Map Glitch Exploits (2021)

So, after finding myself in the ocean (image included), I also stumbled across this bridge in the jungle that you can jump off of and head downstream. 

I'm sure I'm not the first one, but wanted to post it for anyone else still playing on console. 

20211028_223419.jpg

• Thanks! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

No problem, and thank you for your kind words. I'm including an update, as well as this information- this glitch seems to be reliably duplicated when you teleport to a port, and much more often when there's a portal right next to it. I am also inclined to believe that moving your joystick while teleporting can help produce the desired effect. Attached is a new image of where I'm currently exploring.

20211106_130429.jpg

Note that I'm not currently wearing my visibility gear, so I'm not trying to expose as much as I'm trying to find the hard boundaries. 

For example, this is a hard corner in the upper right, for anyone curious about what they look like

20211106_130938.jpg

Edited by 2Lemurs

And this will happen occasionally- you'll find a soft boundary, where there is a visible line between two different areas. Jumping from the ocean to them often, but not always, results in becoming either irrevocably stuck, or not stuck but limited to a small area. Only thing to do (after exploring as much as you can) is to teleport back and either try again or move on. 

20211106_131551.jpg

As you can clearly see, I'm not nearly done with the regular map, though of course I've explored every cave I've come across when I found it. Hitting >100% will be a snap. 

20211106_133740.jpg

20211106_133819.jpg

Found a northern ocean barrier that can be traversed to gain access to the Seraphim Islands portion, pic included for reference. Access was gained by using Assailing Somersault onto an enemy spawned into the river. When you reach this point, you can move your cursor over the upper edge and then back, thereby switching from the Human Realm grid to the Seraphim island grid.

Note: There are hard barriers, and then there are occasionally what I refer to as "soft barriers", the latter of which have,  along their length somewhere or other, a point at such you can switch over to the next grid. If I'm not mistaken, each realm has a hard barrier around it, but there are a few points at which you can switch over, hence soft barriers. That's all redundant, but hopefully it makes some sense. 

20211110_090545.jpg

Simply Somersault onto him when he's on the shoreline past the boat, and boom, you've got access to the entire southern ocean. Be careful not to attempt normal movement after Somersault- the game will try to realign you if you do. Just hoppity boppity into the ocean a and explore away. 

20211110_075648.jpg

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, 2Lemurs said:

Simply Somersault onto him when he's on the shoreline past the boat, and boom, you've got access to the entire southern ocean. Be careful not to attempt normal movement after Somersault- the game will try to realign you if you do. Just hoppity boppity into the ocean a and explore away. 

20211110_075648.jpg

Great pic! reminds me of Life of Pi! when he was on the boat with the Tiger!

:D

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, 2Lemurs said:

Sure, it's been two years. But I finally cracked 100%+ map reveal! And yes, this is the same character/toon from before.

20230221_163336.jpg

Well done

This was one of the most sought after bonuses in the game, and people used a *cough* myriad of ways to win it

:drunkards:

gogo

• Thanks! 1