problems with this crappy game and I havent even gotten to play yet

I have dial up. I live in a rural area. broadband is limited and not availiable everywhere so dial up is the only general option. I keep gettin the 4-2847 error. The mythos forums posts about it are written at an it professionals level as there are no real instructions to fix this. IS there anyone here who uses dial up who can walk me through a solution to this or shall I just chuck the whole game and the hours so far invested in downloading this (from my point of view) piece of crap?

I have dial up. I live in a rural area. broadband is limited and not availiable everywhere so dial up is the only general option. I keep gettin the 4-2847 error. The mythos forums posts about it are written at an it professionals level as there are no real instructions to fix this. IS there anyone here who uses dial up who can walk me through a solution to this or shall I just chuck the whole game and the hours so far invested in downloading this (from my point of view) piece of crap?

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with Mythos mate :twitch:

It really isn't that bad a game, if you can get it to work.

I am unable to help you with your error. My reason for posting is to suggest have you ever thought of wireless broadband?

I have no idea if its available in your circumstances, but in Australia it is available and from what I am hearing it is reasonably priced and offers much faster speeds than dial up.

Hope someone can help you with your problem.

stubbs

Sorry to disappoint you mate, unfortunately by level 13-14, the game is losing its edge and starting to look like every quest is a deja-vue of all the previous ones. They all have a clearing to fight through to get there. Then there is the obligatory travelling merchant and guide waiting in a safe area with the entrance to the 3-4 floor "dungeon" and the big boss at the end. Then back to get a new quest doing the same thing with maybe a new graphical monster added in. I'm starting to forget what the quest is as they are all so similar, they are getting mixed together in my mind.

Shame really, it starts out so well. sad.gif

With all the granite in the mountains by me, wireless anything doesnt work well, There are still many dead spots for cell phones in my area. So wireless broadband is not an option. Australia is a lot more flat with with a lot less granite in it too.

Oh that is a real shame Genenut. :)

Personally I find it a very satisfying game. Love the big boss dudes! It's a beta of course so isn't fully formed just yet but there are tons of different character abilites and powers to try. I've barely scratched the surface of trying out all the powers at level 13.

That said... I'll switch my connection to dial up and see what I find. Our broadband package comes with a free alternative dial up connection so it will be interesting to travel the digital world on a dial up.

I'll take a peek at that Mythos forum too. I'm curious as to what has been said about the problem.

Gene, that's awful about the mountains killing broad band, I keep seeing Schot play this game. The graphics and sounds are really fantastic, and...for now, lol..it's free. Hopefully someone with some experience with dialup will see this thread and be able to help you out. I've also added a second line of text to the title on this thread regarding your request for help with a dial up regarding this game specially as we have to many peeps here now visiting from Clan DA who have been playing Mythos for a while...maybe someone will have some advice to help out.

:)

gogo

they dont entierly kill broadband but it does make it hard to get and expensive. My area still has many spots that cannot get DSL and the cable modem is expensive and somewhat unreliable. Fios is a foreign word and like I said earlier wireless is VERY hit or miss even with cellphones.

at this point I think I'm going to uninstall and maybe I'll revisit it in 6-7 months. I spent 3 hours alone last night trying to get to play the game. I could have played guild wars that ran fine out of the box during that time and been alot happier.

I dont think the answer is going to come from the boards at mythos. otherwise there would be solutions to attempt over there werent things like kill processes until you crash your system to remove system loads.

we are considering cable modem but I'm trying to figure out where the extra $$ will come from... hard when you have lots of dr bills for both children and one is on expensive drugs every month.

Edited by Genenut

That's certainly a big concern Genenut. Taking on a new expense can be tricky not to mention in some cases pricey. Surprisingly enough though is that it has happened here in Montreal that the amount that some people were paying for their dial up connection was actually about the same price as a broadband 1 year contract. My step mother was one of them. One thing's for sure is that once you switch up you never look back, lol.

I did a search for that error you mention in your first post btw and came up with results pointing towards PCI Express Port 5.

Google search resut for "Mythos" "4 2847" "error"

Do you have a PCI Express video card?

Its really hard around here in our neck of the woods (New Hampshire and Vermont), Most still only have the basic step above the tin can and string type phones, (Some peeps still use a rotary as well) Mostly its because we are so underpopulated, we simply aren't financially worth the effort of putting in better lines and services. Cable internet is very new here and are only able to have it because we are so close to a main city, My mom who lives 7 miles away still doesn't have it and wont for many years to come.

