NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

The wind is dependent on the weather, which is not constant (and not changed in the mod at all).

The thing is that there is wind in the first video, you can see it in the trees, there are just no leaves that do anything.
In the original version there is constantly something whirling around, even if there is no strong wind.
I did not have any problems with the vanilly version yet, but I do not know if there were other changes in the zip that enhance stability. If so, I would have liked to combine both.
If there were no additional changes I can just keep the Ice&Blood version then.

Yesterday I had the first CTD after enabling the Elite Textures, no big deal, and does not have to be caused by them; but is there a way to collect those errors, like a log?

I'll be testing this version for a very long time and if I could collect some sort of error infos it might be useful for something

10 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Yesterday I had the first CTD after enabling the Elite Textures, no big deal, and does not have to be caused by them;

Well it may be the first of many such crashes.  I strongly recommend the Elite Textures Trimmed instead.  The game's texture cache is ill-equipped to handle the stock Elite Textures.

However please do let me know if it seems that something specific triggers a CTD.

• Like! 1

Small feedback here.

Remember when I said that I could give the toons Niob access in Char Editor but that wouldn't resolve while in-game? Now it works properly, I've tested with two different new toons with different classes. Something must've been definitely blocking that because from Beta to v1.0 it now works as intended. Go figure!

Anyway, started a toon from level 1 in Bronze/Silver without any twinking and gave it a few hours. Nothing weird happened, apart from outside Clearview when my keyboard suddenly stopped responding and I got murdered because I couldn't do anything to get out of there. It could've been my judgement failing me with it being late and having had a painkiller earlier tonight, but it didn't seem to be. Anyway, I'm not going to dub it a bug. I've just been following the main quest line and so far everything is working as intended. I'll probably play a bit more tomorrow, and if so I'll leave another post here.

• Thanks! 1

Alright, so the Sacred itch is again in full scale! :D

Spent some time today with my newly created BFG seraphim, ran all the way to Seraphim Island and up to level 27. It appeases me to say that so far stability is pretty much incredible since I've had no crashes, halts or any weird behaviour. Well, there's the casual visual FX not dropping, but it's the kind of thing that reverts to its normal state when using a teleport. Beat old Gar and old Octo, both melted down by the power of the celestial weapon. I had somehow forgotten how much fun this game still gives me, ha!

Two odd things though. I got a unique drop of a weapon I had never seen before and that isn't on the Wiki, named Motley Mirth. Any idea on what that is? Secondly, on my fight with Gar he dropped his rocks but I never quite saw them on the ground. I'm assuming that since I was going all kite then slam BFG on him I just killed the rocks instantly, since they're usually of white level, but can someone please confirm that his rock throw animation is dropping the actual rocks into the ground please?

• Like! 1

Motley Mirth is one of the "unlock" items that now drops normally.  You may find that you see all kinds of items you'd never seen much of before PFP.

This is because drop.txt was critically broken in many ways.  The efforts made in CM Patch and Enhanced Edition only scratched the surface in terms of correcting all the flaws.   In PFP I literally reviewed every single item in blueprint.txt and made sure it was present in all the correct places in drop.txt.  It took weeks.  There was A LOT missing, and other errors like duplicate items and items in the wrong lists.

I'm currently working on doing the same thing for the next releases of EE and D2F.

Gar's stone throw is just that, it's like a projectile attack.  He throws a rock and it crashes down with some splash damage.  Similar to Gahanka's stone throw.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Motley Mirth is one of the "unlock" items that now drops normally.  You may find that you see all kinds of items you'd never seen much of before PFP.

This is because drop.txt was critically broken in many ways.  The efforts made in CM Patch and Enhanced Edition only scratched the surface in terms of correcting all the flaws.   In PFP I literally reviewed every single item in blueprint.txt and made sure it was present in all the correct places in drop.txt.  It took weeks.  There was A LOT missing, and other errors like duplicate items and items in the wrong lists.

I'm currently working on doing the same thing for the next releases of EE and D2F.

Gar's stone throw is just that, it's like a projectile attack.  He throws a rock and it crashes down with some splash damage.  Similar to Gahanka's stone throw.

Flix and Androdion... nostalgia!!

...I remember these now...though I cant remember why they were unlock...were they part of a special edition people paid extra money for ?

:)

gogo

Oh, I didn't realise that there were still unlock items missing, I thought they had all been previously included somewhere after CM 1.60. OK then, great to hear, more goodies for the looting.

