NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

I believe I found the problem.  In the quest set droplist I had added the three set items from "Memories of the Trees" which was a CM Patch invention, therefore there are no blueprints for these items.  I'll know for sure tonight when I can test it. Blueprints  3469, 3470, 3471

• Like! 1

I found an old list of CM-Patch Bugs (with no other mod) which I posted when I was active in the german forum:
https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1547877-CM-Patch-Bugs
It's from 2019 though (and in german) and I know at least some of them have been fixed already, but it's a pretty long list and I thought it might be for some use for your Purist Project. I can translate if you're interested.

When handing in normal (blue) quests I sometimes experience a "connection loss" and drop out of the game. It happened twice within minutes, I'm playing offline storymode.
didn't happen with the cm patch.

and 3rd time... seems to happen almost always when I want to hand in quest.

aaas.png

On 1/18/2022 at 5:24 AM, Flix said:

Fixed crash to main menu when completing/updating quests.

ah I see, where can I get the 1.0? :D

Edit: So I seem to have used your latest version, but I still got the crashes mentioned before. I reverted blueprint and drop to ice&blood vanilla and now I can play properly.

Edited by Vishanka
2 hours ago, Vishanka said:

When handing in normal (blue) quests I sometimes experience a "connection loss" and drop out of the game. It happened twice within minutes, I'm playing offline storymode.
didn't happen with the cm patch.

and 3rd time... seems to happen almost always when I want to hand in quest.

aaas.png

ah I see, where can I get the 1.0? :D

Edit: So I seem to have used your latest version, but I still got the crashes mentioned before. I reverted blueprint and drop to ice&blood vanilla and now I can play properly.

What other mods do you have installed?  I can't reproduce this bug anymore with my current drop.txt.  Also there's nothing wrong with blueprint.txt

2 hours ago, NathyielNathyiel said:

I can't screen my map for the precise point. It's in a kobold cave near the Seraphim Valey. Not sure of the exact location. Sorry.

Nothing I can do about that.  It's something to do with newer graphics drivers.

19 hours ago, Flix said:

That's the plan, though I haven't given it as much testing as I'd like.  I'm not sure what the alternative would even be... did you wonder if Northland Expedition might get disabled if Christmas Patch was installed?  I decided not to go that route.

Yeah, that was precisely my point. So enabling it will make both quests available at the same time "like usual". I'll try v1.0 with everything enabled then. :)

Small note to everyone trying this, when changing from Beta to v1.0 remind yourselves to first disable the Beta version on GME and then enable v1.0, otherwise things may go south. Also noteworthy, first enable the main Fixpack module and only afterwards the optional DM and Christmas modules. Happy playing!

3 hours ago, Vishanka said:

EDIT: I know what might have happened: There is also a drop.txt in "PFP DM Mutation Set" and it probably did overwrite the updated version from Purist Fixpack.

Yeah, that's it. I forgot to update that file.  Will do shortly.  I forget that everyone wants DM Mutation, I might as well just combine it with the main mod.

• Like! 1

One other question about the PhysiX.
The new PhysixExt.zip reduces the number of leaves and debris on the ground.

I always copy the old file because I like it when so much stuff flies around. I don't know what other changes the file contains, so far the game seems to be stable with the old file; but if there are other changes besides the number of particles that increase the stability of PhysiX I wanted to ask if it would be possible to get a file that doesn't reduce the number of debris but includes possible fixes for stability.

Edited by Vishanka
12 hours ago, Flix said:

Nothing I can do about that.  It's something to do with newer graphics drivers.

that's what I thought too.

I tested much content without problem (no DM set nor Christmas Island). Currently testing Epic quest.

I started to do some change based on your files like reduced size for some boss (so I can see Dragon boss, not just their feets), Increase other like (mostly Humanoid) and walk/run speed a bit.

Now I search if HE mount flying animation can be speed up. The wing flapping animation os so slow that it look like the mount is a lot slower.

13 hours ago, Vishanka said:

One other question about the PhysiX.
The new PhysixExt.zip reduces the number of leaves and debris on the ground.

I always copy the old file because I like it when so much stuff flies around. I don't know what other changes the file contains, so far the game seems to be stable with the old file; but if there are other changes besides the number of particles that increase the stability of PhysiX I wanted to ask if it would be possible to get a file that doesn't reduce the number of debris but includes possible fixes for stability.

PFP does not contain the physxExt.zip file from the CM Patch with all the particles deleted.  The file in PFP is essentially a correction.

34 minutes ago, Flix said:

PFP does not contain the physxExt.zip file from the CM Patch with all the particles deleted.  The file in PFP is essentially a correction.

I just replaced it with the file from the purist pack again and it's definitely less debris and leaves.

It also looks like the wind is missing, there are no leaves flying around with the purist physxext

Edited by Vishanka

Of course it's less debris.  The vanilla version is the result of a mistake.  If it pleases you, you can just use the vanilla file and think of it like an "turbo overdrive lots of extra leaves and dirt mod" or something.  So long as performance and stability is satisfactory to you, it doesn't matter.

The wind is dependent on the weather, which is not constant (and not changed in the mod at all).