I had the same until I moved back to Sheffield 3 years ago, no broadband lol not even any piped natural gas due to being such a tiny village and rurally placed. The cost apparently outweighed the demand. Now at least they do have broadband.

I have done some looking for you and I honestly can't find any info so I would suggest that you start up your own thread there maybe even attaching a DxDiag, well it can't hurt. it seems the devs are on there a lot at least this way you could get some concrete info and hopefully a work around.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after lurking in the forums for over 2 weeks I can say the DEVs dont care and the number of us with a *-2*** connection error is growing and the DEVS cant even be bother to acknowledge there is a problem. From what I gather there is a growing number on the hellgate side also with again no response from the devs.

So all I can say is happy y'all can play but for me, flagship has left a bad taste in my mouth. For a game in beta the lack of response to a growing problem of even connecting to the game even for the ones who PAID for thier software is more than annoying is a very bad buisness practice and indictive of how they will run things in the future. Its why I stopped playing Knight Online even though I loved the game. I got tired of the lack of response to simple connection issues being experienced by more than just a handful.

So I can honestly say I will never BUY a flagship product until thier mgmt changes or they get bought out by a company that knows what they are doing. Flagship has proven they DONT currently.

Hi :hugs:

I am really sad to hear about your problems :P

I wouldnt say that Mythos is a crappy game. Its not. At the current state its a bit repetitive but heck its a beta version missing th ENTIRE story line and plot this far. I am also sorry to disagree with you but the Devs (the Ping0 team) are really responsive. This far they are th most responsive Dev team I ever saw actually. In Sacred ALL THE YEARS I got less answers than the short time I have spent in the Mythos boards. To be exact only Carolyn answered any questions in SIF and shes not a dev (I think :)).

As far as I can judge FSS cares for its payers more than the other companies I know.

BUT I know how you feel. I have read through the board for a possible solutions to your problem and found several other threads and posts too. For the record: FSS answered lotsa posts for some time but obviously they stopped doing that when they saw they cant handle the problem that easily.

What troubles me was the answers from the other players. I understand that this game is free and that attracts all kind of ppl but ..... . OK so all I wanted to say that their responses were really bad and all I could do was to tell this to them .

I will monitor the boards and if a solution comes it will be posted here in FDM too. I hope after this bad start you dont give up on Mythos because its really a promising game with lotsa fun already in it. Sacred_Refugees Guild is waiting for you :)

Edited by Csaszar

Csaszar , I have given up on it.

The lack of acknowledgement of the problem by flagship is EXTREMELY troubling and reminds me of the crappy korean mmorpgs and thier lack of tech support. At this point I'm only posting in the forums to get the DEVS to respond to the problem so maybe others can play.

I wont play. I also wont recommend this game to others or anything else by flagship.

Not after being called basically an Idiot by thier "senior members" and having my last thread on the issue deleted. Thats not acknowledgement of the issue, thats avoidance.

If its not fixed you can bet I will post a negative review of flagship once the game goes public.

It seems that once hellgate went public and the devs started to think about how they could make money out of this game, their willingness to address issues went in the toilet. And all they are working on is how to get more and more players addicted to the game so they can earn money, not working on getting those of us with problems to be able to even try the game. The FAQ's for both mythos and hell gate are basically empty when it comes to resolving tech problems and since hellgate is public that troubles me very much. that faq should have entries for the common error msg's and how to fix them, not the generic check with your hardware maker to fix this msg.

Yes I'm sure the devs know how to write a beautiful program but they are the writers apparently not the tech support and its showing. They do not know how to do tech for a program or support properly, only write the original code. It takes more than just writers to make a good program.

And to compare software, the sacred boards would not have spent 2 pages explaining pipelines and then tell someone to just start shutting down programs until you find one that crashes your system to fix things. there would be detailed instructions for atleast norton and mcafee on how to disable and allow the game to run. The ports inbound and outbound would be listed and listed as either local or otherwise to allow us to change out settings. (and instructions on how to do it in WIN XP) and in general a much better solution that your isp must be blocking things, call them to fix it. which is the answer for all the *-2*** errors in the mythos forums.

I finally saw someone post how to make this netlimiter program work with mythos instead of shutting it down. I dont have that program but it shouldnt take a month for that info to be posted. And it wasnt posted by the "guru" dogofwar but someone else entirely.

Basically flagship has turned tech support over to the beta testers and thats not the way to do it.