@gogoblender I believe they were special edition unlock items, similar to what is today sold digitally as loyalist packs.

As for Gar's stone throw, yeah I know how it looks. But the stone used to drop on the floor and you'd have to kill it too. Mainly the green one which caused him to regen, but it's common practice to always destroy them before re-engaging him. I couldn't see them on the floor, but like I said playing ranged I was probably just auto-targetting them anyway and they die pretty easily.

• Thanks! 1

Flix , great work!!

This is my favorite part of your projects, and alwqys  delights me

You've always had a path to leverage visual for this game, for your guides, Wiki, and your mod updates 

You bring great light to focus on the beauty of Sacred's visual assets and they themselves  gain recognition, respect and add value to your work 

thank you 

:thumbsup:

gogo

From time to time I keep getting this crash, doing nothing specific... maybe shortly after teleporting but that could be coincidence:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: sacred2.exe, Version: 2.65.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4be45a9b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: granny2.dll, Version: 2.8.35.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4bb526cd
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00010c6b
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3ecc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d81113b416082b
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Sacred2\system\sacred2.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: F:\Sacred2\system\granny2.dll
Berichtskennung: 56dd4ef8-60bf-4634-8c9c-1699deb034c9
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

maybe shortly after teleporting but that could be coincidence

This is a graphics-related problem.  Are you still using the stock Elite Textures?  I'd be interested to know if this ever happens to you if you set the game's textures to Default.

44 minutes ago, Flix said:

This is a graphics-related problem.  Are you still using the stock Elite Textures?  I'd be interested to know if this ever happens to you if you set the game's textures to Default.

I have been using the "Trimmed Elite Textures" but had to disable them because my memory usage went up to 1,5k mb and it gets laggy somewhere there. I play with standard textures but the elite zips are still in the pak folder, I just changed it in the options.

Found a bug with an event in El-Darrag.

There's should be a fight starting when you first enter the village. But it don't start for me. I try to save/re-load, Teleport to another city and game back, restart the game, etc.

Edit: removed PFP, the event start as soon as teleport in.

big_0042.png

Edited by NathyielNathyiel
  • Thanks! 1
13 hours ago, NathyielNathyiel said:

There's should be a fight starting when you first enter the village. But it don't start for me. I try to save/re-load, Teleport to another city and game back, restart the game, etc.

Edit: removed PFP, the event start as soon as teleport in.

big_0042.png

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

That behaviour occurs since CM 1.60, though I have no idea of the cause. If you kill one of these mobs the fight ensues, but until then the event doesn't start.

There's one more thing to mention here: the Du'rach are immune to spell damage at first, only weapon damage can kill one. After the kill, the immunity gets removed and you can normally attack them with spells.

• Like! 1

I don't know if it's related to the Purist Patch;

My "Sound" settings are not saved, only for the current session.
Whenever I restart the game the volumes are resetted to maximum, and the character comments are turned on.

They are on "rarely" or whatever it is called in the english version, but my character is commenting every mob. It's like it's set on "very often" and I have to disable it.

I have no explanation for that behaviour. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, NathyielNathyiel said:

NOrthland expedition, in the name of God quest. The door for Haenir cave is locked when we have to go kill him

When taking the quest to kill the griffin (The Griffin), it start the timer of the Hunting Fever quest.

Looks most of the bugs in PFP are going to be ones I inherited from CM Patch.  I'll do what I can to fix these.  For Haenir you just need to go around to the back cave entrance.

However there's also a bug where Haenir won't spawn currently in PFP (sorry).  I will get this fixed soon.

1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

They are on "rarely" or whatever it is called in the english version, but my character is commenting every mob. It's like it's set on "very often" and I have to disable it.

I have no explanation for that behaviour. Any ideas?

From what I understand, this is because your options.txt is set as read-only.  So it's not writing changes you make in-game to the file.  You can edit the file directly, or else try to turn off the read-only flag on the file.  You may need to re-generate the file as well (delete it and the game will recreate it).

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

From what I understand, this is because your options.txt is set as read-only

Not necessarily. Adding option entry values to scripts\optionsDefault.txt results in the appropriate values being overwritten upon each game restart. I'm using the feature to ensure people don't meddle with the RAM reserved.

39 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Not necessarily. Adding option entry values to scripts\optionsDefault.txt results in the appropriate values being overwritten upon each game restart. I'm using the feature to ensure people don't meddle with the RAM reserved.

Another possibility to keep in mind.  But less likely in this case, I believe.  I have not leveraged that file in any of my mods yet.