Oh My god, I just won a 19" Monitor!

gogoblender

LOL... I swear I don't know what's going on this job is so funny..

They're trying to get rid of some of the monitors at work, so I stuck my name in to the draw, and a few days later...Kapling... I get an email saying I won a monitor!

Cept...it's huuuuuuuuuge.... guys this is like an old school crt thing...I mean it's gorgeous, and I can't believe how clear, bright sweet the display is (as compared to my getting-old seventeen inch lcd) but..not only is this thing so heavy I could lift weights with, but... lol, I can't fit it on my desk the right way! I have to squish it up onto the corner of my desk and watch it from a strange/weird slant.. I'm wondering now about the effect this is gonna have on my neck.

:D

gogo

You should see what a 21 inch crt is like ... I keep putting off getting my new armoire style desk that I can lock because none of them can accept a 21 inch ctr monitor and close all the way... But grats on the win!

Ahahaha, 19" CRT!!

LOOOOL!!

I've seen a 20" CRT once, and that was HUUUUUGE and HEAAAVY!! (more than a normal tv set)

I can imagine yours isn't that far of from that. I kinda pitty you for that.

On the other hand, why the hell do you keep winning stuff?!?! There's something wrong here, I demand an explanation!

GoGo, go out and buy some lottery tickets for me. :D

I had a 21" CRT, about 8-10 years ago, and it weighed 96 lbs. Don't get a hernia!

- Ike

Mind control, I win.

*pokes gogo* gogo? :3lmao:

Man... They are going to tear you apart at work if you keep winning stuff, lol. But hmmm... You say you barely have enough room for the monitor you have now... Gosh, what ever would you do if you won another one. Well don't fret my friend. I'll always be there for you. Sooooo. When's the next raffle?! :drool:

Gratz on the new toy! It suuure is pretty cool!

Is this your lucky year or what? :3lmao:

hello - but isnt crt's bad for the eyes...that is why they have invented LCD's ?

LCDs dont flicker while the constant refreshing of a CRT monitor can tire the eyes easily, however, setting the refresh rate at about 70-75 Hz or higher will negate this effect.

CRTs emit some kind of electromagnetic radiation, which can also be harmful, but especially in the case of new monitors the level of this radiation is so low that it is basically undetectable and does not effect your health.

What is actually harmful to the eyes is not the CRTs or monitors for that matter, but looking at anything at a close range. It is entirely unnatural, our ancestors in the stone age and before weren’t actually reading newspapers by the campfire. But you can’t tell the kids to stop reading and studying because its unhealthy. You can only tell them to stop sitting at the computer. :drool:

Oh Grats Gogo! You have some great luck there! Can I borrow some? Just a little bit?! :3lmao:

Yup they are quite nice if not a bit beastly! I would consider getting a flat screen, buuut I know that if my son hits the side table here, that this monitor isnt going anywhere.. So sometimes the big heavy ones do have their special purpose!

ayuh if my 3 yr old points forcefully to something on my 21" crt I know he will meet only glass and no harm beyond finger prints. Same cannot be said for lcd's ...

Edited by Genenut

lol, I'm having such a sweet time with it guys... The quality of the images and just the sheer size of it ...magnificent. hmmm, are my hydro bills gonna go up...

:viking:

gogo