The Kamikazes vs. Anducar!

Schot

Congratulations everyone. We did it! :D

As some will recall we had attempted to complete the Underworld campaign about 4 weeks ago... And were destroyed! With our Kamikaze group all beat up and in tatters we had no choice but to fall back and shortly start anew. But this time... We won and destroyed the wretched Anducar! :P

I'm very glad that not only I got to see the entire Underworld campaign but also that I did it online with friends rather than in single player. All the laughs we had could never have been had in SP. :badbad: One thing will say though. Holy crap did it ever take a lonnng time! :o Honestly I thought it was going to take.. Oooooh, maybe an hour? lol. It took about 4-5 hours?! :( All the various tasks that had to be done were quite enjoyable for me and finally reaching the end to face off against Anducar was so cool! :D Sadly the battle against Anducar became bugged and would not complete but only temporarily.

To you guys that were wondering why I was smashing the ground with my Meteors... Now you get to see what I saw, lol. A few seconds after this video recording cut out Anducar the demon started to move again and I was able to finish him off with a final blow.

Oh and of course you'll need that DivX Web Player to see these videos. :)

After destroying Anducar the Kamikazes set off to recieve the greatest prize of all Ancaria... PONG! :woot: We set off immediately to the Dryad Forest and seek out the Portal to this glorious prize. A portal of which will only open AFTER completing the entire Underworld campaign.

And last but not least. Here is Erling Power leveling in Pong world, lol. I think this has got to be the most incredible and most unusual thing I have ever seen in Sacred so far! Of course all good things have to come to an end... *takes erlings power leveling toy away* :)

By far this was an amazing Kamikaze. Quite likely the best for me!

Cheers all!

Nice videos there. I'm testing some encoding settings to see how they pan out. I may actually have a good codec for Sacred videos. When I get done, expect two more vids and perhaps a few Photoshop siteseeing pics.

Oh you need ->DivX Web Player<- to see the videos Erling. :badbad: Oh erling. I know that hurt but and I'm sorry but what's more important? Getting level 216 without having to do anything at all or sharing a fun time with your friends? Nevermind! Don't answer that. :(

Ah fantastic dave! Looking forward to your vids. Please feel free to pm me if you need help figuring something out. :P

I got divX player is that something else than web player?

edit: oh and I have been watching divx movies here before... (at FDM)

Edited by Erling

After some testing on a known portion of my Seraphim Prototype sword video(15 seconds worth), here is what I've found. Encoding works fine, but the Divx conversion is where the corruption may occur. I tried all settings, so there are only two remaining options: Find a good Divx encoder, or accept the current settings as-is and hope there are not too many quality issues.

@Erling:

Just wanted to let you know about a lil prob I had with DivX a while ago. DivX movies weren't working for me either and I found out that it was because I had DivX 1.3. The company that makes DivX broke the 1.3 web player after they released 1.4.(intentionally I think because of illegal movie uploads to Stage6) So only some DivX movies will work if you have 1.3. Time to upgrade dude! :oooo:

If you have 1.4 already then you could try to install it again and see if that works.

Can you see the videos on my Stage6?

Final Battle Against Anducar

Sacred Underworld Pong

Power leveling PONG

@DaveO:

What application are you using to convert these days? And is it a DivX conversion you are doing or an XviD? If you tell me those two I may be able to make some suggestions. In the meantime here's what I chose for my DivX conversion. Some of these settings can be found on any type of conversion and may be of use:

• Profile: Unconstrained in DivX or Unrestricted in XviD (if the video is for Web only then this works best)
  • Quality based on target bitrate (1-pass): Use 800-1200. For videos that your character is walking around in choose 1200. If standing still then 800 is fine.
  • Codec Performance: Extreme quality. This will allow the encoding application to take more time and ensure very nice quality.
  • Motion Estimation: Again, if your character is moving choose Quarter-pixel search and Global motion compensation. If character is standing still then I don't think you need these.
  • One last thing if you have the option is to Enhance I-blocks. (Not sure if XviD has this...)

