel free to add your own personal touch to the forum here with your interest in discussion.

Cheers! :drinks:

Hi and welcome!

I too am slightly older than the average "Dark Matters" member. :blink:

I've had the privilege of meeting PowerPyx in person at GDC this year. It was nice to see him in person. He was very busy with helping out at the booth. I wanted to help too, but the language barrier was too much. I know only a few words of German. And... almost everyone at GDC spoke (it seemed to me) only German.

I hope you enjoy your time here. :ninja: