Played it - like it!

So my blatant blag worked and I got an invite to the game!

I played it last night, albeit briefly and enjoyed what I saw - it's all very familiar - and took no time at all to start playing (once loaded).

I started a bloodletter and a Pyromancer and played both to level 2 just to see, and I'll try gadgeteer tonight.

One question though - what's Elite mode?

Ahh glad to see you got your invite EvilSanta, Elite mode is where you start off with less gold iirc, there are more monsters, you can't party with those who are playing 'normal' chars. Also with elite you cannot respec your toon.

As far as I am aware there are 4 modes of play, Normal, Elite, Hardcore and Hardcore Elite but I could be wrong.

Gadgeteer is fun mate, mine is happily running through the game with a pistol in each hand kicking butt like Dirty Harry in overdrive. :) Unfortunately by level 13-14, the game is losing its edge and starting to look like every quest is a deja-vue of all the previous ones. They all have a clearing to fight through to get there. Then there is the obligatory travelling merchant and guide waiting in a safe area with the entrance to the 3-4 floor "dungeon" and the big boss at the end. Then back to get a new quest doing the same thing with maybe a new graphical monster added in.

Shame really, it starts out so well. :(