I'm afraid I really haven't used the XviD codec that much so I'm limited as to what I can suggest. The most important though is that you choose Unconstrained/Unrestricted and the bitrate I suggested. I'm looking at XviD now and one other thing I would suggest is change

Quality Preset: to (User defined)

Click more

Motion Precision: 6 - Ultra High

As for the rest I have no clue but hopefully those suggestions can make a big difference. One other thing is that audio can be a hassle. Best audio codec I've had and have been using for a long time now is the Lame MP3 codec. Don't let the name fool yah. ;) With that codec I set up all of my videos with:

Lame MP3 - 48000 Hz, 192kbps CBR Stereo 24KB/s

Best balance between compression and audio quality that I've experienced. Good luck Dave! :)

Ok Erling. Sorry about that but it looks like there may have been some BBcode conflict, eh heh. I think I've fixed the videos now so that you can see them in the first post. I think... :thumbsup:

Ok, I made the Virtual Dub Xvid codec settings pretty much the same way as your list Schot. I also noticed that my DivX converter was not set to high definition. I'll try those settings and see how it turns out.

Bravo! This is so cool... I"ve never seen the end of the game filmed this way..it's VERY cool and a great way to entice others to make it all the way to the end of Underworld.

Congratulations to everyone who made it to the for the filming of the wonderful finale.

And for desert...Ascaron style...an easter egg.

Perfect

+++

:thumbsup:

gogo

I'm still experiementing with a possible Divx converter. I looked around, and most did the same or worse than the drag and drop Divx converter I currently use. My Pong turned out like the Seraphim prototype sword video with distortion for the finer cobblestones. I do have an alternative of just posting the finale series against Anducar(over nine minutes), and to keep in mind the limits of my converter for any future videos(or use a lower resolution for recording). Due to VERY limited playing time this week, I'll have to see what I can do to get higher in levels. I might make several, but it's dependent on players on the servers.

Ok, since I don't think Pong will work I might as well add in some screen shots and one video

shot0015-3.jpg

Static Seraphim - Along opening the gate into Valley of Tears

shot0019.jpg

Sacred Underworld - Hell's Blacksmith

shot0020.jpg

Sacred Underworld - Pong Portal

shot0021.jpg

Sacred - Pong Sports

shot0022-1.jpg

Sacred - Pong Group shot

Anducar finale video

P.S. - I've tried some pic formatting, so if somebody would be kind enough to fix the size, then I'd be grateful.

P.S.S. - I wonder if my desync disconnection caused Schot his temporary problems with Anducar. In my video, he's dead well before the meteors come raining down.

Edited by Schot

Awesome DaveO! Totally totally awesome! :yay: I really enjoyed watching your vid. Since you captured the video in full resolution I watched it in full screen mode. Very nice! The fraps file must have been HUGE though?! Like 4 gigs? :o

I didn't realize that you were capturing at full screen though. Had I known I think I would have suggested a bitrate of 2000 for compression. Next time! :) Oh and I fixed up your screenshots btw.

Haha Ari. Oh it will be very hard to top this last Kamikaze, lol.

Thanks for the picture fix up, Schot. I actually have about 8-10 Gigabytes of data used by the recorded video. I discarded the Pong portion and used VDub to cut out unneeded stuff. I'll look over the space and video to see if anything else is salvageable. I think I started recording once we got to Anducar's fortress, but there were some miscues before where the video started.

P.S. - Our server is up for today, and expect a hefty goody count from me.

Your welcome DaveO. Wow, 8-10Gb... I really need to add a hard drive to my system. At my present setup I'd be hard pressed to be able to record a 10 Gb video.

Oh and about your previous comment about me being out of sync because of your disconnect. I was thinking the same thing. But why me?!

Please Sign In or Sign Up