Sacred 2 Trailer - Fallen Angel Gameplay

Schot

Well look what I found while cleaning up my pc! I can't believe I never submitted this video before?! :) This one has a ton of eye candy so sit back and enjoy this 6 minute video of the splendor that will be found upon the release of Sacred2: Fallen Angel in September 2008.

In this video you will get a glimpse of the giant Dragon in game(that I've been going on and on about!), the game's huge world map and lots of other fantastic sights to see!

Naturally the video is a DivX Stage6 vid so you'll be needing that wonderful DivX Web Player Optionally I've also added this video to our ->SacredWiki Youtube Channel<-

All we need now is someone fluent in German to let us know what the guy in this video is saying. :D

Sacred 2 Gameplay Tour

ooooOOOOOOooooo Wicked!! :D

Thank you Schot!! Must go watch again!

(hehe and Schot, do disregard my posting in the "Currently Watching" thread, I was in youube when that popped up!) hahaha Didn't know you were in the process of posting it here! :)

That was soo cool. Thanks Schot for posting. :) (and you too Arilaftia :lol:

One point........ I hope that was a "censored" version because the blood effect looked absolutely crappy. I mean like when something dies it looks like it farts a red powder puff. :)

A question too...........any one know if the game will have widescreen support?

and I am presently half way to saving up enough money to buy a new pc to run this. I reckon its gonna need a real beast to get decent framerates. :(

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

yau great!

what I noticed that seemed a little wierd was they all had some small ''inputs'' for CA or spells to the right of the normal one and when the elf played these 3 were filled with vampires timecontrol when the seraphin it was filled with the battlemages circle of fear and shadow warrior gladis FotG or backbreaker

Edit: OH! I understand now they use many of the same spell/CA icons

Edited by Erling

@Cygnus:

Awh but there's just gotta be at least 1 or 2 juicy details to be found in what he is saying. Must have more! :D I'm very curious about what he is saying while the Dragon is on screen. Maybe he says a bit about what the Dragon's purpose is?!

@stubbie:

I had the very same question about the "gore" factor. I'm wondering(hoping) that the reason for the weak display of violence is because of strict laws against violence in advertizing... You can bet I'll be holding my breath on that one, lol. I think the aspect of gore in Sacred Underworld really adds to the fun factor. Let's hope we'll get our fix of blood thirsty gore in Sacred 2! :) :)

Oh and as for widescreen I have good news! gogo posted an article from Ascaron some time ago that I think you might enjoy: Sacred 2 - Developer Diary - Simon Truempler

Another major improvement in Sacred is 16:9 resolution. I only mentioned three resolutions in my last blog because the graphics for these (in various sizes) were already finished. All other resolutions will draw upon these graphics, depending on what proves useful.

Keep saving my friend. It's gonna be worth it!

@Erling:

There have been many video examples of Sacred 2 now and I find that very strange as well Erling. :( In every video I've seen with gameplay action you can see that they are using the same CA icons from Sacred Underworld... That seems a bit lame to me but maybe it is only temporary... :lol:

Oh and the extra sockets on the CA icons have got me VERY curious as well. I have a feeling that "aspects" will be a part of that new setup.

Haha bhj. Mr. Uber leet connection speed. :D Though even with my connection speed I found the video began immediately after pushing play. Good file size to time/duration ratio I think. :viking:

Ah yup! That's my bet as well Frosty. In fact it seems that in every fight scene of the chars shown fighting there is always Life Leach. I wonder how they plan to work LL into the game this time...

Oh and a very nice thing I just noticed in the video is the shadow work. Starting at the time frame 3:35 you see the Shadow Warrior run under a hanging lamp. As he approaches and passes the lamp you can see the complex shadow work in action. It's very nice work I find. :D

I'm personally wondering what/why the health meter only takes up 1/2 the circle around the character portrait. What's the other half for?

And yes, the Sacred CA/spell icons are placeholders, they won't be there in the full game...

I'm fervently hoping it can be played with a fixed camera position, I absolutely HATE games where you have to keep swinging the camera around to see what your trying to do. For me it totally ruins the game and there is no realistic justification for it. If you fix the camera angle in relation to your character, it should turn when you turn, show what your character sees. As much as I am looking forward to Sacred 2, if it requires a free swinging camera, I won't even bother to buy it! :D

Thanks for the linky Schot, but it has confused me somewhat.

I am now wondering whether my 16:10 monitor will display Sacred2's 16:9 resolution correctly?

I am really a newbie with widescreen stuff :D

stubbs

Thanks for the linky Schot, but it has confused me somewhat.

I am now wondering whether my 16:10 monitor will display Sacred2's 16:9 resolution correctly?

I am really a newbie with widescreen stuff :)

stubbs

16:10? :o

I had just assumed you were meaning 16:9 stubbie. I didn't even know there has been a 16:10 in use these days, eh heh. I did a bit of googling and it seems as though some widescreen monitors can support both 16:10 and 16:9. Hopefully yours will have that option but if you're wanting to be sure you could post your monitor's model name and # in the topic ->What size monitor would be best to display Sacred 2 optimally in best rez<-. We'll see if we can figure it out for you. :P

I'm personally wondering what/why the health meter only takes up 1/2 the circle around the character portrait. What's the other half for?

And yes, the Sacred CA/spell icons are placeholders, they won't be there in the full game...

Hmmm. If I had to guess about that other half bar I'd have to say it's going to be for that mystical T-Energy. Big relief on the placeholder icons. Whew! That would have been pretty tacky to use the old ones I think.

I'm fervently hoping it can be played with a fixed camera position, I absolutely HATE games where you have to keep swinging the camera around to see what your trying to do. For me it totally ruins the game and there is no realistic justification for it. If you fix the camera angle in relation to your character, it should turn when you turn, show what your character sees. As much as I am looking forward to Sacred 2, if it requires a free swinging camera, I won't even bother to buy it! :D

Wish it could be said for sure but I have an unsubstantiated feeling that we will have the option of both. :D

"Wish it could be said for sure but I have an unsubstantiated feeling that we will have the option of both."

I'll be very happy with the option, if it is playable that way. It's when you have no choice that really gets my goat. When you 're trying to RPG, it really spoils it if you've got to keep adjusting camera angles instead of just getting into it and playing naturally.

I must say I do really hope we have the camera options. Sacred angles never bothered me but in playing lotro, I now love the ability to change it.. One of the aspects of why I really dont care for Mythos, the angles of sight feel wrong. Just as long as its not as much as NWN2 that one can get downright dizzying.

I really like what I saw and cant wait for more Sacred 2!